TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 551 Next

Is Massa useless?
Yes 68%  68%  [ 67 ]
Yes 32%  32%  [ 31 ]
Total votes: 98
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

First a damn new chassis, now new parts or whatever. Ferrari's excuses to protect Massa are getting more and more ridiculous. Better keeping silent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
Info from a Ferrari insider says that Ferrari are making excuses for Massa's poor performance, like suggesting he was testing new equipment in the other races.

This seems more likely.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One doesn't just get 1 second per lap slower from day to night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe Massa knows some dirty secrets and is he telling them all when Ferrari fires him. Like, "they did ask me to move over for Alonso in Germany 2010"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:47 pm 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

I like this track, last years race was one of the best I have ever seen. Possibly the best, in my 4 short years of watching. I am not expecting that again but I have high hopes. It will be interesting to see how Schumi does if he can avoid race incidents.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

glorfindel wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Schumi does if he can avoid race incidents.

Slip slidin' his way down the order on a 5 stop strategy as the W03 om nom noms its tyres.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

glorfindel wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Schumi does if he can avoid race incidents.

No, it won't. There are 23 other more interesting drivers out there to follow. Schumi is finished, face it. Not even a Mercedes designed specifically for him is providing him any change of results.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am 

I don't get it. Tyre wear problem was solely Rosberg's problem in Malaysia if you look at the live timing. Furthermore, MS's performance this year is by far, after his return, head to head or above Rosberg's performance, indicating he gradually regained his pace. I really don't get the above 2 posts. Even if you look at it superficially, he suffered an engine failure and was taken out in the next race and outqualified his teammate both time. I don't get how some ppl's logic applies to the situation sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's because the Mercedes is only good in qualifying, it is worse than the Ferrari in racepace. And it is not because he outqualified his teammate twice that he is back in the game

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Omega wrote:
Maybe Massa knows some dirty secrets and is he telling them all when Ferrari fires him. Like, "they did ask me to move over for Alonso in Germany 2010"

That's not a secret :p

Peter wrote:
I don't get it. Tyre wear problem was solely Rosberg's problem in Malaysia if you look at the live timing. Furthermore, MS's performance this year is by far, after his return, head to head or above Rosberg's performance, indicating he gradually regained his pace. I really don't get the above 2 posts. Even if you look at it superficially, he suffered an engine failure and was taken out in the next race and outqualified his teammate both time. I don't get how some ppl's logic applies to the situation sometimes.

Omega wrote:
It's because the Mercedes is only good in qualifying, it is worse than the Ferrari in racepace. And it is not because he outqualified his teammate twice that he is back in the game

Rosberg fluffed his best lap both times, that helped Schummy out Q him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Peter wrote:

Because we're not fanboys and are bored by this "Schumi can do no wrong" crap.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Michael never left. Hes just now demonstrating once he has a car capable of showing what he can do he can still deliver. Ross Brawn has already said before hes lost nothing, telemetry and all the data shows it hes said quite a few times now, so I'm going to go by his words rather than peoples opinions on the internet and in the press, ect. Certainly this year Schumacher looks like he has shown way more promise as the car does seem to be a fair bit better. Qualifying it's quite fast, and I'm fairly certain we haven't seen there true race pace too. Melbourne they admitted they concentrated too much on qualifying and that showed by there crap race pace. If it's a dry weekend in China i guess we will see what they have to offer. China is a track they should excel on too so lets wait and see.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scirocco wrote:
Michael never left. Hes just now demonstrating once he has a car capable of showing what he can do he can still deliver.

*YAWN*

Sorry but nothing against you but we've seen this statement over and over again since the start of 2010. I'm thoroughly bored of it. ALMOST EVERY DRIVER CAN DEMONSTRATE ONCE THEY HAVE A CAR CAPABLE OF SHOWING THAT THEY CAN DELIVER.

However, if Schumi is able to fight for a win or prodium I'll certainly be cheering him on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
Peter wrote:

Because we're not fanboys and are bored by this "Schumi can do no wrong" crap.

I don't see any fanboyism? Everything Peter said is correct. It's early days yet I know, but so far this season Schumi has shown more promise than ever since his return. That's not being a fanboy, that's a fact. And of course there's going to be more interest in Schumi than a lot of other drivers - he's statistically the most successful driver F1 has ever seen, and one of the most popular (again, regardless of whether or not you like him, this is a fact). I, and I'm sure many others, will be watching with interest to see what he can do without gearbox failures/being twatted into by Grosjean. If you're not interested, that's great, but that doesn't mean you get to go round calling everyone fanboys and SHOUTING AT EVERYONE IN CAPS.

Tbh, your "Schumi can do no right" crap is getting pretty dull too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel Schumacher has show signs of improvement in 2012. But I'll only be sure of an actual improvement after a race without major incidents for him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Exactly, that's what we want to see. Shock horror, people find that interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumacher could win in a bad car. Now he can't anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Michael Schumacher used to be an exceptionally talented racing driver between about 1994 and 2004. Now, he's a good grand prix driver. He's done just about enough to warrant his place at Mercedes on merit. If you forget he's Michael Schumacher and imagine he's a GP2 graduate then you'd look at things differently. Then again, we focus on Schumacher not only because of his legacy but the fact that his team mate is such an excruciatingly dull F1 driver that you'd be forgiven for thinking he's a clone of Nick Heidfeld.

2010 - Schumacher was average
2011 - Schumacher was average, but then matched Rosberg in the second half of 2011
2012 - So far, he's taken a step forward.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
I don't see any fanboyism? Everything Peter said is correct. It's early days yet I know, but so far this season Schumi has shown more promise than ever since his return. That's not being a fanboy, that's a fact. And of course there's going to be more interest in Schumi than a lot of other drivers - he's statistically the most successful driver F1 has ever seen, and one of the most popular (again, regardless of whether or not you like him, this is a fact). I, and I'm sure many others, will be watching with interest to see what he can do without gearbox failures/being twatted into by Grosjean. If you're not interested, that's great, but that doesn't mean you get to go round calling everyone fanboys and SHOUTING AT EVERYONE IN CAPS.

Calling everyone fanboys? That's a little overly generalistic. Which is not what's happened.

I get that Schumi is popular but for the past 2 and a bit seasons a lot of fans have felt the need to continually justify and quantify his performances. No other driver has received the same attention. And it's entirely unneccessary as we know Schumacher's quality. It's unquestionable.

Schumifan wrote:
Tbh, your "Schumi can do no right" crap is getting pretty dull too

That's strange, as apart from saying Schumi is past it, I don't recall any other potentially derogatory comments.

Maybe you missed my comment above about me cheering him on should he do well? If you did then that's fine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:07 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

I like butterflies and rainbows.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1001 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 551 Next