TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous 192 93 94 95 96101 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Ayrton S. wrote:
ellis wrote:
Starlancer wrote:
Really, the worst possible person won this race. It fucking sucks.

Right, you've had your moan, we all know Dario is worse than Hitler, now it's time to calm down.

+1.

I just don't get the point why everybody seems to hate Franchitti. It looks like Franchitti is now "as gay as Jeff Gordon", as he had won too much. What the fuck, guys?

Sato tried, Franchitti didn't block but didn't give position too, both did what they had to do. If Sato tried earlier, it would have been OK, maybe. If DArio moved, maybe he would have gone out of the racing line, running over marbles and crashed too. 50/50, because they are simply racing drivers.

I'll quote myself from the previous page.

ellis wrote:
pending wrote:
I'm not exactly a Dario fan, but why all the hate towards him? Sato went for it, got it wrong, Dario won. Get over it...

Because he wins a lot, and is a bit of a moaner. The same people who hate Dario for moaning will give Will Power virtual blow jobs, just for being Darios rival. Meanwhile Power moans every week, throws hissy fits that make Montoya look calm, flips off officials, and attacks fans on a personal level, and people love him. You want to know why people hate Dario? He's fucking good at what he does, and when it comes to the end of the races and championships, he's the only one not bottling it and the only one who gets the job done. There are multiple drivers who are worse than Dario in the traits that everyone hates, but its ignored, because they aren't winning.

If Will Power was winning, he'd be the most hated driver on this forum for his antics. Instead, people here want to have his babies.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

God damn it, i'm sad that Takuma couldn't pull it off. Fuck, fuck, fuck! :(

Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

No, no, no, Dario pinched him off. I don't know if his spotter told him "CAR INSIDE! CAR INSIDE!" or not, none of us do. It's what every one of us would have done, and what Taku did was what every one of us would have done too. If we have that extra strip of pavement, Taku goes a little low, his car keeps control, and we have a photo finish.

It is what it is, and we don't know what was going through either Dario's or Taku's minds.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:
Starlancer wrote:
To be clear, I'm not resentful because he won, and I'm not resentful because he wins a lot. I'm upset because he won in such a cowardly fashion.

Defending the lead of the Indy 500 in the final lap is now cowardly. :thumbsup: Every other driver on the grid would have made that move, and some would have made it worse. Drivers were making more "cowardly" moves than that when defending was banned, and not it isn't.

I realize that you're Scottish, and that you have to support the Scottish driver, but it looked to me like he pinched him down to an excessive degree. In my mind, he wrecked him, and I find that cowardly. I've calmed down now, so I'm not ranting and raving, and I'm trying to present this in a decent manner.

I'm not happy with how he won, and I'm also not happy with the Hitler comment, but there's nothing I can do about it.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:45 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Joe A wrote:
No, no, no, Dario pinched him off. I don't know if his spotter told him "CAR INSIDE! CAR INSIDE!" or not, none of us do. It's what every one of us would have done, and what Taku did was what every one of us would have done too. If we have that extra strip of pavement, Taku goes a little low, his car keeps control, and we have a photo finish.

It is what it is, and we don't know what was going through either Dario's or Taku's minds.

All we know is that Sato took Senna's famous quote to heart.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Reasons I don't like Dario? He's not a racer. He complains like hell when someone puts a strong racing move on him but then doesn't think twice about putting a marginal one on someone else. See Toronto last year.

He's a talented driver and in terms of talent deserves his victories. I just don't like the way he goes about it sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the most important thing is that we had a mega race in the new DW12 and everyone made it safely. A really positive advertisement for IndyCar racing after the awful circumstances of last October.

Last edited by phil1993 on Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Starlancer wrote:
ellis wrote:
Starlancer wrote:
To be clear, I'm not resentful because he won, and I'm not resentful because he wins a lot. I'm upset because he won in such a cowardly fashion.

Defending the lead of the Indy 500 in the final lap is now cowardly. :thumbsup: Every other driver on the grid would have made that move, and some would have made it worse. Drivers were making more "cowardly" moves than that when defending was banned, and not it isn't.

I realize that you're Scottish, and that you have to support the Scottish driver, but it looked to me like he pinched him down to an excessive degree. In my mind, he wrecked him, and I find that cowardly. I've calmed down now, so I'm not ranting and raving, and I'm trying to present this in a decent manner.

I'm not happy with how he won, and I'm also not happy with the Hitler comment, but there's nothing I can do about it.

I would have prefered Sato to win over Dario, and Hinch, and TK, and Rubens, and a few others. The only difference is I'm not looking for excuses to blame Dario like half this forum is. In your mind he wrecked him and I respect that, but in reality there was a cars width and contact wasn't made.

I apologise (directly to you) for the Hitler comment. I didn't mean it quite as harsh as it came across. If you want to report it then I'll stay out of that report and let the other mods decide what to do there.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 pm 

ellis wrote:
If you want to report it then I'll stay out of that report and let the other mods decide what to do there.

I'm not touching it. You apologized. Matter's closed.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Because he wins a lot, and is a bit of a moaner. The same people who hate Dario for moaning will give Will Power virtual blow jobs, just for being Darios rival. Meanwhile Power moans every week, throws hissy fits that make Montoya look calm, flips off officials, and attacks fans on a personal level, and people love him. You want to know why people hate Dario? He's fucking good at what he does, and when it comes to the end of the races and championships, he's the only one not bottling it and the only one who gets the job done. There are multiple drivers who are worse than Dario in the traits that everyone hates, but its ignored, because they aren't winning.

If Will Power was winning, he'd be the most hated driver on this forum for his antics. Instead, people here want to have his babies.

It was more of a rhetorical question, but you're right. I like Power, and I also like Dario, so I'm ok with the fact that he won. I would have loved to see Sato or especially TK win it. But people need to start enjoying a good race when they have it and just deal with the winner. There are a lot more undeserving and moaning winner out there there than Dario or Power. At least Dario is a good driver who deserves everything he's accomplished. IMO.

Last edited by pending on Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

dario didnt deserve this pushing sato almost of track is not winning thats cheating ,,ooh and fuck you jud she is anoying as shit

2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

phil1993 wrote:
I think the most important thing is that we had a mega race in the new DW12 and everyone made it safely. A really positive advertisement for IndyCar racing after the awful circumstances of last October.

Yes, now that the series has completed a full oval race safely, we can properly move on from Vegas now. Gotta admit, I was a bit shakey the whole race. Glad it's over with.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:
I would have prefered Sato to win over Dario, and Hinch, and TK, and Rubens, and a few others. The only difference is I'm not looking for excuses to blame Dario like half this forum is. In your mind he wrecked him and I respect that, but in reality there was a cars width and contact wasn't made.

I apologise (directly to you) for the Hitler comment. I didn't mean it quite as harsh as it came across. If you want to report it then I'll stay out of that report and let the other mods decide what to do there.

It's alright, an honest apology works perfectly fine. We'll just agree to disagree and call it good.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:

I'll quote myself from the previous page.

ellis wrote:
pending wrote:
I'm not exactly a Dario fan, but why all the hate towards him? Sato went for it, got it wrong, Dario won. Get over it...

Nice try ellis, but I'll go ahead and chime in with a valid answer.

I can't speak for anyone else's opinion of Dario, so I'll speak for my own (that's how this stuff works, I promise).

For a long time (back in his CART days) I really liked Dario. Seemed like a good guy and a hard racer who came out of nowhere (at least from my perspective as an American with no knowledge of anything he'd done in Europe before). But down the road (all his wins and titles aside) I just got tired of his incessant moaning (which you did mention and I agree). And he does have the odd cheap move in him as well, and to avoid arguing over today's move, him sending Newgarden into the wall in T1 at Long Beach is another example. And of course there was Toronto last year as well. And concerning the Will Power stuff, I can basically tell the same story again. He came in, grabbed my interest, started winning, starting whining, got annoying. I don't like him either.

Other people may have different opinions, and I may disagree with them. But I won't attempt to speak for them. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 pm 

I thought i heard boo's in the end.

Last edited by Halo on Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

dicksplaash wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Yes, now that the series has completed a full oval race safely, we can properly move on from Vegas now. Gotta admit, I was a bit shakey the whole race. Glad it's over with.

The media won't let us for a good while though, with the constant references to Dan and his legacy today it felt like they were milking a tragic story to try and get some emotion out of the drivers, I thought they were pushing it a bit too far today tbh.

The first questions to Dario about his win were about Dan and I'm not sure that's right, especially after that finish, but they just wanted to ramp up the emotions because they think that makes for better TV

They need to quit it and honour Dan in a more respectful way.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One thing I noticed from this race, especially after the first few full speed spins was that the speed and the racing was breathtaking, and not necessarily frightening like it had been before.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:56 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Halo wrote:
I though i heard boo's in the end.

Though I do wonder if the boos would've been louder if a Japanese driver had managed to win America's greatest race.

Maybe Sato's gutsy driving in Indycar over the years has won most people over, but there'd still be a few old fashioned guys out there who wouldn't take to that too well...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:56 pm 

All 3 of Dario's wins have come under yellow. Must be some sort of record.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:57 pm 

Halo wrote:
I though i heard boo's in the end.

Chris D texted me at the finish and told me that Dario indeed got booed by the crowd.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2009 posts ]  Go to page Previous 192 93 94 95 96101 Next