TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2160 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Considering it's been proven time and time again that the old Eastern Creek couldn't hold a good V8 race if lives depended on it, it's still pretty stupid they're not using the new circuit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

to members that have been to v8 races, are paddock passes expensive?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

When I went to Symmons Plains last year, I think it was about $30 for the 2 days.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Was $75NZ (Around $100US) for all 3 days in general admission at the Hamilton 400, I think it was another $20 on top of the $75NZ to get into the pits

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that's not bad at all.

just trying to figure what prices may be like for austin next year...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:33 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It depends on the promoter of the event, prices are not standard across V8Supercar events.

For instance its cheaper to get into the pits at Eastern Creek or Winton than it is at Adelaide or Homebush.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

This bit?
Scotty wrote:
V8 Supercars have decided for their race later in the year they will run on the 3.9km existing GP circuit.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BOTHER EXTENDING THE CIRCUIT THEN YOU FUCKING MONGOLOIDS.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:04 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
Nowhere did I mention V8SC have anything to do with modifying the circuit, I know they had nothing to do with it. They just chose which circuit configuration to run on.

So then why state that they "pissed several million down the drain"??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
Meant the owners of the circuit, which I said right before I said that line..

...or did I type that phrase in German?

Please explain how the owners of the circuit (NSW Government) have, in your words, "pissed several million down the drain"??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
Building a shithouse, pointless extension to a circuit that the premier racing car series in Australasia have gone and pretended that it doesn't exist?

You really need to look at the bigger picture

The extension was NOT built for the use of extending the full circuit (though if a series wanted to use it they could)

It was built to extend the layout of the new second circuit that can run in conjunction with the new 'national circuit' at the front, allowing both circuits to be used at the same time.

Two tracks being used at once means double the income for the ARDC (which therefore makes it not pointless)

Jonathon Webb gave the new bit his tick of approval at the launch, as did Kevin Magee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
Ofcourse Jonathon Webb is going to approve of it, he is sponsored by the Sydney 500, which is backed by the Sydney government, which backed the extension of the Sydney Motorsport Park...

So spending several million dollars just so they can run two 1.5 to 2.0 circuits for drive days? It would take them hundreds of drive days to make that back.

Still incredibly pointless.

I'm glad you have seen the books to judge whether this venture is pointless or not.....

A complete pit building and pit area is being built in the turn 4/5/6 area. It would be possible for two full-on race meetings to be able to be conducted at the same time.

There is only 1 permanent racing circuit in the Sydney area these days, 15 years ago there was three. Eastern Creek was booked out solid BEFORE Oran Park departed, you think all Oran Park's business could have been absorbed into EC without doing something like this? You do realise Eastern Creek is currently booked for drive days and the like (non-race meetings) for over 300 days a year as is, with business potentially able to be doubled now with two tracks in use.... how many drive days did you say again to make the money back??

Have you driven on the new part of track? Have you even seen it with your own eyes? It is easy to be a keyboard cowboy and talk it down all you like, but you shouldn't judge something until you actually SEE some racing on it.

Or is this just a vendetta against the Creek?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:15 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
- Fuckloads. Most of the money that gets spent via drivers/car companies who take part in drive days goes to insurance, not that much really goes into hiring the circuit, they don't make that much money out of it. It would still take several years to recoup the money.

Do you know the figure that the ARDC charges for circuit use?

Scotty wrote:
- Why did they build a pit building in the turn 4/5/6 area? Seems ridiculous really, if it's only for drive days, a flat car park would suffice. Waste of materials.

You need to re-read my post.

The new circuit out the back is NOT only for drive days, it will be able to be used as a RACING circuit for, you know, car races (and bikes, who the new layout seems especially suited too, Kevin Magee gave it big wraps in Speed News Australia last week.... and he has actually BEEN ON the track)

Scotty wrote:
- Keyboard cowboy, wow check yourself because you is wreckin yourself, the man who argues to high hell safety cars ruin the sport. You don't need to see racing on it to know it's rubbish. There are 100's of Tilke clones around the world who run mickey-mouse layouts like that. It's called being a fan of motor racing.

Bagging a circuit before you've seen a car go around it is most definatly not "being a fan of motor racing"

And what do safety cars have to do with this argument?

Scotty wrote:
- You haven't factored in the amount of people who would lose interest in the fact they don't get to run on the full circuit anymore. How many people would want to run on the non-GP layout? I have seen the layout, couldn't get a decent go-kart race on it if you tried (about all it's good for). Most cars would struggle to get out of 3rd gear. Here is an example, I was at Winton for a drive day in 2009 to test a superkart, when we were told we could only run the small (old) circuit. Immediately, 1/4 of the competitors packed up their shit and left. Although that crappy layout will probably suit drifters, but lets ignore the stain on motor racing that is that sport.

The one's who went home are the only one's missing out. (plenty of cars could get out of third gear on the old Winton layout, even V8Supercars when they used it)

The majority of drive days & training days (Fastrack V8 Experience, Superbike School, Radical Experience) as is for the last 20 years at Eastern Creek have only ever used the original short circuit!

Scotty wrote:
It sounds like a good idea in theory, splitting the circuit up into 2 tracks. But the layout they've designed is terrible, all the conceptual designs I have seen since 2009 have been awful (remember that plan where they were going to turn turn one into a 90º sharp bend? From the very start they didn't have a clue about circuit design.

It sounds like you won't be happy with any design unless its your own.... maybe you should become a circuit designer. Did you send the ARDC any of your ideas over the last few years seeing as you have stated you could have done a much better job?

Scotty wrote:
Maybe it is a vendetta on the creek, as it is, and always has been, a crap motor racing circuit, but there are ways they could've improved it, instead, they've spent a lot of time, and energy, into something that is not going to yield much at all.

And after all that, you admit you might have a vendetta against it..... :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
Way to completely miss every point I made.

I really want to expel some energy into how stupid you are but you're such a stubborn dick. Eastern Creek is a shithouse circuit that's never produced any form of exciting racing. I cannot recall a single EC race there that was ever exciting, in my life, even when it was wet it was fucking shit. It has 1 of the best corners in Australian motor racing, then 12 or 13 of the shittest most dull bit of race track in country. Not even ARC could give this circuit credit. Instead of spending money on changing the circuit for the better, they had 6 fucking shite corners to it and a pointless pit building that's not going to be used.

And I am not just being an opinionated douche who is alone on this feeling. I believe a majority of this forum find this track terrible, I know spamgasm feel this way, I know a lot of Australian motor racing fans feel this way ("I really miss Eastern Creek being on the V8SC calendar" said no-one, ever). It's a soul less track with no character, and now, even less. It's not a vendetta against the circuit or a Melbourne vs. Sydney thing. It's the opinion of most.

God you're a fucking idiot who can't see the forest through the trees. They should let this circuit die, it won't be missed like Amaroo or Oran were.

You seem to have formed an opinion and nothing will change it.... feel free to go on swearing & acting like Eastern Creek has stolen your wallet or something though...

Maybe actually READ some information on the place, and on the changes that have been made, before commenting next time. How do you know the pit building out the back won't be used?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
never produced any form of exciting racing. I cannot recall a single EC race there that was ever exciting, in my life, even when it was wet it was fucking shit..

The A1 races there when it rained and Wickens came through the field for a podium were pretty immense

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Some of the points I'm going to make apply to the UK, dunno how they apply in Australia, but this is an interesting argument...

Scotty wrote:
]WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BOTHER EXTENDING THE CIRCUIT THEN YOU FUCKING MONGOLOIDS.

Scotty wrote:
Sorry, but where in my sentence did I ever say V8SC had anything to do with it? How did you draw that conclusion?

The use of the word "THEN" suggests you're referring to V8 Supercars's decison not to run the extended track.

Scotty wrote:
- Fuckloads. Most of the money that gets spent via drivers/car companies who take part in drive days goes to insurance, not that much really goes into hiring the circuit, they don't make that much money out of it. It would still take several years to recoup the money.

In the UK track days are big business - most tracks have them them booked throughout the year. There's some airfields which run trackdays alone and no racing, so it must be a viable business. As far as I know, most people are on their own during trackdays - they sign disclaimers so any injuries or damage to vehicles are their own problem. The legal situation could be different in Australia.
Scotty wrote:
- Keyboard cowboy, wow check yourself because you is wreckin yourself, the man who argues to high hell safety cars ruin the sport. You don't need to see racing on it to know it's rubbish. There are 100's of Tilke clones around the world who run mickey-mouse layouts like that. It's called being a fan of motor racing.

Shall we see how it races - some amazing layouts have resulted in rubbish races, others have been the opposite, tho if V8Supercars aren't using it we'll probably not find out.

Scotty wrote:
- You haven't factored in the amount of people who would lose interest in the fact they don't get to run on the full circuit anymore. How many people would want to run on the non-GP layout? I have seen the layout, couldn't get a decent go-kart race on it if you tried (about all it's good for). Most cars would struggle to get out of 3rd gear. Here is an example, I was at Winton for a drive day in 2009 to test a superkart, when we were told we could only run the small (old) circuit. Immediately, 1/4 of the competitors packed up their shit and left. Although that crappy layout will probably suit drifters, but lets ignore the stain on motor racing that is that sport.

For trackdays, if that is their target market, that may well not matter. Silverstone here is often criticised on other forums for being dull - outside of a high powered single seater/sports car it has no challenge - even above average cars will spend the lap on full throttle with no problems. My own car is much more interesting in 3rd gear - in 4th/5th gear (90+mph) there's little power and the handling isn't at its best, on a run down a B-road or on a track day I wouldn't want to be out of 3rd gear for much of it. If I wanted to run my car flat out, I'd risk my licence on a motorway or go to a VMax event on an airfield

Scotty wrote:

And I am not just being an opinionated douche who is alone on this feeling. I believe a majority of this forum find this track terrible, I know spamgasm feel this way, I know a lot of Australian motor racing fans feel this way ("I really miss Eastern Creek being on the V8SC calendar" said no-one, ever).

The majority on this forum don't care, sorry. At best they'll be interested if there's some good racing or crashes. I don't think you can use Spamgasm as a good source to back up your arguements.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

All the above bullshit aside, having seen previous horrible events at Eastern Creek, and knowing the V8s will continue to race the same shitty circuit, I'll be avoiding this one. Those of you saying "give it a chance" to a piece of track they're not even using, go nuts :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

To cut a long story short, and basically repeating myself from the last page: Homebush is infinity times better than Eastern Creek.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:45 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Those of you saying "give it a chance" to a piece of track they're not even using, go nuts

The discussion was about the new piece of track in general, not V8Supercars using it or not.

the Muscle Car Masters a week after the V8 event is using the new piece of track

Scotty wrote:
Lets just end the Australian circuit discussion by saying QR is the worst racetrack in the country.

Are you basing this from a spectators point of view, or a driving point of view?

From a spectators point of view you can see the whole track, which is hardly a bad thing.

Its not the most innovative when it comes to a track design, but neither is Indianapolis.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guys.. the arguing stops here.. move on.

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racer69 wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
Those of you saying "give it a chance" to a piece of track they're not even using, go nuts

The discussion was about the new piece of track in general, not V8Supercars using it or not.

Maybe the discussion you were having with yourself, but the rest of us spent a fair bit of time talking about V8s not running the new portion.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2160 Next