TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 549 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ok, this is probably a very boring question but does anyone have any news on FOM finally replacing FujiTV as a host broadcaster now that FOM has gone HD and FujiTV isn't the main sponsor of the GP?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:58 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Still going to be FujiTV I believe.

To be fair, they improved a lot in recent years. Infact, I wouldnt mind to see someone else do the coverage for once since FOM seems to get worse and worse...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Poll please. What will Vettel's radio celebration be?

"Thats what I'm talking about"
"YABADABADEE" etc
"We did it boys"
Or simply just crying.

Because it'll be so fake :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
Still going to be FujiTV I believe.

To be fair, they improved a lot in recent years. Infact, I wouldnt mind to see someone else do the coverage for once since FOM seems to get worse and worse...

Well, I don't know. Last year's coverage wasn't terrible but there were a few things that annoyed me. They didn't show any onboard replays from the start (and great footage was available - Petrov's (or Hulkenberg's?) onboard, Massa's crash and Alonso repassing Hamilton into Turn 2). Also they completely missed Kubica losing a wheel, in fact it wasn't until a few minutes later that we actually saw that he's missing one! Plus not enough cameras (bad angle of the Di Grassi crash on the reconnaissance lap and no external view of Rosberg's crash), same old boring angles and soundless replays. They're far from the level of incompetence we get from TMC every year but still I would prefer to see a dedicated and experienced crew do the coverage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
Poll please. What will Vettel's radio celebration be?

"Thats what I'm talking about"
"YABADABADEE" etc
"We did it boys"
Or simply just crying.

Crazy frog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I just wish they would use some of those badass BATTLE graphics in the worldfeed, too :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

maclauren wrote:
Well, I don't know. Last year's coverage wasn't terrible but there were a few things that annoyed me. They didn't show any onboard replays from the start (and great footage was available - Petrov's (or Hulkenberg's?) onboard, Massa's crash and Alonso repassing Hamilton into Turn 2). Also they completely missed Kubica losing a wheel, in fact it wasn't until a few minutes later that we actually saw that he's missing one! (...)

A local broadcaster such as FujiTV does not have access to all onboard camera feeds..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Echti wrote:
maclauren wrote:
Well, I don't know. Last year's coverage wasn't terrible but there were a few things that annoyed me. They didn't show any onboard replays from the start (and great footage was available - Petrov's (or Hulkenberg's?) onboard, Massa's crash and Alonso repassing Hamilton into Turn 2). Also they completely missed Kubica losing a wheel, in fact it wasn't until a few minutes later that we actually saw that he's missing one! (...)

A local broadcaster such as FujiTV does not have access to all onboard camera feeds..

Hm, kind of suspected it but I thought that wasn't the case anymore. Either way, this is yet another reason why even a good local broadcaster (by their standards) isn't better than FOM :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hamiltons driving style has been put on the agenda for the drivers breefing

apparently Massa isn't the only one who is concerned about Hamiltons driving style

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And Kovalainen has said he won't go to the meeting as he hasn't got a problem with it.

Hamilton's going through a bad patch at the moment, no doubt about it. But all the other drivers (but for Kova, JB & Sutil) seem to hate him anyway so I guess thats why there's a meeting.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm 

It'll be all the whining faggots like Barrichello, Massa, Webber etc who complain the moment there is a minute threat to their 'safety'.

I also seem to remember that after Monza in 08 they had a similar meeting where Hamilton said something like "they all had their rifles pointing at me", or did I just make that up?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

there is nothing bad with talking, it's not like they are going to exclude him

you can't ignore that Hamilton has been in an incredible high amount of incidents this season

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Is it just me who finds that - even in images - the cars look different at Suzuka? Like a different resolution. I know for the TV a different format is used, but still...

Oh, and no rain so no Sunday morning quali :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I always find the lighting different. I guess they run the race later in the afternoon (from what I remember) so that might explain it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Always love Suzuka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:17 am 

James Key, Technical Director:
“...We will bring a wide ranging aero package for the car, which includes a completely new front wing, new rear wings, new turning vanes and side pod deflectors, new brake ducts and modifications to the floor. This was always planned for Suzuka and, if it all works well, it should give us a reasonable step forward.....”

Quote:
The report said Sauber have pushed forward developments of the 2012 C31 car to debut this weekend at Suzuka.

“We will move heaven and hell for this sixth place,” said team boss Peter Sauber.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/midfield-tea ... lion/9372/

I hope this is enough to make Sauber capable of beating even Mercedes. Sauber was already better than Mercedes in Silverstone(other track with high speed corners) and with this big upgrade, I hope Kamui puts up an spetacular show. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:25 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Artur Craft wrote:
James Key, Technical Director:
“...We will bring a wide ranging aero package for the car, which includes a completely new front wing, new rear wings, new turning vanes and side pod deflectors, new brake ducts and modifications to the floor. This was always planned for Suzuka and, if it all works well, it should give us a reasonable step forward.....”

Quote:
The report said Sauber have pushed forward developments of the 2012 C31 car to debut this weekend at Suzuka.

“We will move heaven and hell for this sixth place,” said team boss Peter Sauber.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/midfield-tea ... lion/9372/

I hope this is enough to make Sauber capable of beating even Mercedes. Sauber was already better than Mercedes in Silverstone(other track with high speed corners) and with this big upgrade, I hope Kamui puts up an spetacular show. 8)

Let's hope he can repeat his best performances, Suzuka is a track where the drivers skills count more than other tracks, so we can wait for a good weekend, dry or wet, Suzuka allways brings some very good races, but of course, a wet race would be fantastic there, last time we saw a proper rain in Suzuka was in 1995, after that only in practices or qualifying sessions, but anyway, I can't wait for the first practices. It will be nice to see Senna there too, Suzuka and Spa are very similar, a good mix between fast and slow corners, and Renault did very well there, so let's see what happens now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:41 am 

Fergie wrote:
It'll be all the whining faggots like Barrichello, Massa, Webber etc who complain the moment there is a minute threat to their 'safety'.

Yeah, cause dying is such a faggoty thing to happen. Wanker.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:52 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

BenMac wrote:
Fergie wrote:

Yeah, cause dying is such a faggoty thing to happen. Wanker.

C'mon guys, we can find a middle term here, of course safety is something very important, nobody wants to drive a car where a little crash can cost his life, but we can never took away the risks from motorsports, that's part of the sport, how to deal with that, fight your fear and the other drivers, there must be a balance between the worry about safety and the worry about the show, the sport, tha fans, the good racing, the challenging cars and tracks, but that's something really difficult to discuss, there is allways different opinions, and sometimes an opinion may look harsh for someone who thinks different, so to run away from this kind of discussion, here's the first pic of Suzuka week, from twitter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

But the point is that none of them have nearly been killed as a result of Lewis Hamilton.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 963 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 549 Next