TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 3236 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

NVirkkula wrote:
osella 1986 wrote:
No ice cream for Kimi today. :(

He's gonna take a vodka instead. He really hates to be the first loser.

Don't blame the guy, vodka is always good. If he won he would have both.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gabriel wrote:
Massa helping Alonso on his championship hunt by finishing 9th, 4 places behind him.

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Another way is pointing out that he only finished 12 seconds down. Pace was pretty much comparable for large chunks of the race.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Struggle to comprehend why people are writing Lewis out of the title race. He's five points behind Seb, who is still firmly in it...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the weather predictions yesterday Phil, glad you helped make sure this race was a dry one.

Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I'd like to know 2 things

- what happened at the start (abortion) ?
- was the loss of KERS for Kimi driver related or a (temporary) mechanical failure ?

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
Thanks for the weather predictions yesterday Phil, glad you helped make sure this race was a dry one.

You're welcome.

5 weeks till Spa :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
Struggle to comprehend why people are writing Lewis out of the title race. He's five points behind Seb, who is still firmly in it...

And only 7 points behind Webber.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:14 pm 

StefMeister wrote:
Racing would be better at tracks like this if they actually did something about the aero rather than trying to rely just on DRS & Pirelli.

Annoyingly as long as they are trying to rely on DRS & Pirelli they don't seem to want to actually do anything to the cars.

fully agree!

Today it was exposed how DRS and Pirellis are masking that the aero problem greatly persists. Drivers still can't overtake on their own with these cars. They inevitably need some "artificial" help in order to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can't even be arsed to watch post race, it was that bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:18 pm 

Artur Craft wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
Racing would be better at tracks like this if they actually did something about the aero rather than trying to rely just on DRS & Pirelli.

Annoyingly as long as they are trying to rely on DRS & Pirelli they don't seem to want to actually do anything to the cars.

fully agree!

Today it was exposed how DRS and Pirellis are masking that the aero problem greatly persists. Drivers still can't overtake on their own with these cars. They inevitably need some "artificial" help in order to do so.

would have been even worse on the track they used before 2003. At least there was one real pass out there (which was unrightly penalised) thanks to the newer track configuration.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:19 pm 

phil1993 wrote:

If Lewis is in the fight for it, then I think it's fair to say, so is Kimi.

Personally, I think both are out of it because there hasn't been a domination this year, so far. Unless Mclaren or Lotus start dominating the field in the various following tracks, I don't think they have any chance. Some tracks/conditions will likely suit Ferrari better and the gap will grow again....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I fail to see how this race was as bad as some are saying. There was good racing, but not much overtaking. Compared to other races this year isn't wasn't the best but it still enthralling.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Artur Craft wrote:
StefMeister wrote:

fully agree!

And that's why I don't get the hate fore DRS, it is great and this race showed why. Although I liked a real tactical race for a change, the DRS zone was too short and had no effect. The different strategies made it exciting, expecially Raikkonen and how he jumped to P2 due to his fantastic tyre saving.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

If Lewis is in the fight for it, then I think it's fair to say, so is Kimi.

Personally, I think both are out of it because there hasn't been a domination this year, so far. Unless Mclaren or Lotus start dominating the field in the various following tracks, I don't think they have any chance. Some tracks/conditions will likely suit Ferrari better and the gap will grow again....

There's 225 points up for grabs, Alonso has a 40 point buffer in an inferior car. It is far from over. Spa to an extent is Fernando's bogey circuit as well.

Anyway, #PlasticBertrandforSpaPodiumInterviews is the trend currently.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 pm 

out of the 9 remaining races, at least 6 of them can be described as hot. Don't count Kimi out of this championship. Quite amazing in his first year of comeback.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
And that's why I don't get the hate fore DRS
I don't necisarily hate DRS, I just don't like the way there opting to use it.

My biggest problem with it is that I really don't like the gimmickey, artificial & stupidly easy passes it all too often produces. There are situations where its worked OK, But there are so many where I feel its hurt the racing & destroyed a good racing fight by making things far too easy.

I think the biggest problem however is that because its seen by people in F1 as a success its taking away the drive to make real changes to the cars/tracks to produce better, more competitive racing without needing artificial aids. Changes that were going to be made to actually improve things (Less aero, ground effects, track changes at Abu-Dhabi Etc.....) are now not going to happen because DRS is 'working'.

DRS didn't do much today & the tyres held up pretty well & that to me shows that simply relying on artificial things isn't the way forward & should not be the long term plan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:31 pm 

Tobias wrote:
out of the 9 remaining races, at least 6 of them can be described as hot. Don't count Kimi out of this championship. Quite amazing in his first year of comeback.

Spa and Monza will probably suck ass again though...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Massa helping Alonso on his championship hunt by finishing 9th, 4 places behind him.

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Another way is pointing out that he only finished 12 seconds down. Pace was pretty much comparable for large chunks of the race.

I can't stand David Croft, and his criticisms of Massa this race really annoyed me. Average start jumped by Senna, but first stint aside, which was a mere 15 laps, he was as quick as Alonso all race and quicker in the middle? stint I believe also. The Ferrari wasn't competitive today, what do people expect him to do? Alonso's 5th was a much down to Mclaren and RBR strategy fuckups as anything else.

phil1993 wrote:
There's 225 points up for grabs, Alonso has a 40 point buffer in an inferior car. It is far from over. Spa to an extent is Fernando's bogey circuit as well.

Anyway, #PlasticBertrandforSpaPodiumInterviews is the trend currently.

Just never had a car good enough/bad luck. One of the few circuits he hasn't actually won on.

2004: Mechanical Failure while 1st.
2005: 2nd. LOL Montoya.
2007: Ferrari's were unbeatable.
2008: Average Renault.
2009: Shitty Renault.
2010: Barrichello clobbered him on Lap 1 as a gift when he was the only driver to not overshoot chicane when rain fell. Poor balance lead to mistake near end.
2011: Awesome driving and overtakes till ill-timed safety car ruined any chance of victory and handed it to RBR on a plate.

I think Ferrari will be more competitive in Spa, Hungary didn't suit them, plus they have a big update coming. Still if I was to bet I'd go for Kimi. His record around there is awesome.

EDIT// Lotus' pitstops compared to the top teams are just incredibly poor. They constantly lose 0.5-1.0 seconds in the stops. Just too much time to be giving away all the time. If they don't manage to win a race this year it's probably the best car to fail to win a race since the 2006 Mclaren? Or maybe further back. 2004 BAR?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm 

cookie wrote:
And that's why I don't get the hate fore DRS, it is great and this race showed why. Although I liked a real tactical race for a change, the DRS zone was too short and had no effect. The different strategies made it exciting, expecially Raikkonen and how he jumped to P2 due to his fantastic tyre saving.

Yeah, DRS and Pirellis do some damage limitation here, but, as Stef, I would like them to try to finally solve the problem with the cars. I mean, will we forever depend on DRS and "gimmick" tires? Will this be the future of racing or F1?

I don't mind DRS and Pirellis as short time solution but I would like them to don't stop trying to solve the aero problems, maybe, even if necessary, by introducing some spec parts on the bodywork or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The problem is they put DRS at the best overtaking point on each track, which renders the system fairly useless at times. I prefer FR3.5's method of getting x time and you can use it when you want.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 3236 Next