TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 549 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Exactly.

Plus they are a bunch of cry babies when it comes to a little bit of rain.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lucasjeha wrote:
BenMac wrote:
Fergie wrote:
It'll be all the whining faggots like Barrichello, Massa, Webber etc who complain the moment there is a minute threat to their 'safety'.

Yeah, cause dying is such a faggoty thing to happen. Wanker.

C'mon guys, we can find a middle term here, of course safety is something very important, nobody wants to drive a car where a little crash can cost his life, but we can never took away the risks from motorsports, that's part of the sport, how to deal with that, fight your fear and the other drivers, there must be a balance between the worry about safety and the worry about the show, the sport, tha fans, the good racing, the challenging cars and tracks, but that's something really difficult to discuss, there is allways different opinions, and sometimes an opinion may look harsh for someone who thinks different, so to run away from this kind of discussion, here's the first pic of Suzuka week, from twitter

I cannot +1 this enough.

This whole thing does smack a bit of the Inquisition. Frankly Jenson's forcing of his team-mate into the pitwall in Canada was far more dangerous than anything Lewis has done this season. If Lewis is causing avoidable accidents then the stewards have room in the rulebook to penalise him for it. And they have. Which should be the end of it.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
But the point is that none of them have nearly been killed as a result of Lewis Hamilton.

yes, let's just wait until that happens

personally I've never had a near-dead experience when crossing a traffic junction when the lights were red, so why should I stop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:49 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

There's a difference between worried about safety and being a pussy. The drivers reactions to the weather in Korea least season for example was a joke. It was intermediate conditions and Webber and Alonso are bawling their eyes out, and then it gets a little dark and Vettel can't see the marker boards, but Lewis can?

Safety is a great thing, without a doubt. But there's a limit. Shall we enclose the entire cars with big plastic bubbles, and make the drivers drive them via RC units from the trucks? Why not, it's safer, right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I understand that Hamilton gets involved in more incidents than he should, but how many of them have nearly killed someone? The worst one was at Spa and that was almost damage to himself rather than any other drivers. I am concerned about Hamilton's driving because yes, things can escalate and there is always the danger of injuries to spectators, but a lot of Hamilton's incidents this year (with Massa at Singapore, Monaco) have been of relatively minor contact.

If Hamilton's driving was downright dangerous (such as when Schumacher nearly put Rubens in the wall or when Mark Webber seemed to think that he could do whatever he liked a few times in 2009) then I can understand it. But his incidents have been silly, petty but not dangerous. If that changed, then I could understand their concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have to admit I exaggerated in my previous post :p

but Hamilton is ruining some peoples races with those "minor contacts", and form him points don't matter anymore, but for other drivers they do
and t seems like penalties don't scare him anymore

if he had driven a more clean season he would probably be runner-up in front of Button
it's also in his own best interest to get his act together

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

A MEETING to discuss Hamilton's driving? Seriously?

I was of the opinion that any disagreements should be sorted out on track...that's kind of what the sport is about.
No agenda item saying "Lewis Hamilton should brake earlier" is going to change his driving style, which I imagine is more instinctive than conciously thought through anyway.
He didn't think "right, I'm gonna hit my wing on Massa's tyre, that'll show him" last race so I don't see what a meeting can do to change anything apart from give the usual suspects a chance to haul him over the coals in front of the press.

It seems the drivers are buying into the media pressure on Hamilton and are being a bit susceptable to it.
But maybe they see an oppurtunity to use the media pressure to kick him while he's down, I dunno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
A MEETING to discuss Hamilton's driving? Seriously?

no it's just something they are going to address during the meeting they have during every GP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ellis wrote:
There's a difference between worried about safety and being a pussy. The drivers reactions to the weather in Korea least season for example was a joke. It was intermediate conditions and Webber and Alonso are bawling their eyes out, and then it gets a little dark and Vettel can't see the marker boards, but Lewis can?

Safety is a great thing, without a doubt. But there's a limit. Shall we enclose the entire cars with big plastic bubbles, and make the drivers drive them via RC units from the trucks? Why not, it's safer, right?

100% agreed, and lets remember about the rain, that in the past with cars that had no safety enough we saw races under heavy rain and very wet track, and now that the cars are so safe, we see this kind of problems when it starts to rain.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If the Met Office is right, the weather will be good all weekend.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:07 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I actually feel for Hamilton. I don't think his driving is dangerous. He has just been in a lot of incidents having put himself in difficult circumstances, it happens when you're trying to get the most out of your car which isnt exactly the most competitive. Some of them have looked bizarre but he's not the only freaking F1 driver to be part of bizarre crashes and incidents. He's having his most difficult season in F1, it's draining him more mentally than physically, because he's learning and maturing and tbh... I like him now. A few experiences and humbling of the ego is making him a better character IMO. Even if most of the field can't see it right now.

I hope Suzuka will be good for him.

And Vettel to DNF because it's too soon for the champion, there's still a few races left. GAWD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Evenstar wrote:
And Vettel to DNF because it's too soon for the champion, there's still a few races left. GAWD.

Yeah but there's something apt about another championship being settled at Suzuka, even if its no-where near as dramatic as any of the others!

Heck, most of those classic deciders had races remaining too, ok usually Adelaide but it was only for about 5 years or so Suzuka was the de facto finale!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well if it isn't decided here, it goes to Korea. I'd much rather see it wrapped up at Suzuka than Korea, because it won't have any effect on the racing etc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:18 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

True! It's a special historic circuit, it would probably be more fun too. Plus, there's no way anyone will catch Vettel so might as well get it over with lol A race like 2005 again would be epic for the championship to end.

The racing has been great this year, the remaining races shouldn't be any different :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:27 pm 

I liked the massive overreaction to my post, admittedly I wasn't looking for it but I think you misunderstood what I meant.
I didn't mean that they should bring back any regulation pre 94 and send them to race on the Nordschleife, its like Phil said Hamilton hasn't and won't kill anyone in a racing incident (or whatever you would like to call it) and I fail to understand why they need an inquisition against him.
In fact, when was the last time a driver was killed in F1 as a result of a incident between two cars? There is a difference about complaining about genuine safety issues and just the driver being silly over things that at the most will end their race.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:43 pm 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

Fergie wrote:
In fact, when was the last time a driver was killed in F1 as a result of a incident between two cars?

June 1982. It certainly puts things into perspective when you count back 29 years from 1982.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cash wrote:
Fergie wrote:
In fact, when was the last time a driver was killed in F1 as a result of a incident between two cars?

June 1982. It certainly puts things into perspective when you count back 29 years from 1982.

And even then you can say that was terrible misfortune rather than the rash actions of a driver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:52 pm 

Cash wrote:
Fergie wrote:

I'm not even sure if that was as a result of an accident between two drivers as I don't think i've seen Villeneuve's crash but still, times have moved on and any incident Hamilton has been hasn't been a Webber style accident and I doubt there will be as a result of his 'aggressive' driving as he just doesn't drive as badly as everyone seems to think.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cash wasn't referring to Villeneuve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Canadian_Grand_Prix

Latest pictures from Suzuka
http://www.f1-stinger.com/stinger_villa ... ost-8.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tell me there's still gravel at Degner.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 549 Next