TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 824 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I find it interesting to read about people's devotion to F1 waning as their lives move forwards and they discover other passions in life.

Personally I went through the same thing in the 00s, wondering why I was getting up in the wee small hours to watch a lot of ugly aero dependant cars with grooved tyres race around a track and occasionally switch places during refuelling stops.

But the past couple of years has really topped up my passion for the sport, so much so I'm creating podcasts and radio shows to discuss it with fellow fans, etc.

To those who are wondering about their commitment levels, don't worry.
Your passion will ebb and flow as the eras come and go, if there's something you don't like about the sport, just be patient and it usually changes every 10 years or so anyway.
I HATED Refuelling and the pitstop focus of F1 in the 00's, yet during that era I was also depressed because I just thought that WAS "the format", that's just how F1 was and I never thought they'd change it.
But then the sports circumstances changed and therefore they didn't fancy lugging all that fuel and equipment around the world and bam, away it went and the focus of the racing returned to being on the track, not the pit lane.

Fans today might get down about the Far Eastern tracks and state of the sport, but will they last forever?
No.
Will you like how the sport replaces them? Who knows, but F1 never stays stagnant for too long, it regenerates itself pretty quickly, so if you don't like what's going on now, be patient and maybe something will come along that you enjoy more.

About all the discussion of F1 love in your life.

My passion fells like is forever groin. Not only for F1, but motorsport in general. I can't miss a Bathurst 1000 race for the track, the challenge to pass, the cars, the broadcast (sounds and image) and the whole unique dinamic; 24h of Lemans for the prototypes and the cars; Daytona for something really different than Leman;,

And the seasons of WRC for the beauty and lovely drivers, Dakar, Indy, NSCS and F1. Specially the last 2 and WRC.

I started with F1, dont miss a race since 1996 and though now I know a whole new universe. I just love the huge soap opera that is the relations and negotiations that is the circus. The whole challenge to engineer the perfect car.

So is the star effect of hugely famous drivers and their personalities, history and huge egos. There's nothing like that other than F1. And the talent that there is compressed in the field in these years is just immense.

I just love motorsport so much that I know that I HAVE to find a way to earn money with it, because I just can't stop spending 30h of the week just into it. I'm 25 now and the more I know and watch, the more I wanna know and watch. Don't miss an F1 race since 1996, WRC since 2006, Nascar since 2005, most of Indy since 1996. And most of A1GP and Superleague Formula while they existed.

Plus I hear an very good motorsport podcast of motorsport in portuguese that really helped to raise my passion since 2011.

Here's my thoughts of the years of F1 so far, I watched and remember seing Senna die, but I was 7 then and my family stopped watching F1, but it all got back again in 1996:

1996 - Everything new, I'll never forget the excitement of being up late and that start crash at Melbourne. Then Villenueve almost winning in its first race, but had a problem with the engine, Hill who was just behind got covered up in oil during the race.

The year was a nice title battle and had some amazing moments with Schummy winning with a much worse car. Specially Spa, the commentator got nuts when he left the pits just in front o Jacques. That was some mental last laps.

1997 - Tight battle between schummy and Jacques. With and script that had to much plot twists to make a Hollywood movie believable. I saw the year review sometime ago. It was either win or DNF for both. For all the possible reasons. Lot's of wet races at some point then dry again. Crazy stuff.

1998 - The battle of the perfect and most beatifull car against the most willing team to get back on top after so many years withouth a drivers title. Witch started the past year already. I really simphatized with Ferrari and Schummi at the time for this. Also Spa 1998

1999 - The same, plus Irvine crazyness and Rubens amazing race at Interlagos. Malasia and schummi dominating just to let Irvine pass at the end when Michael was just back was amazing. The comentator sucking his cock also helped to make the mood.

2000 - 4th year that Ferrari was pursuing this, I've never was so much into the title hunt than before. And Rubens in the team was also just amazing. Just waitng and cheering for him to win. Hockenheim was something else.

But the last 2 races of the season I slept over my friend to watch there and they were like 3 in the morning and his alarm clock wich never had any problems failed both times. This is something I'll never get over. Missing the end of the novel wich started in 1996. But oh well....

2001 - Oh my, Montoya got into F1, and what an welcome card he sent to Schummi at Interlagos. I was an Williams fan aswell so everything was just fantastic this year.

2002 - A domination that reminded me of McLaren in late 80s, just insane the difference. Also the A1-Ring scandal. And the pricelles coments at the end of the race "NOT TODAY, NOT TODAY, NOT TODAY!!!!.... yes today yes today!?!?!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jGr7B2XJuY

2003 - Oh my, everything I saw went kaboom. My head just exploded as I saw a 3 way battle for the championship, from 3 different teams. Interlagos, Silverstone, Indianapolis and Suzuka. Lots and lots of good races.

2004 - Well, it was Ferrari dominance over again, but since I found TBK this year. Watching 10 onboard laps before the races made each one special and I was trilled to watch the best lap of the race be destroied everytime Schumacher made a pitstop. The end of the year was even more fun since other teams (or rather their tyre company) catched up. The only race that Schummi didn't won in the first 11 was also one of the best Monaco GP ever. Also, this year, 2003 and 2005 was so beautifull in the car colours. The Silver Arrow, the Red Ferraris, the Yellow and Blue Renaults, the Sauber. It was just great to watch.

2005 - The races were boring, but it was just so nice to see anyone but schumacher battling for the title. And the new rule wich was something unique. And following F1 with TBK footage with an title fight to watch. I was really excited to see who was going to get the crown that was with Schumacher for so long.

2006 - The figth, no, the duel that I consider the most gruelling I've witnessed. An old champion REALLY hungry to get back on top before retiring against the energy and motivation and early maturity of the rising star. A clash of the titans. The image of Schummy winning at Monza sending the crowd insane, they entering the track nuts and him giving them the Champagne shower (wich BBC feed stupidly cuts to the pit reporters and then who watch this just don't know how it was for me) this still gives my chills down my spine. It probably was the most emotional race for me.

This and then Shanghai that Schummy only won because he knows how to drive on wet and could get back to the racing line from the pits with slick tyres much better than Fisichella, making the pass for the win there, sideways. Plus all the deception at Suzuka. And then the great ending at Brazil.

2007 - All went nuts. An inside battle at McLaren between a rising star versus the old champion? English driver in english team wich was so thirsty of talented drivers went as a tsunami against Alonso. What an crazy and dramatic rollercoaster of emotions was Fuji (the [almost] hollywood crowning of a champion), Shaghai (da fuck?!?!) and then Brazil (no way!!!! Oh my EPIC). And Massa could be in his place if he didn't had mechanichal failures at Monza and Melbourne wich he was dominating over Raikonnen.

2008 - Raikonnen in a hangover year (or it was actually 5? :D) Made Massa Ferrari's the N1 in Maranello's house. But although he had the pace. Some "genious" in the strategy team or the mechanics during pit stop fucked up so many races, plus the engine let go at Hungary. This should be his year by miles. But presented the best ever final. Still I could had the taste of a dream of him winning the race AND the title in his hometrack for a few moments.

2009 - Again, not much excitment in the battle for the championship or the races. But it was really great to see the development of the cars trought the year. Red Bull and McLaren trying to catch up and plus the track style dictated so much who was going to be stronger there. Just the hardest ever year to make good picks for the PickEm competition.

2010 - My head was blown again with a 5 way battle for the championship. The new point system witch gave more privileges for the GP winner made everyone leave their brains at home and go on in a huge shootout every GP. Thogh the race action wasn't so great, it was the best saw yet. The new rule of no refuelling plus the tyre selection obligate them to really FIGHT for the overtake on track.

2011 - Boring title but the most dinamic races ever seen yet. Monaco, Montreal. I just couldn't believe my eyes. Also all the drama with the new Red Bull invention. I was a really Nascar fan because there the races were really dinamic and dramatic, but then F1 was at full power. The domination that Red Bull was showing it was capable of in 2010 but almost got beaten by themselves, now back on track.

2012 - Just as Nascar got really boring, F1 doubled the excitment and presented the best ever. New tyres, no difusor bullshit, every team really close and able to make some diference. Made some really crazy races. In a series were every team makes their own car and with different budges. Never since the early 80s the small teams were so close of the bigger ones. I wonder when this will happen again.

I may not be so surprised or excited with the years to come. But I'll always follow it very close. I just love it and I'm eager to know how it is going to end. How each new chapter (year) will unfold. Long live F1, Motorsports and TBK. :)

PS: The topic was on page 4 and it was 5hsomething when I started writing this, gotta go now. The q1 session already begun. More than 1hour writing. :lol:

PS2: Oh, I started my real race carrer already, I made an 12h of kart and more important. A 2h dirt race in a 147 :flag: Mostly on 3 gear only cause the engine was shutting of when I changed the gears. Or made right hand turns. Long story for latter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 am 
Permabanned

Maldonado 1st in q1 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You must be damn unlucky to find a gravel trap from modern Tilke-track and get stuck into it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

JJ wrote:
You must be damn unlucky to find a gravel trap from modern Tilke-track and get stuck into it.

He managed to find one on the inside of the corner too. That's impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

and Q2 is underway and they are still moving that car away

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Who went off?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 am 
Permabanned

coldtyre wrote:
Who went off?

Kova

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thx

Those curbs are really well designed, prevents corner cutting but just smooth enough not to launch the cars completely.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:26 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I like that chicane thing. It's a great little section and obviously really difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vettel wins, always :p

Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Vettel. kthxbye

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And Alonso continues to see the world championship disappear over the horizon.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I think that grid is closer than it appears. Webber never got a good lap in, and those McLarens and Ferraris will be close in the race.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am 
Permabanned

35 th pole for Vettel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He who starts from pole can dictate the race. Fully expecting Vettel to get his customary 2s lead after Lap 1.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

:cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:41 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

mildly entertaining quali session.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kovalainen blames spin on traffic
http://www.f1zone.net/news/kovalainen-b ... fic/16393/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alonso is at the end of his tether. Again insinuating in public that the technical team at Ferrari is inferior.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 824 Next