TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous 194 95 96 97 98101 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ian-S wrote:
Starlancer wrote:
One thing I noticed from this race, especially after the first few full speed spins was that the speed and the racing was breathtaking, and not necessarily frightening like it had been before.

I think it's cos they're 10-15mph slower than the old car in the draft, I might be wrong though, they looked quit slow on restarts too.

Those old cars lifted so easily though. It was nice to see them spin without coming off the ground.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 pm 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

Chris D wrote:
Just heard on 1070 that oldtime IMS Radio Network annnouncer Ron Carroll died today.

Sad news :( Farewell :(

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Starlancer wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
Starlancer wrote:
One thing I noticed from this race, especially after the first few full speed spins was that the speed and the racing was breathtaking, and not necessarily frightening like it had been before.

I think it's cos they're 10-15mph slower than the old car in the draft, I might be wrong though, they looked quit slow on restarts too.

Those old cars lifted so easily though. It was nice to see them spin without coming off the ground.

Yup Dallara certainly did a good job in minimising velocity flight.

The walls are closer here though than somewhere like Fontana, so that place will be the true test.

...on the subject of putting Wheldon behind them... that should have been done at St Pete, but instead the organisers and TV networks have milked it for all they can, eventually they're going to drive people away because they'll get sick of hearing his name each week. I don't mean to sound heartless but they guy is dead, he got in the car knowing the risks, leave him be and stop milking his memory. Hundreds of other people die in racing cars but you don't see them being mentioned every broadcast.

Last edited by Ian-S on Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dario should thank the new Dallara. Without those sidepods he would have ended into the wall (if not into the fence) along with Sato. That would have been a Ganassi win in any case. At least Dario drove a great race, coming all the way from 30th.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Ian-S wrote:
Starlancer wrote:

Is is a good time to say I just think Dario was defending hard and didn't do anything wrong?

I know he's as two faced as a coin and would cry blue murder if the roles were reversed, but it was the last lap of the race and nobody remembers who comes second at Indy (unless you only have 3 wheels) so what's he supposed to do? just pull over and say "after you"?

Had the roles been reversed, everyone would be saying how daring defense Takuma made on Dario and Dario really got what was coming for him.

What I think is just like you also said : On the last lap at Indy, no one gives you anything for free.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

NVirkkula wrote:
On the last lap at Indy, no one gives you anything for free.

JR Hildebrand did.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:11 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Ian-S wrote:
...on the subject of putting Wheldon behind them... that should have been done at St Pete, but instead the organisers and TV networks have milked it for all they can, eventually they're going to drive people away because they'll get sick of hearing his name each week.

No. For me it was always the Indy when to give the peace for Wheldon. Now he's not the reign champion of anything anymore, a new page has been turned on that matter. He's now a part of history of the Indianapolis 500 and IndyCars.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:11 pm 

Location: Columbus, OH [Member since Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:51 am ]
Echti wrote:
I thought it was an amazing Indy500. One of the best I have ever seen.

I agree, this was pretty amazing! A Shame how it finished, but at least it was after the white flag, so we know we didn't loose out on a restart.

Sato should have waited a bit longer, he was clearly in the catbird seat. Very enjoyable race overall :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:12 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

dicksplaash wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
On the last lap at Indy, no one gives you anything for free.

JR Hildebrand did.

Like he would have wanted it...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

NVirkkula wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
...on the subject of putting Wheldon behind them... that should have been done at St Pete, but instead the organisers and TV networks have milked it for all they can, eventually they're going to drive people away because they'll get sick of hearing his name each week.

No. For me it was always the Indy when to give the peace for Wheldon. Now he's not the reign champion of anything anymore, a new page has been turned on that matter. He's now a part of history of the Indianapolis 500 and IndyCars.

Indeed

They won't though, the way the Media see it, Wheldon is just a "story" to them, and they think it's the biggest story in Indycar right now so they'll keep on milking it until at least the end of the season :(

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FRANCHITTI YOU LOW NASTY DIRTY DRIVER. YOU'RE A CHAMP ALREADY, DIDN'T NEED TO DO THAT!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Soul Reaver wrote:
FRANCHITTI YOU LOW NASTY DIRTY DRIVER. YOU'RE A CHAMP ALREADY, DIDN'T NEED TO DO THAT!!!!

Seriously, Sato lost it. Get over it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:22 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Ya know if Sato could take the Richard Towler line through turn 1, this thread would have ended about page 72

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 pm 
Not been fired yet!
Not been fired yet!

Tristar 7AT wrote:
Ya know if Sato could take the Richard Towler line through turn 1, this thread would have ended about page 72

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Indeed

They won't though, the way the Media see it, Wheldon is just a "story" to them, and they think it's the biggest story in Indycar right now so they'll keep on milking it until at least the end of the season :(

Exactly, times have changed, I don't remember Ayrton Senna getting this level of "story" after he died, they gave him a minutes silence in Monaco then it was back to business. The Brazilians made a song and dance about it as you'd expect them to, but the rest of the sport didn't.

They should have just left it with the glasses on lap 98, and made sure the TV did a silent lap and showed a few fans wearing them, instead they talked over the lap and the people they showed in the grandstand weren't even wearing the paper glasses.

ROFLMAO @
Tristar 7AT

Last edited by Ian-S on Sun May 27, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:26 pm 

Besides, the finish screamed 1989. Al Unser, Jr. and Emmerson Fittipaldi were at the same exact situation.

The only difference is that that wreck occurred at turn 3 and this one at turn 1.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:30 pm 
Permabanned

SALE!
http://shop.indycar.com/IndyCar/Lotus-Racing
:flag: :lol: :wave:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:59 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

HSHman wrote:

If you go to Oriol Servia driver stuff, they have some on sale. Very limited sizes though.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As much as I'm pissed because of the finish, every year this race gives me a proof of why it's the greatest race in the world. Every. Fucking. Year.

Fuck everyone who thinks otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 pm 

Gabriel wrote:
As much as I'm pissed because of the finish, every year this race gives me a proof of why it's the greatest race in the world. Every. Fucking. Year.

Fuck everyone who thinks otherwise.

Every fucking year.

Altough, I have to admit, I didn't enjoy it as much as I have done in previous years. I was quite honestly scared for the most part.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous 194 95 96 97 98101 Next