TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1765 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 2789 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

chimp wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Hinchcliffe isn't very keen on doubleheaders, claiming that they usually end those races (street circuits) with blisters or their hands, and two races in two days would mean, literally, ending up with bloody hands.

He also claimed that for a race they start hydrating about 3 days before the race, and that the water they lose during a race is too much to be able to fully rehidrate overnight for the second one.

Is he serious?

Many Nascar drivers run two full races on one weekend, GP2 drivers also have 2 races on one weekend.

And in some cases three.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Someone needs to work out during the winter then.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beezle wrote:
I'm not a fan of those doubleheaders at all.
Who (besides the diehard fans) care to watch two races on one weekend on tv? It will lower the ratings even further.

This is sarcasm right? You can't possibly be serious with this comment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Really..?

RACER wrote:
Hulman & Co. hires new CEO
November 20, 2012

Hulman & Company announced Tuesday that it has hired veteran business leader and international sports executive Mark D. Miles as its chief executive officer. Miles will take the helm of the umbrella organization for the Hulman group of companies on Dec. 17.

The appointment of Miles, who served as CEO of the ATP mens' professional tennis tour for 15 years, adds extensive experience to the company's management while also freeing up Jeff Belskus, who currently serves as CEO of several Hulman & Company lines of business, to focus his attention primarily on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corporation and IndyCar.

Miles will lead the overall business direction and management of Hulman & Company, including a key role in the refinement and implementation of the company's long-term strategic plan. Hulman & Company is comprised of Clabber Girl, Georgetown Realty, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IndyCar, IMS Productions and various other business entities.

"We are pleased to add Mark to the executive leadership at Hulman & Company," said Mari Hulman George, IMS chairman of the board. "The combination of his international sports experience and leadership of large-scale events like the 2012 Super Bowl, along with his diverse experience with public and private corporations, make him an exceptionally positive match for our business. His business acumen, his ability to cultivate and develop partnerships and the extensive network in sports and business he will provide will strengthen all of our business units. His service as a member of the Hulman & Company board of directors has prepared him to contribute to the organization from day one."

Belskus will continue as president of Hulman & Company, president and CEO of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Corporation and interim CEO of IndyCar. He has served as president and CEO of Hulman & Company since October 2011, one of his many senior management roles in Hulman & Company operations over the last 25 years.

"The racing components of our business are very important to our company, and Jeff is uniquely positioned to help lead us into 2013 and beyond as he has complete understanding of our sport and our 2013 plan and an excellent relationship with our key stakeholders," George said. "By allowing Jeff to focus on the racing businesses and significantly less on the other business units, we are clearly aligning our executive management team to move the company forward."

Said Belskus: "We see opportunities to continue the growth of IndyCar, which I view as an exciting challenge. My passion is rooted in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and IndyCar, and I have been energized by the opportunity we have in the short and long term for both organizations."

Belskus added he is looking forward to working with Miles. They have served together on the Hulman & Company board since March.

"Mark and I have known each other for many years and have worked together closely since he joined the Hulman & Company board," Belskus said. "Mark brings a wealth of experience and has a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges that face our business. I believe he will be very helpful in bringing new and successful ideas to the company."

Miles, meanwhile, expressed confidence in Belskus' management of Hulman & Company's motorsports-related businesses.

"Jeff understands racing and has relationships throughout the industry that have developed during his tenure with the company," Miles said. "Allowing him to focus on IMS and IndyCar will greatly benefit Hulman & Company. I look forward to working with Jeff as we implement a long-term strategy for Hulman & Company that positions all our business units for growth."

During Miles' tenure with ATP, the tennis organization posted impressive revenue gains, launched innovative marketing initiatives and expanded its global presence through successful events in Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. Miles also directed the Pan American Games in 1987 and this year's Super Bowl in Indianapolis.

His most recent business career includes six years leading the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership, a consortium of the leading companies in Central Indiana working with the premiere university research institutions to strategically develop economic growth in the region. During this same period, Miles has served on the board of The Pantry, one of the largest independently operated convenience store chains in the country, with more than 1,500 stores in 13 states and annual revenues exceeding $6 billion. He is also a director for City Securities, a diversified financial services corporation based in Indianapolis. Earlier in his career, Miles was executive director of corporate relations for Eli Lilly and Company.

"It is an honor to join Hulman & Company, known for its tradition of success," Miles said. "I'm excited about joining the team and contributing my lifetime learning from international professional sports, large-scale major sports events and business environments. I have worked for companies with global profiles and brands, and I'm happy to continue that on behalf of the Hulman-George family and its significant business interests."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Could have been much worse

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't read all that but wasn't the real rumour (at the time) about Randy's departure because this guy Belskus wanted his job?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I was never under the impression that Belskus wanted the CEO position

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

We went from bull riding to tennis?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This guy has Hulman stooge written all over him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Indycar needs Al Jr. to run this shitshow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe4345 wrote:
Indycar needs Al Jr. to run this shitshow.

Good one.

Upon further thought, I actually wouldn't mind that. :lol:

This new guy will do the bidding of Hulman & Company with probably very little room for creativity. Past all the bullshit, maybe that is at the heart of the matter. Randy just did his own thing (I think) or at least he was starting to and they didn't like that.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If anyone is interested, Pocono are having a Black Friday special offer on Indycar (and Nascar) tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

About the comments on 2 or more races per weekend, I'm pretty sure the races are both full length. Remember that Randy Bernard use this as a way of claiming more races in the schedule after they couldn't close deals with other racetracks.

Also, I'd think that street courses must be more phisically demanding than an oval, considering the rough surface and that the cars don't have powersteering.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quick Twitter interaction with Marshall Pruett. Says Dallara ad their mini DW12 is actually not a shoe in for the Indy Lights 2014 chassis. According to his source that is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shane wrote:
Quick Twitter interaction with Marshall Pruett. Says Dallara ad their mini DW12 is actually not a shoe in for the Indy Lights 2014 chassis. According to his source that is.

Bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Steve Moore has become team manager for KV racing, quite cool to have someone from my home town doing well over there.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sp ... acing-team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ptclaus98 wrote:
Shane wrote:

Bullshit.

Take it up with Marshall. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
@JennaFryer: Penske to Smoke "how about doing the double at Indy this year? You available?"

http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/device/ ... ?m_n=true#

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well the DW12 was designed so guys like Paul Tracy could fit in it, so Stewart might be able to squeeze himself in one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:25 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

It would be awesome to see him at Indy again.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1765 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 2789 Next