TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1688 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 7785 Next

Who wins 2012 Formula One Driver's Championsip?
Sebastian Vettel 65%  65%  [ 64 ]
Fernando Alonso 35%  35%  [ 34 ]
Total votes: 98
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fox wrote:

How on earth could we missed this?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lap-by-lap championship situation. While above the zero-point, it's advantage Vettel, and while below it, advantage Alonso.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:35 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

i feel sad that the season is finished now i have to wait 4 months:(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

CoCo wrote:
i feel sad that the season is finished now i have to wait 4 months:(

Yeah, it's strange to be without F1, but it's better than some years when the season ended in early october. I can't wait for the teams to get their lineups confirmed, the first pre season tests, new cars, new liveries, all starting again and Melbourne is always a fantastic place for a season oppener.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 pm 
Permabanned

Just 111 days ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

a7b7u wrote:
If those flashing lights, which McNish was referring to on Sky, where indeed yellow light and not yellow/red, then how could there even be a discussion whether that pass was legal. The whole pit straight was neutralized although.

Does the rulebook offer the stewards room for personal judgement when to punish yellow flag infringements?

I'm late to the party because I watched tape delayed, but what's more important is whether the pass is for position or not.
Last time I had a copy of the Sporting Regulations there was an exception in them that overtaking could take place under yellow if the car doing the overtaking was lapping the car it was overtaking.

I don't know who was where, I was half asleep watching it, but if nothing is done, that might explain it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Let's hang around, baby!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was thinking for a moment that Kovalainen was going to reprise the role of Marques before it all went wrong.

It wasn't even overambitious, he had the move completed with plenty of room to spare before it all went sideways. Didn't anticipate how damp the track would be.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

We had a hell of a race,on top of a fantastic season,only thing I'm afraid is that we can't expect much more from 2013,I just can't imagine a season crazier than this.
Alonso,congratulations,a fair 2nd,as a big Alonso fan,im satisfied with this after the horrible start of season,but after those ups and downs in 2012,this 2nd place comes our as a dissapointment. A car in range of a Lotus,in 2nd part of season nowhere near Redbull or even Mclaren,but Fernando had the fight until the last race.

Vettel,congratulations,you won it,you had the fastest car,but some good drives,wirth some luck,but everyone had luck (okay,except Lewis) and it gone all right. It was not easy,but it's EASIER with a faster car. Congrats again,he had proven outstanding,despite I don't like him,he has my respect.

I'm sad,sad because i want this season to last until March 2013. I just cant wait 111 days for my favourite sport to run again and race again,because today it had proven itself by a crazy,fantastic race,it had proven to myself why I like Formula1 so much,and why I live on sundays just to watch and be part of the big F1 family.

Formula 1,I love you so much. :flag:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'll hate my employer for life for making me miss this live. Only checked on the start and first laps incidents on the forum, but managed to catch up with it a few hours later before any spoilers.

I feel gutted about Hamilton. If Hulkenberg had managed to keep it to a small understeer they would have touched slightly, unfortunately he completely panicked and slammed into him sideways, too bad for both.

Also, the MSC/Kimi battle in turn 1 was great, exactly like the one they had in 2006 before his first retirement.

F1 has just been AWESOME this year. I will make sure I don't miss any race next year, I'm definitely relapsing into it real bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Has been a great year with some awesome races and couldn't have ended with a better race. As far as on track entertainment is concerned I struggle to remember a season with this much excitement! Being on 2013!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lol.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Regiotap wrote:
What's the story about Vettel passing under yellow? Saw some rumours on twitter.

Btw, I'm surprised there was no investigation for the Kobayashi/Webber incident.

It's only coming from the UK Sky Sports viewers as Sky inserted their own replay of this happening from the on-board feed and then kept banging on about it during the race and a good long while afterwards too (even AFTER Martin Brundle tweeted to say there was no yellow flag and someone posted a screengrab of the driver tracker showing no yellow a the moment Vettel passed Kamui

Sky were trying to create their own little bit of drama here it seems, so if you talk to someone who watched the race on sky they'll probably bring this up (especially if they're the type that didn't watch until about an hour after the race when Sky finally corrected themselves) but no other broadcaster bothered with it I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:37 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Pat Fry from Ferrari said it was a legal pass. They didn't even question it. If Ferrari didn't complain, there's no way there was anything wrong lol.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sky being Sky.
My dad was saying that he was watching one of the German channels a while back and when one of the drivers had finished his interview, he walked off, saw Sky's lot standing behind and turned and walked in the opposite direction, next you saw fakeJake, Herbert, Hill and tv crew running through the background of the shot after him trying to get an interview :lol:

Seems they've pissed a lot of people off this season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

From what I've read, basically Ted, Brundle and Croft are still liked, since they're part of the paddock anyway. But the cameramen have caused a few issues, and supposedly the suits which go aren't very well liked either.

I'm glad others are calling him FakeJake now too. I felt like I was the only one, but he is clearly there to be like Jake lol.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just finished watching the race now. I have no words to describe what I have just seen, just speechless.
Couldn't have ended better, thanks F1 and the BBC! Jake done a great job.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:20 am 

Kimi :lol:

"It was a busy race and we didn't have the pace we wanted all the time. There was certainly a lot going on. I went off at the last corner on lap fifty-two as I couldn't see well with my visor being dirty and fogged up. Where I went off you can get back on the track by going through the support race pit lane, but you have to go through a gate. I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time. Next year I'll make sure it's open again."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104595

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:21 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
From what I've read, basically Ted, Brundle and Croft are still liked, since they're part of the paddock anyway. But the cameramen have caused a few issues, and supposedly the suits which go aren't very well liked either.

I'm glad others are calling him FakeJake now too. I felt like I was the only one, but he is clearly there to be like Jake lol.

I don't think you're going to have too much luck with a catchphrase started by Charlie Sale of the Daily Mail....

But I agree, he tries too hard and tbh I don't even think he cares that much about the sport.
Which Jake didn't do that much before he got the job I suppose, but my god did he do his homework.

Lazenby, ehhh it's been a whole year and all I get from him is superficial, polished persona. Not someone I can imagine wanting to share a beer with and talk F1.
Jake at the very least seems friendly, knowledgeable and more fun. Which is why I'll be sorry to see him go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Started by who? I was calling him FakeJake in Australia. I have no idea who you're talking about.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1688 posts ]  Go to page Previous 173 74 75 76 7785 Next