TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9335 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:54 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Arguable to whether or not he is a senior member. He is an advisor, nothing more. It'd be like Niki Lauda whining about drivers when he worked at Ferrari. Yeah it's an opinion...but who gives a fuck.

Why do people care what Marko thinks anyway? It's Horner who is important and he very rarely has anything negative to say about Mark. At the end of the day, when Mark is getting the job done he'll win the title. When he isn't...he won't. No matter what Marko says, that won't change.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ron Dennis saying Coulthard had brain fade in a Barcelona post race interview one year should be an example of when a driver should be concerned about a team boss' comments. Markko is just Markko, answering questions he's asked in the honest way he does. And he's not Webber's employer so it shouldn't matter.

Last edited by kals on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes that may be true, but as a highly public figure within the Red Bull operation he does garner public attention and rightly or wrongly, that does mean that he has influence in the team. But then again, maybe Horner thinks he is a dick like most people do!
I actually overlooked the fact that Webber and Horner own a team together. So I guess that's the answer right there why Webber is still around!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not motor sport related, but why I love the internet and TBK. Ellis, Kals and myself all typing comments at pretty much the same time on the same topic despite the fact that we are in 3 different continents.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You can have a lot of fun being a good midfielder. You can have a glorious destiny being a top champion. But wandering between the two, never finding one's own place?
Webber's fate, along with Massa, Button, Barrichello, Coulthard... are some of the cruelest F1 has to offer IMO. It calls for sympathy, despite the victories/odd championships that come across.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
Yes that may be true, but as a highly public figure within the Red Bull operation he does garner public attention and rightly or wrongly, that does mean that he has influence in the team. But then again, maybe Horner thinks he is a dick like most people do!
I actually overlooked the fact that Webber and Horner own a team together. So I guess that's the answer right there why Webber is still around!

I think they all know that Helmut is just being Helmut. He doesn't have any say in race strategy or development or anything like that, which are the areas that really matter. He's just Didi's man on the spot, and he could end up providing a valuable service if he takes on the responsibility of reciprocating the shit-flinging from people like Alonso and Stewart, leaving the smart people to do the real work.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

coldtyre wrote:
You can have a lot of fun being a good midfielder. You can have a glorious destiny being a top champion. But wandering between the two, never finding one's own place?
Webber's fate, along with Massa, Button, Barrichello, Coulthard... are some of the cruelest F1 has to offer IMO. It calls for sympathy, despite the victories/odd championships that come across.

Button? How can you include him in that group?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Plus Cesare Fiorio needs to be put back in charge.

Oh and they obviously need to go back to the original scarlet colour, not the red colour they've been using for 10 or so years now.

They've used the scarlet since ~2007.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Woodski wrote:

the white used from sponsors make the red get lighter, rather than when they raced with black wings

and about Webber, if Red Bull wants perfect publicity why not hire another world champion and monopolize championship battle between them and so the media?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:10 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

LucasWheldon wrote:
Woodski wrote:

the white used from sponsors make the red get lighter, rather than when they raced with black wings

and about Webber, if Red Bull wants perfect publicity why not hire another world champion and monopolize championship battle between them and so the media?

Yeah...because that has worked so well in the past...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
kals wrote:
Plus Cesare Fiorio needs to be put back in charge.

Oh and they obviously need to go back to the original scarlet colour, not the red colour they've been using for 10 or so years now.

That's interesting to note. I thought it was still more akin to Marlboro red, rather than the scarlet from like the 1995 car.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
coldtyre wrote:

Button? How can you include him in that group?

Personally I thought Button entered F1 far too early, and didn't impress at all in his first couple of years (Hockenheim 2000 may be an exception, but Fisichella destroyed him in 2001). Even up to 2009, I thought he was an average/decent driver who was lucky enough to drive the dominant Brawn car.

It's been the years at Mclaren that have changed my opinion on him. Some brilliant races in challenging conditions. He just lacks the raw pace of Lewis, and doesn't pull off the fantastic drives often enough. I can see why he'd be likened to Webber, but that's not a terrible thing. Good, but not one of the great champions. Just my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What are you talking about? Jenson was superb in 2000, with some really special performances. He impressed a lot of people and was one of the main talking points in the paddock throughout the year. There were a couple of silly errors (Monza and Spa) but that's understandable. In 2001 he got his arse handed to him because his inexperience meant he was unable to know how to deal with a troublesome car and he was a little over arrogant following a very good first year. In 2002, after he'd matured somewhat he measured up very well against Trulli.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's been a while since I've watched any of the races from 2000, but I'm pretty sure that he rarely looked at quick as Ralf. I don't expect every young driver to instantly be on the pace of a more experienced team mate, but the great drivers often do. Look at Hamilton against Alonso, and I'd hardly put Ralf in the category of Alonso. As I said, Button is good, but I don't see how he can be considered one of the best drivers out there. He's lost out to a lot of team mates. Hamilton would have been miles clear last season, if the team hadn't cocked up every other race.

Last edited by De Cesaris fan on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
What are you talking about? Jenson was superb in 2000, with some really special performances. He impressed a lot of people and was one of the main talking points in the paddock throughout the year. There were a couple of silly errors (Monza and Spa) but that's understandable. In 2001 he got his arse handed to him because his inexperience meant he was unable to know how to deal with a troublesome car and he was a little over arrogant following a very good first year. In 2002, after he'd matured somewhat he measured up very well against Trulli.

Yeah, Stewart was pretty critical of Button in 2000 even though he did reasonably well for a rookie in an under-performing Williams. Too bad he didn't stay at Williams for 2001, 2002, 2003. Montoya still would have outpaced him though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
It's been a while since I've watched any of the races from 2000, but I'm pretty sure that he rarely looked at quick as Ralf. I don't expect every young driver to instantly be on the pace of a more experienced team mate, but the great drivers often do. Look at Hamilton against Alonso, and I'd hardly put Ralf in the category of Alonso. As I said, Button is good, but I don't see how he can be considered one of the best drivers out there. He's lost out to a lot of team mates.

2000 - Very competant and made Ralf look average on occassion, impressed a lot with his speed and adaptability
2001 - Poor Benetton, poor Button
2002 - Reasonable Benetton, impressive performances and stacked well against highly rated Trulli
2003 - Made JV look average
2004 - How many podiums?
2005 - Terrible start for the team but recovered well, Sato anonymous
2006 - Highest scorer in second half of season
2007 & 2008 - Forgettable for the team for both drivers, but Barrichello just edged it
2009 - All Jenson
2010 - Lewis ahead of Jenson
2011 - Jenson thrived, Lewis fell apart
2012 - Lewis ahead of Jenson

I don't see this as Jenson losing out to a lot of his team mates.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
Woodski wrote:

First 4 rounds of 2007:

Monaco and later:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Silly Season appears to have one final twist, with Kobayashi moving into the frame at FIF1 to face off against Bianchi.

@takiinoue wrote:
Some news from Force India can be expected tomorrow. They should announce now now now!!

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woodski wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
Woodski wrote:

First 4 rounds of 2007:

Monaco and later:

So assuming that the difference in the colour is not due to the lighting....does that, um constitute a complete mid season livery change? Don't you have to get approval from the rest of the grid to do that? otherwise its illegal isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They probably approved just to get that dayglo eyesore out of sight.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9335 Next