TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 pm 

Echti wrote:
That's a pretty naive belief from this guy to be honest. Of course these Tifosi know how to cheer and to celebrate and provide quite an unique atmosphere. BUT if some of the Ferrari championship "rivals" retire, crash out or something they show some massive unsporting behaviour. Remember when Mika spun of in 1999. The reaction of the crowd was unbelivable. That's nothing unusual there, it has always been this way. And it is also part of this unique atmosphere.

I personally don't mind the booing and etc, but the monkey noises are sad and disgusting. There is simply no justification for a racist attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Echti wrote:
That's a pretty naive belief from this guy to be honest. Of course these Tifosi know how to cheer and to celebrate and provide quite an unique atmosphere. BUT if some of the Ferrari championship "rivals" retire, crash out or something they show some massive unsporting behaviour. Remember when Mika spun of in 1999. The reaction of the crowd was unbelivable. That's nothing unusual there, it has always been this way. And it is also part of this unique atmosphere.

I personally don't mind the booing and etc, but the monkey noises are sad and disgusting. There is simply no justification for a racist attitude.

Of course not. But as we all know there are quite of lot of dumb people out there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:20 pm 

Echti wrote:
Of course not. But as we all know there are quite of lot of dumb people out there.

yep. What was unexpected to me is to see such behaviour from what he called a "massive majority of the crowd"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think booing anyone who has just taken a win is disappointing. If they have done something utterly horrific - I don't know, assaulted someone or being John Terry - I can understand it. Don't cheer? Fine. Muted applause? Fine. But booing is a no-no.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Remember when Michael Schumacher had it's crash in Silversone back in 1999?? There is this line from Murray Walker "people in front of us are clapping their hands and cheering".
It is as it is. It's basically the human nature.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Echti wrote:
Remember when Michael Schumacher had it's crash in Silversone back in 1999?? There is this line from Murray Walker "people in front of us are clapping their hands and cheering".
It is as it is. It's basically the human nature.

Yes I know. But I'm sure once they realised the gravity of the situation, the intelligent people stopped.

I know it happens, I'm saying I don't like it. And the racism is a step too far.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Please, let them stop to give bullshit penalties. This is destroying F1.

And now it's just waiting till Hamilton has passed Alonso in the WC. McLaren is too quick for the others. The retirement for Button is not bad for McLaren, because they can now easily use teamorders.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:09 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qvsjfKMsg[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Comparing 2011 with 2012 is silly.

Yes, comparable incidents. But there are different rules. The stewards have more videos then we do; they have a plethora of onboard cameras and data to assess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:18 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Amazing what you deduce from Rubmifer posting a simple comparison video of, as you say, comparable incidents. :p

Cool video.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StanV wrote:
Amazing what you deduce from Rubmifer posting a simple comparison video of, as you say, comparable incidents. :p

Cool video.

I'm tired and I've written too much today, so sorry. :p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:23 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

I've just done a 24 hours of Zolder, with 23 cars and bad coffee. Stamina dude, stamina! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:24 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

codename_47 wrote:
Also a few times we saw the DRS not really doing much until the drivers crossed the start/finish line and got a Kers recharge.

Which is normal as the DRS acivation line is a few meters AFTER the S/F line ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just in case, the comparison in a picture. What I don't regard as a definitive ground, but I think it's worth sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StanV wrote:
I've just done a 24 hours of Zolder, with 23 cars and bad coffee. Stamina dude, stamina! :lol:

:lol: :thumbsup: I was shattered by Silverstone day 4, it gets to you :p

If I've learnt anything last week, it's that journalists drink too much coffee.

I prefer to stick to water and hot chocolate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Last year there wasn't the "must leave one car length when defending" rule which the stewards brought it post Nico-Gate in Bahrain.

I wonder if that'd change the penalty decision for 2011 *shrug*

P.S. Has Jean Alesi become a smilee yet, Mr Bean style? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rule 36.5.4
"You have to leave a space, all the time you have to leave the space"
Must be accompanied by furious hand gesticulations

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:20 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

codename_47 wrote:
P.S. Has Jean Alesi become a smilee yet, Mr Bean style? :lol:

I'm on it !

:E// :alesi:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't think the argument that Vettel shouldn't have been penalised because other rules were not applied consistently is a valid one. I think Vettel should have been penalised, as should Di Resta - the practice of running a car alongside out wide needs to stop, it will eventually result in a massive shunt. I know there's arguments about poor visibility and predicting what another car will do, but these are the best drivers in the world, they should be able to cope with that.

Perhaps Vettel vs Alsono recieved more attention than Di Resta vs Senna because they're leading the championship and are two of the top drivers in the field, so will come under greater attention?

Rubmifer wrote:
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qvsjfKMsg[/youtubeidiot]

So Alonso left slightly more space for Vettel in 2011 than Vettel did in 2012? As others have said, the rules have changed, I think for the better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Echti wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
(...)
I was so looking forward to Monza as I thought it would be a place (like Silverstone) with educated and articulate F1 fans without the corporate feel of Bahrain etc. It was full of imbeciles and wouldnt recommend it again.

I say, just watch this forum: Vettel retires in a race and there are three pages from people all over the world going wild here.
What's the difference? The difference is that if Vettel retires in monza there are 100.000 people going wild, and obviously they make much more noise, like in a football stadium. But not a single one doing unsporty things like spitting at him or throwing him bottles, or celebrating for a driver injury, that will never happen. So to me this is just cheering at his best.

And for the racist thing, let me try to explain one thing for foreigners: you probably noticed those white flags whit a sort of a green wheel under the podium. Those are flags of a political party in italy wich is notorious for his racist behaviour and basically for their stupidity and sadly it's not even a small party. they are basically just idiots who hijack the visibility of the F1 gran prix, wich is held in the middle of the land they reclame as theirs, to show they're there. But basically they are not motorracing supporters.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40 Next