TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
 Post subject: Re: Pocono/Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When you see a storm coming, you shouldn't need to be told to take shelter, you are an adult, take responsibility for you own actions.

Why you guys think it's the tracks responsibility is beyond me, fuck me have you never heard of common sense?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
Just got back to my aunt's in Bristol, CT... noticed Woodski's location. haha

Anyway, the back of the Pocono ticket reads...

"The holder of this ticket expressly assumes all risk incident to the event, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the actual conduct of the event, and agrees that all event participants, sanctioning bodies and all employees, agents, officers and directors of Pocono Raceway, its affiliates and subsidiaries are hereby released from any all claims arising from the event."

They pretty much covered all their legal bases with that one, I think.

Bristol sucks, I'm sorry lmao.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
When you see a storm coming, you shouldn't need to be told to take shelter, you are an adult, take responsibility for you own actions.

Why you guys think it's the tracks responsibility is beyond me, fuck me have you never heard of common sense?

Agreed. I'm pretty sure the track PA should have announced the severe weather approaching, even with warnings and such in place before the storms arrived later. After that, you make the decision on what to do on your own. Its a rather unfortunate accident, and impossible to tell whether the people struck where doing the proper thing or not without knowing all the details.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Too soon?

[youtube]LuWAtdOGfGs?hd=1[/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woodski wrote:
Andre wrote:

"The holder of this ticket expressly assumes all risk incident to the event, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the actual conduct of the event, and agrees that all event participants, sanctioning bodies and all employees, agents, officers and directors of Pocono Raceway, its affiliates and subsidiaries are hereby released from any all claims arising from the event."

Screw that, America sucks. Can't wait to get home. :wave:

*waits for the shitstorm...*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

OldAsphalt wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Agreed. I'm pretty sure the track PA should have announced the severe weather approaching, even with warnings and such in place before the storms arrived later. After that, you make the decision on what to do on your own. Its a rather unfortunate accident, and impossible to tell whether the people struck where doing the proper thing or not without knowing all the details.

But... it WAS announced on the PA. I still saw a dude out in the middle of the insanity having a smoke, holding a big umbrella. Some teams of people even thought taking the awnings from food vendors, and carrying them around like umbrellas was a great idea.

There are some things you just don't do, and that's rush to your car in the middle of a storm like yesterday's.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Andre wrote:
Woodski wrote:
Andre wrote:

Screw that, America sucks. Can't wait to get home. :wave:

*waits for the shitstorm...*

At least our women's soccer team has a chance forte gold.

(Assuming that you care)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So has Bodine apologized for being a dickhead yet?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes. It's quoted on page 12 of this thread. Try not to exhaust yourself reading back that far though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What evidence is there that the speedway were negligent about the whole thing? The grandstands seemed to empty pretty quickly from what I saw on TV. Andre, who was there, says they did a reasonable job, and it's been suggested that those struck were in the parking lot rather than taking shelter. + It's still such a minute chance.

Not sure why there's such a rush to blame someone. Accidents happen, and all I can do is feel for those involved.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

To Tommy above - nahh, it's not hockey, so we're not too heartbroken about it as a nation. From what I can tell, it's the typical "OMG YOU GUYS MADE A GAME OUT OF IT! INCREDIBLE! CONGRATS!" We're funny like that.

Also, here's my view of the storm. I was pretty excited that Gordon had probably won, but please note that that was before the lightning hit. There wasn't anywhere to stand where I didn't get wet, so I finally decided that my pocket was the best place for my iPod.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Everyone who is saying that they don't understand the liability, or that's it's fans common sense to take care of themselves, or the track is not to blame, etc. either hasn't been to the States, or does not understand how our asinine justice system works. This is the country where a woman sued McDonald's (and won) for their coffee being too hot. Do you really think someone won't sue Pocono over this?

Every ticket, at every track that I've ever been to, be it the big leagues to the bush leagues, says that the track and sactioning body are not responsible for injury, death, damage, martians, and/or anything else you can think. A good lawyer though can get around all that. Happends all the time.

I don't agree with it in the least, but you have to understand that this country can be and often is, fucking retarded when things like this happen. The general American slob is so sue happy it's shameful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ptclaus98 wrote:

Well, the person who runs his Twitter account has, whoever that is...

Based on his actions on Sat Night, I have a hard time believing that it was Todd himself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
Everyone who is saying that they don't understand the liability, or that's it's fans common sense to take care of themselves, or the track is not to blame, etc. either hasn't been to the States, or does not understand how our asinine justice system works. This is the country where a woman sued McDonald's (and won) for their coffee being too hot. Do you really think someone won't sue Pocono over this?

Every ticket, at every track that I've ever been to, be it the big leagues to the bush leagues, says that the track and sactioning body are not responsible for injury, death, damage, martians, and/or anything else you can think. A good lawyer though can get around all that. Happends all the time.

I don't agree with it in the least, but you have to understand that this country can be and often is, fucking retarded when things like this happen. The general American slob is so sue happy it's shameful.

You're totally right... ever since I've been down here, television ads have been nothing but political (for obvious reasons, however), medical ("Our service is better than everyone else's service, and cheaper!") or legal ("Have you been a victim of blankety blank-blank? If so, you're entitled to a shitload of $$$!").

I like it here, but I think it's time for me to go the frig home. There's none of that, there. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Didn't the families try suing over Michigan '98?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
ptclaus98 wrote:

Well, the person who runs his Twitter account has, whoever that is...

Based on his actions on Sat Night, I have a hard time believing that it was Todd himself.

Well, he called himself an ass in that tweet, so it had to be him or his wife. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Gaara wrote:

I was just thinking about that time at Indianapolis when Guerrero's front wing flew into the crowd and killed a man. His wife sued both drivers involved, their teams, mechanics, owners, etc and the track itself. Cannot remember the outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 am 
Head Muppet

dicksplaash wrote:
Gaara wrote:

I was just thinking about that time at Indianapolis when Guerrero's front wing flew into the crowd and killed a man. His wife sued both drivers involved, their teams, mechanics, owners, etc and the track itself. Cannot remember the outcome.

I think it was settled out of court, and it wasn't Guerrero's wing, Guerrero hit a tire and the tire hit a guy standing on the back row of the grandstands between turns 3 and 4.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
OldAsphalt wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Some teams of people even thought taking the awnings from food vendors, and carrying them around like umbrellas was a great idea.

I'm sorry, what?? Only in America...Image

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next