TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 54 Next
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Echti wrote:
Fergie wrote:
How was this not penalised?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqx67b ... -s-weekend

Horrible stewarding.

Schumacher obviously was pissed off. Since we haven't seen the blocking from Lewis before this particular incident it is difficult to say from our point of view why he was so furious. I think the reprimand was fair since it only happened in practice. Stewards obviously didn't want to make a bigger deal out of if.

That doesn't make it ok.

Remember Montoya getting a bit of the old red mist at Jaques at Monaco in 2005?
That was practice too, and resulted in JPM getting penalised.

Micheal cannot take his anger out on track, if he wants to storm back to the pits and try and punch the guy, fine, that'd be hilarious, but doing that sort of thing on the track is stupid at best and dangerous at worst.

C'mon, this is Michael freaking Schumacher, he should know this by now, not keep acting like the most immature brat on the grid.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
(...)

This behaviour of Montoya led to a 3 car pile-up. That's quite a different issue compared to what happened there at Barcelona.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone not paying attention due to fiddling with switches or something could still have run into him. They did the exact same thing, just with very different outcomes.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Echti wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
(...)

This behaviour of Montoya led to a 3 car pile-up. That's quite a different issue compared to what happened there at Barcelona.

Still the same principle, you sort your differences and disagreements out with your words, not your car.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:
Anyone not paying attention due to fiddling with switches or something could still have run into him. They did the exact same thing, just with very different outcomes.

There wasn't a crash!! You shouldn't make this situation bigger as it was. Lewis didn't even lift!! Michael got a reprimand, which was absolutely enough here.
Nico drove Lewis off the circuit at Bahrain with Lewis nearly crashing into the barriers. And no penalty or whatsoever was given. There was no crash, no one was hurt etc. etc.
This forum often tends to discuss possible outcomes more than the actual outcome. Of course Lewis could have hit him, maybe this could have been severe, maybe Lewis could have been hurt, maybe this could have been the end of his career or even the end of the world. But it is bullshit cause nothing happened!!
I have seen even much more worse actions from drivers that were basically ignored by the stewards. Anyone remembers Sutil pushing Alsguersuari on the grass at highspeed at Monza last year?? Yeah, nothing was done back then.
But of course it is Michael Schumacher, he is the living evil in the sport.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'll just put this here.

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J650I-fdwbA&feature=related[/youtubeidiot]

No damage or something, but still a 2 second penalty.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It doesn't matter if no-one was injured, it was the intent. Like when Michael almost put Rubens in the wall; he didn't, but it was the intent

For someone like Michael to do something so unbelievably stupid like that was just, wow. So what, you got your hot lap in FP3 ruined? Deal with it. I think it's just the fact he cannot deal with the fact he isn't the best any more - ditto his fans to an extent - and he's blaming everyone but himself.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Echti wrote:
Gaara wrote:

There wasn't a crash!! You shouldn't make this situation bigger as it was. Lewis didn't even lift!! Michael got a reprimand, which was absolutely enough here.
Nico drove Lewis off the circuit at Bahrain with Lewis nearly crashing into the barriers. And no penalty or whatsoever was given. There was no crash, no one was hurt etc. etc.
This forum often tends to discuss possible outcomes more than the actual outcome. Of course Lewis could have hit him, maybe this could have been severe, maybe Lewis could have been hurt, maybe this could have been the end of his career or even the end of the world. But it is bullshit cause nothing happened!!
I have seen even much more worse actions from drivers that were basically ignored by the stewards. Anyone remembers Sutil pushing Alsguersuari on the grass at highspeed at Monza last year?? Yeah, nothing was done back then.

Of course there was no contact here with Michael, but I don't think thats the point. At the end of the day he's delibrately done a pretty dodgy move out of a fit of petulance. I just think that not penalising him sends out the wrong signals about what is acceptable. And soon enough someone else will do something similar at Monaco and someone might get hurt.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Echti wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Most of those occurred during races and running someone out of road, whilst dangerous in its own right (and I think Rosberg's moves in Bahrain were technically legal but borderline as to whether he should have gone that far) is a bit different to spitting the dummy during a practice session and parking on the racing line in front of a competitor ...

Also, I don't think a penalty should be applied just for the result of an action, but for the action itself, which was just needlessly dangerous ... racing wheel to wheel is dangerous, and things happen, this was something that had no need to happen at all ...

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Echti wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
(...)

Still the same principle, you sort your differences and disagreements out with your words, not your car.

I don't remember this, but I do remember Montoya getting red mist at Ralf at Monaco in 2005 causing Coulthard and Jacques to get caught up in it ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:52 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
I don't remember this, but I do remember Montoya getting red mist at Ralf at Monaco in 2005 causing Coulthard and Jacques to get caught up in it ;)

LOL Woops, yeah, Ralf, how that guy didn't cause more people to try to put him in the harbour is a mystery, but still as I say, you never should take your anger out one someone when you're behind the wheel, can lead to a huge pile up with innocent victims.

The way it is going, Schuey is gradually learning this isn't the Formula 1 he wants to be in.
Teammate winning races instead of being his loyal stooge, tyres having to be managed instead of short sprints between pit stops,
Spotlight on a lot of other drivers instead of being completely on him....

I predict this will be his last year in F1, which will make him even more desperate to salvage some kind of decent result.

Watch out, rest of the grid, MS is getting desperate! :p

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Spotlight on a lot of other drivers instead of being completely on him....

It is on him though, because of his silly errors! :p

You'd think that after twenty years, he'd stop crashing into Senna!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:54 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I think Michaels PR guys must employ a Schumacher Defence Force whose job it is argue his side on popular motorsport forums to make him look like less of a dick. It's the same people defending him every weekend, no matter what he does.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:28 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

As requested by EsBent

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:01 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Mäth wrote:
As requested by EsBent

It's like ballet, beautiful!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Almost looks like the two guys in the middle are kissing Alonso.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 am 

Actually what ARE those two in the middle even doing? Looks like one may be checking the cockpit for whatever reason but the other I'm not so sure. Perhaps a spotter to aid the lollipop man if something doesn't go right?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ospi wrote:
Actually what ARE those two in the middle even doing? Looks like one may be checking the cockpit for whatever reason but the other I'm not so sure. Perhaps a spotter to aid the lollipop man if something doesn't go right?

Removing some dirt from the radiator holes could be explanation but it doesn't really look like that, especially from the one on the top side of the picture.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Something to do with KERS?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I suspected one of them maybe cleaning a visor or both could be clearing side pods, but I cannot see any outstretched arms and they are both very still throughout the stop. Perhaps they are balancing the car so it doesn't fall off the jacks?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 54 Next