TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3854 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1103 104 105 106 107193 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Kurt Busch wrote:
"We were up front, leading laps and doign exactly what James Finch would have wanted. We took the white leading and had the lead halfway down the back. Everybody was side drafting and we got separated. ... I went to crowd the outside lane, didn't know that there were two cars up there. I thought it was just a single lane. I was trying to side draft to get the best finish I could at the end. Everybody was racing to the end. Man, a lot of tore up cars. That's just everybody full throttle at the end."

Yeah right.... :yuk: (many words for trying to say "I tried to block them but it got us all wrecked")

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
ESPN's commentary is a lot better when they're on ads tbh:

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvq0xUf1e4k&feature=g-all-u&context=G29b663cFAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtubeidiot]

probably the "no no no", was as in "please don't crash while we are on ads"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 am 

I nearly fell of my chair while watching that finish live. lmao.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:46 am 

This was such a diabolical finish, everyone in my house was jumping up and down and screaming at the tv. I loved it and cant wait for the Daytona 500 tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wonder if Cup can make it 3 for 3 in first time winners tomorrow. With the way the last two races have gone, you would have sworn there was a full moon out or something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There is concern about rain tomorrow, according to tweets by Jeff Gluck.

Quote:
I got off the phone with @nascar_wxman a little while ago. He is concerned about getting the race in tomorrow. Here's the deal:

There's going to be rain moving into the area around noon. It's mostly going to be in N Florida, but @nascar_wxman says it could affect DIS.

IF the rain extends south to Daytona -- and that's still unclear -- we're in trouble. It'll be a persistent rain that will stick around.

The scary thing is @nascar_wxman says Monday looks even worse. So it all hinges on whether the rain dips south to Daytona tomorrow.

Forecast

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seeing that the chance of rain may increase during the afternoon, would they consider start the race earlier, even if by half an hour or so?

Have they done that before?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 am 

Gabriel wrote:
Seeing that the chance of rain may increase during the afternoon, would they consider start the race earlier, even if by half an hour or so?

Have they done that before?

They did move it up a half hour in 2003 but not at all in 2009. So I don't know. I'm down here in central Florida for the week and the forecast is really for "spotty" showers in Daytona Beach and not persistent rain. I have a feeling they'll get racing tomorrow but it might be a long day. The only aspect that concerns me is that the TV contract is written that the Daytona 500 must air on the FOX Network and cannot be shifted to Speed in the event of a delay and with the Academy Awards tomorrow night I'm not sure FOX would really want the race pushed back to go head to head with that show on Network TV. Though the 500 has never been delayed until Monday in its 53 previous runnings and it would be good to keep it that way. Especially considering the Monday after is no longer President's Day and not a Holiday of any kind.

TV played a big role in getting both the 2003 and 2009 races called from weather delays.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really hope Kurt smashes his 51 to smithereens tomorrow as well. Smashed Finch cars in practice, the Shootout, Nationwide and hopefully the 500 - it's a perfect storm of terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:27 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

In Kurt's defense, the only wreck that he can really be blamed for was the one in the Nationwide race.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Both big ones in the Nationwide race really.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:22 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

I was referring to wrecks that resulted with him wadded up. But valid point nevertheless lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:49 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Paul wrote:
jacksonedb wrote:
Why is everyone so mad? An underdog won and almost all the cup guys got taken out. That finish was incredible

Sometimes I'd rather see an actual race rather than a demolition derby. I'd rather see an underdog win the race on actual merit rather than by simply winning the fucking crash lottery.

I'd rather see a race not come down to a green/white/checkers finish every fucking time. I'd rather not see huge crashes that tear up half the field and the drivers only walk away from because the cars are thankfully as safe as they are now.

This. This is the whole reason why I was really pissed at the finish. Don't mind the guys like Buescher or King winning, but the way these guys race each other has been utterly ridiculous.

Leave it to a Busch to completely ruin what could be a great finish.

So, having a bunch of drivers desperate to block everywhich way and failing miserably at the last corner of the last lap does not make it a great finish?

But then again, there are people who actually thought that Busch Vs. Craven at Darlington was horrible.

I sometimes think some people really don't have a fucking clue as to what makes a great finish. It's not always racing head to head, it's actually the drama that unfolds at the last desperate moments before the checkers....

Jesus, I sometimes wonder what these kind of people would say had Pierson vs. Petty or Allison vs Yarborough would've happened today...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Considering expectations of the Nationwide race before it started, I can't fathom how anyone could be disappointed with this race. But that's internet forums for ya...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I managed to sleep through the Nationwide race after staying up all morning to try and watch it. Oh well. Interesting finish, at least.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
Considering expectations of the Nationwide race before it started, I can't fathom how anyone could be disappointed with this race. But that's internet forums for ya...

I'm not disappointed in the race, but I'm disappointed in the finish. We were about to watch Tony and Logano have a drag race to the line for a photo finish. Instead Kurt Busch wrecked them and we got a random winner. It was a dramatic end, but I prefer racing over accidents and would rather have watched the cars race back to the line for the win, rather than a random draw of who didn't get taken out in Kurts stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Was anyone else reminded of the end of the first Cannonball Run film by that finish?

'Take it and win, Captain!'

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm actually hoping for a bit of a rain delay, because i'm not gonna be able to watch the first hour or so. :p

Still, anyone up for Skype/TBK Radio for the 500? Always seems to brighten the races.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Going to be an annoying twat and ask what time does this start?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:07 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

Yes you are, go right ahead! :D

Sorry! Couldn't resist. :p

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3854 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1103 104 105 106 107193 Next