TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
 Post subject: Re: Cup, Trucks @ Kansas
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Made it to 6 pages. :8:

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Richmond thread should be more exciting due to the K&N East and Late Model races thursday on Speed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Why do people prefer that over Indycar?!?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Beezle wrote:

Because MOAR ACTION!!!1!!111!!!!11!!1!1111

Actually, I don't know why...NASCAR's still popular in the States than IndyCar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 pm 
The most anticipated member

Wow, Jimmie Jonhson almost got there...more 20 laps, he would have won. Not a fabulous race, but I liked it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That was actually a pretty good race for Kansas. Still, I'm not concerned about the reconfig. One good race in a blue moon is not reason enough to cry over it. WTF at Truex doing that premature divebomb without even catching Denny first. He was closing up to him and should have attempted that on the last lap after closing up some more. They might have come together but it'd definitely have been interesting either way. Also, nice run for the Ganassi boys after starting so far back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Beezle wrote:

For example, the truck race at the Rock got a 0.9 rating, compare that to 0.3 for Indycar at Long Beach (I think). While the Rock was definitely a good race, most of the ratings don't really reflect the quality of racing by any means. Just look at the Texas Cup race last week, scored a 4.0 rating. :-/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:33 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Beezle wrote:

I don't get it either, when I first started watching NASCAR (And Champcar...when I got Satellite basically) it was because F1 usually bored the arse off me but I was still hungry for some racing action so I had to look elsewhere for it.

Now F1 is the one that is providing the lights to flag thrills and NASCAR is stinking up the joint...

NASCAR had better hope their problems are due to the Car of Tomorrow because then it'll fix itself next year.

It's certainly a hell of a lot easier and fairer to change their cars to make for better racing than start demanding every track they race on add more banking (or tear down their banking if they've added too much!) to help them put on less boring races there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Actually thought it was a decent race with great restart action

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

couldnt have been much restart action with 3 damn yellows

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't get why Truex divebombed into 3 like that when he still had 3 laps to go.. he should've waited till he got closer, then go for it, he'd have had a shot at a slidejob if he did.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Funny how most of you want racing from the 80's 90's to return but did any of you watch races every week then? There were countless races of long green flag runs with 7-8 cars on the lead lap. Hell in the mid 90's it was only Earnhardt, Wallace, Martin winning most. Winning by 5 secs was normal. I thought it was a decent race.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:24 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Funny how most of you want racing from the 80's 90's to return but did any of you watch races every week then? There were countless races of long green flag runs with 7-8 cars on the lead lap. Hell in the mid 90's it was only Earnhardt, Wallace, Martin winning most. Winning by 5 secs was normal. I thought it was a decent race.

Have to agree with this, races were like today's much more frequently in those days, made the ones that weren't more compelling.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

J.Morelli wrote:
Wow, Jimmie Jonhson almost got there...more 20 laps, he would have won. Not a fabulous race, but I liked it.

20 laps is a shitload of time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

joha107 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Have to agree with this, races were like today's much more frequently in those days, made the ones that weren't more compelling.

Every time there is a boring race this is said and I'm getting a bit sick of it now tbh, especially since I haven't seen anyone going around saying "Gawd, I wish the races were like what we saw in the 80s and 90s, you know when we had all out side by side action for every single lap of the race, huge flippers every 20 laps and they still kept right on racing through it, caution would only come out if the track was blocked, good old days, real racin'" etc

The more people perpetuate the whole "it's always been like this" myth the more they ignore the more important question, which is "it shouldn't be like this NOW"

As I say, I lay a lot of blame for the state of NASCAR's terrible racing right at the door of the COT, and I can only hope NASCAR agree with this and that's why they're moving on to their cooler looking spec for 2013
If it races as good as it looks its going to render the whole argument moot anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They've started ripping up the place already....

http://yfrog.com/ocb0hwxj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:05 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:
joha107 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Every time there is a boring race this is said and I'm getting a bit sick of it now tbh, especially since I haven't seen anyone going around saying "Gawd, I wish the races were like what we saw in the 80s and 90s, you know when we had all out side by side action for every single lap of the race, huge flippers every 20 laps and they still kept right on racing through it, caution would only come out if the track was blocked, good old days, real racin'" etc

The more people perpetuate the whole "it's always been like this" myth the more they ignore the more important question, which is "it shouldn't be like this NOW"

As I say, I lay a lot of blame for the state of NASCAR's terrible racing right at the door of the COT, and I can only hope NASCAR agree with this and that's why they're moving on to their cooler looking spec for 2013
If it races as good as it looks its going to render the whole argument moot anyway.

What is it supposed to be like?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gawd, I wish the races were like what we saw in the 80s and 90s, you know when we had all out side by side action for every single lap of the race, huge flippers every 20 laps and they still kept right on racing through it, caution would only come out if the track was blocked, good old days, real racin.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 am 

I'd like to have some rose-tinted glasses so I can enjoy NASCAR more.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
joha107 wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

Why can't it be like that now? Do we have to fabricate every finish? I don't get it. You want the 2013 car that brings the cars to more make identity but the fact is when that was the case those were the days when one car, one team, one car make, would run away with races. It's racing. Not every race is going to be door to door action for 3-4 hours. I'm not saying i want the 80's 90's back, you'd be stupid to think that would happen, I'm just saying racing now is much closer than it was in the "good old days".

We just need to accept not every race will be a classic.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next