TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1579 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:56 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Jason wrote:
I dunno, lets ask Ollie.

no rain as expected, it's F1 after all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:16 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Fabs wrote:
Jason wrote:
I dunno, lets ask Ollie.

no rain as expected, it's F1 after all.

Aww, thanks Ollie.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ryan86 wrote:
I'll have one more go at trying to explain what I was trying to say.

If Schumacher is the oldest driver ever to make a press conference, we will be unable to pick a race out between the first press conference and the present day that has anyone older than him there.

If this is the case, he will be the oldest driver to make the press conference since the first occurence and so therefore every single race where a press conference has taken place in between is a correct answer.

Are you saying that because Schumi is the oldest driver in the PC, every other race in the history of F1 has had a driver older than him at the PC? I am completely lost.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have no idea what Ryan is trying to say, but best I can tell the last time someone older than Schumi was top-3 in qual or race was Jack Brabham in 1970.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I hope i didn't mess up my calculations with the alarm clock and the hour forwarding, or else i'll lose most of the race.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 am 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

BrainPain wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

If Schumacher is the oldest driver ever to make a press conference, we will be unable to pick a race out between the first press conference and the present day that has anyone older than him there.

If this is the case, he will be the oldest driver to make the press conference since the first occurence and so therefore every single race where a press conference has taken place in between is a correct answer.

Are you saying that because Schumi is the oldest driver in the PC, every other race in the history of F1 has had a driver older than him at the PC? I am completely lost.

Not quite. Let's say Schumacher finishes 3rd tomorrow. He will become the oldest podium finisher from Germany 1970 onwards since Brabham finished on the podium in Britain. Since we now know every podium finisher during that period to be have been younger than Schumacher is now, we can safely choose any race between Germany 1970 and Australia 2012 and be certain that Schumacher will be the oldest podium finisher since that race as well.

Since we don't believe the press conference to have been around in 1970, we can state using plithy's facts that Schumacher is the oldest press conference attendee in it's history. Every press conference attendee has been younger than 43y2m of Schumacher. Therefore any race in which there has been a press conference would have been a correct answer to the question originally asked because one could be sure that every race between that one which they stated and today would have a press conference with younger drivers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:19 am 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

amq55 wrote:
I hope i didn't mess up my calculations with the alarm clock and the hour forwarding, or else i'll lose most of the race.

That's the advantage of my iPhone. Multiple alarms :p Although the iphone automatically converts to summer time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:28 am 

I managed to get up for both sessions last night, however, I became bored at the start of Free Practice and ended up watching E4+1 instead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:50 am 

Karan wrote:
Nice choke job by Rosberg in his Q3 run, as usual. Couple major mistakes. And instead of delivering the potential of the car (likely P3) he ends up 8th. Well lets see how he does but will be a struggle for him to get any substantial points given their poor race pace.

major? Rather tiny ones. Nico wouldn't beat Schumi even without those, most likely.

Anyway, get ready to be introduced to Schumi train in a few hours?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sopcast listings, where do I find them for the F1? Is the link going to be the same as the last race?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:54 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ryan86 wrote:
I managed to get up for both sessions last night, however, I became bored at the start of Free Practice and ended up watching E4+1 instead.

There was something strangely boring about those practice sessions I couldn't quite put my finger on either....

Melbourne had all the excitement of the first sessions of the year and drivers still getting used to their cars so providing us with some leery moments, spins and powerslides..

Aside from Di Resta in Malaysia, it all seemed a bit pedestrian, like the teams that are underperforming have settled into their lot already and have realised they won't be able to change anything until the European season...

Ho Hum.

I have a feeling this race won't be the greatest, based purely on that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ryan86 wrote:
BrainPain wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

Not quite. Let's say Schumacher finishes 3rd tomorrow. He will become the oldest podium finisher from Germany 1970 onwards since Brabham finished on the podium in Britain. Since we now know every podium finisher during that period to be have been younger than Schumacher is now, we can safely choose any race between Germany 1970 and Australia 2012 and be certain that Schumacher will be the oldest podium finisher since that race as well.

Since we don't believe the press conference to have been around in 1970, we can state using plithy's facts that Schumacher is the oldest press conference attendee in it's history. Every press conference attendee has been younger than 43y2m of Schumacher. Therefore any race in which there has been a press conference would have been a correct answer to the question originally asked because one could be sure that every race between that one which they stated and today would have a press conference with younger drivers.

Thanks for clearing that up for us. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 am 

codename_47 wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

There was something strangely boring about those practice sessions I couldn't quite put my finger on either....

Melbourne had all the excitement of the first sessions of the year and drivers still getting used to their cars so providing us with some leery moments, spins and powerslides..

Aside from Di Resta in Malaysia, it all seemed a bit pedestrian, like the teams that are underperforming have settled into their lot already and have realised they won't be able to change anything until the European season...

Ho Hum.

I have a feeling this race won't be the greatest, based purely on that.

Yeah, you know things are bad if you're watching random American teens swapping families.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seeing how the weather unfolds during the GP2 race: looks like there could be a downpour before the race.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:08 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Echti wrote:
Seeing how the weather unfolds during the GP2 race: looks like there could be a downpour before the race.

I hope so, but there is some clean spots in the sky, so everything can happen, well its Malaysia hehehe, would like to see something like 2001, what a remarkable performance by Verstappen there

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If it rains im hoping it's just a passing downpour not one that sticks around for too long or else we probably won't get much racing...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Lotus press release

https://twitter.com/#!/GMeenaghan/statu ... 1137327106

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:33 am 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

Is that real? If so it's brilliant.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:35 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

It is

Will Buxton wrote:
They are literally handing out hundreds of Magnums in the media centre. Bravo Kimi. Bravo @Lotus_F1Team.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scirocco wrote:
If it rains im hoping it's just a passing downpour not one that sticks around for too long or else we probably won't get much racing...

Exactly! We don't want a 2009 all over again

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1578 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1579 Next