2 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
1 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
0 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 95
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

a 2.

Because of stupid budget-cuts I was forced to watch it on Dutch tv instead of the BBC with proper commentating.
The Dutch commentator tried to save it by saying there where fights during the entire race but I never really saw them.

It was so bad, I was more interested in watching the Friendzone-marathon on MTV so I was switching between this and MTV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

4, reminds me of what shite F1 used to be

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:58 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

I was on the edge of my seat for most of the race - I was struggling to stay awake and had rolled towards the front of the sofa in error.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Poll trolling alert!

10, seriously psiv?

Who really gives a fuck it's not going to massively negatively skew the poll if one person votes for something stupid? Jesus chill the fuck out.

Maybe they were a Lewis Hamilton fan who was getting the blowjob of the century during that race, if it was me I'd give it a 10 too.

Giving this race without explanation is just not done IMHO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Not sure if Gaara is the one to chill the fuck out. :o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:17 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

The point of the voting threads is to gauge races and drivers against each other. When people think they are funny by coming in and deliberately troll voting just because they think it's anonymous, that's just being a dick for the sake of being a dick.

It isn't hard to ask people to either vote sensibly, or not vote at all. If you can't follow that very very simple rule, then perhaps this forum isn't where you should be hanging out. And if you think this is a militaristic organisation, you can go hang out on Ten Tenths, where your previous posts would have you banned instantly, and where linking to other forums gets you warnings.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've posted the same way at TT as I do here since February 2006, and I've yet to be banned from there.

You can be a prat there, as long as it's in jest. If you're being a genuine fuckwit(and trust me, that takes a LOT over there) it'll bite you in the ass.

Then again, "the.cosmic.pope," you've only got 530 posts over there in nearly the same time frame as myself, so I wouldn't expect you to know the nuances over there like I would.

In all honesty, pretty much no banned members here would be banned over there. They'd get a talking to after a bit, and maybe a small vacation, but never a perma-ban.

Last edited by Woodski on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:39 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Woodski wrote:
I've posted the same way at TT as I do here since February 2006, and I've yet to be banned from there.

You can be a prat there, as long as it's in jest. If you're being a genuine fuckwit(and trust me, that takes a LOT over there) it'll bite you in the ass.

Then again, "the.cosmic.pope," you've only got 530 posts over there in nearly the same time frame as myself, so I wouldn't expect you to know the nuances over there like I would.

I got an official warning for posting a link to a thread on a forum which Christiano Da Matta frequented (it was a software dev forum, he worked with us) after his injury a few years back. The thread was people posting well wishes for CDM. The post was removed and I was given a warning and was told I was to go and ask da Matta to post on TT, rather than direct TT users to that thread. That isn't nuances, that is just stupidity. I don't have as many posts as you since I went about 5 years without posting after that complete bullshit.

So, yeah. If you want somewhere with harsh moderation, go post at TT. A lot of people are allowed a LOT more room to be a prat here than on other forums. Asking people not to piss about with the polls is not a big request.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Giving this race without explanation is just not done IMHO

I agree with this. When someone makes a rogue vote, we are more than interested to hear his arguments.

It's a matter of respect for the other members and showing that the vote is not just trolling but can be backed, even if it's just by a personal feeling.

Of course, this is a free country (forum?) and you can troll the fuck out of any vote/election without having to justify yourself, but if it's just the sake of trolling and without any sensible reason don't take offence for being called out on it. That just sounds bratty.

Scotty wrote:
Maybe they were a Lewis Hamilton fan who was getting the blowjob of the century during that race, if it was me I'd give it a 10 too.

By this logic, I watched the Valencia race on a laggy 630x430 stream, I should have given it a 0.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In my opinion, giving this race a zero is just as much trolling as giving this race a 10, so why not single out everyone who have rated it zero without giving a reason?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ironic votes get funnier every time. I literally pissed my pants when I saw someone had voted 10. Can you imagine?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BrainPain wrote:
In my opinion, giving this race a zero is just as much trolling as giving this race a 10, so why not single out everyone who have rated it zero without giving a reason?

Yet, considering the overall opinion of this race, if someone goes like "OMG CRAP 0 !!!!1111oneoneone" most here would be like "well it was boring but not that bad.". While if someone goes like "OMG ACE 10 !!!11111oneoneone" most here would be like "uhm? what?? Are you sure you watched the same race as us?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

People should think about their votes for a while instead of jumping in here and giving an irrational 0 in anger.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am 

I gave this race a 4.

It was just so dull. You knew when similarly matched drivers got near to each other that nothing would happen and that turned out to be the case.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Agree with Scotty. Srs polls are super srs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The point of the polls (any poll) is to try and gauge the general concensus about a particular race, right?

So if someone votes contrary to the average does that not make you question why?

Scott, you would vote a race a 10 as as result of receiving a blow job during it, and then you'd tell everyone here why, and we'd all think "fair enough, well done!".. But at least we know why it got such a high rating!

The fact is all we are trying to get people to voice/air their opinions, Christ, a lot of members here have opinions on most other subjects but won't say why they voted something different to the norm..

So, if you think a race is a 10 when the rest of the forum votes 4, please let us know, I'd be interested in hearing someone else's version!

Also, on the subject of other forums..
This ain't other forums, this place was specifically created to perpetuate a virtual meeting place for members of a now defunct forum... Yes we have gained some new members along the way (and for one reason or another we have lost some too!) but for the most part you guys have known each other for the best part of 10 years or so,and I do feel that this place is far less anonymous than places like Ten Tenths ,so to that end I'd say it should be more out of respect for ones fellow members that we should at least have some sensible voting, or at least why we think a race should be voted contrary to the norm!

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here