TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1115 Next

Caution Free Cup Race?
Poll ended at Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 am
Yes 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
NASCAR will throw a debris caution to ensure it doesn't happen 70%  70%  [ 23 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

zippy wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that my hatred for JGR is fueled by this bullshit domination of a lower tier series with his talentless cup drivers.

Hah, that's just Joey.

It's no fun watching Hamlin and Busch beat up on the underlings but at least they're good at their main gigs too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the only good thing about this race was seeing Jeremy Clements hget his first carrer top 10

enjoy your bullshit win today Logano cause you probably wont even be in the top 10 tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kurt explosion imminent?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

He's gonna shoot someone by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that fucking cowboy hat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont know why we are acting like these cup guys winning is still a surprise, i just did a rough look at racing reference, and from what i see since 2009 there have been only SIX Nationwide REGULARS to win 1 or more races....how fucking pathetic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm 

It wasn't a complete surprise, but with Truex so close to winning as a feel good story it just made it that much more shitty.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hank Hill wrote:
The only reason I continue to watch NASCAR is because I love motorsport and watch all races I can...Other than that I can't name a single interesting thing about NASCAR this year since the 500.

And besides Montoya plowing into the Jet dryer there was noting great about that race either. NA$CAR is on possibly its worst downfall in the modern era, no exciting racing in any of the 3 series, There is no hope for any new drivers in Cup other than the sponser driven Danicant in the forseeable future. (Maybe The Dillion's) And the Nationwide and Truck series are about to implode from underfuding and lack of competitive cars/trucks. Unless there is a drastic change made by NASCAR I dont see the fan base lasting much longer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

God damnit I wanted Ryan to get this win so badly and to loose it by no fault of his own really sucks. Oh well, nobody can say he didnt show his potential here and I REALLY hope this gets him more seat time and opportunities. Great showing overall so still something to be proud of.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:44 am 

On SPEED Center, someone asked Kurt Busch a question and he bitched at him saying it wasn't a racing question and that (Busch said it was Bob) was trying to start stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am 

As a journalist myself, I was offended by that, especially considering that question that Pockrass asked was a legitimate one. Kurt needs to grow up, or his days in the sport will be numbered, no matter how bad Gibbs has it for borderline personalities.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh sheeeet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJV64B_Q ... detailpage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:13 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

Oh god...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

not surprising at all

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

<shrugs>

I think the media brings out so much stuff these days that everything becomes blown out of proportion (by people like many of you). Lots of intriguing/questionable/inappropriate shit has been going on for ages, only now we all get to see pretty much every last bit of it because of the pervasive coverage our modern technology and culture affords us. Some of you might argue it all amounts to more exposure of the truth, and that may be the case. But in my opinion, you are all letting it get to you.

Don't forget that all of us (ideally) originally grew to follow and care about motorsports because of what happens on the track. A certain amount of the off-track activity is relevant as well, but people are definitely getting way too wound up about everything now. By all means discuss the way Kurt Busch races and treats his competitors. By all means discuss the incidents on pit road (Darlington this year or Dover in 2007 with Stewart's crew). But this little comment in the video, however telling it may or may not be concerning his character, really is irrelevant in my opinion. If he's tired of hearing the same questions about the same stuff all the time and all he does about it is fire off a couple mild barbs for a few seconds, I could hardly give a shit. If it bothers you, whatever. Let yourselves be drawn into the mire of indignation and anger. You've officially run out of problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Underdogfan wrote:

:? ..... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:54 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

If Kurt is fine shouting, swearing and verbally abusing people at a race track, then you can expect people to question him about it. If the question wasn't relevant, then his actions which he continually repeats and shows no remorse over are also not appropriate at the circuit.

What happens outside of his work place is fine. But this is all occurring in his work place, and the question asked was about his conduct in said work place. If he doesn't want to be asked why he's a prick, then he shouldn't act like a prick.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
<shrugs>

I think the media brings out so much stuff these days that everything becomes blown out of proportion (by people like many of you). Lots of intriguing/questionable/inappropriate shit has been going on for ages, only now we all get to see pretty much every last bit of it because of the pervasive coverage our modern technology and culture affords us. Some of you might argue it all amounts to more exposure of the truth, and that may be the case. But in my opinion, you are all letting it get to you.

Don't forget that all of us (ideally) originally grew to follow and care about motorsports because of what happens on the track. A certain amount of the off-track activity is relevant as well, but people are definitely getting way too wound up about everything now. By all means discuss the way Kurt Busch races and treats his competitors. By all means discuss the incidents on pit road (Darlington this year or Dover in 2007 with Stewart's crew). But this little comment in the video, however telling it may or may not be concerning his character, really is irrelevant in my opinion. If he's tired of hearing the same questions about the same stuff all the time and all he does about it is fire off a couple mild barbs for a few seconds, I could hardly give a shit. If it bothers you, whatever. Let yourselves be drawn into the mire of indignation and anger. You've officially run out of problems.

Spot on. I also laugh at the YouTube descriptions pointing out that Kurt is going "crazy" or "raging"... Really? Yeah his comment may have been a bit out of line but in no way was he going crazy. Just funny over reactions.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had this long rant prepared, but fuck it.

The guy is living a dream, and he still acts like a douchebag. Don't care how competitive you are, if you act like an ass (constantly, at that), you're not worth the dirt on my shoes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Just realised it's the last FOX race tonight....

As bad as NASCAR has been recently, it'll only look worse with ABC/ESPN missing every damn spin...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1115 Next