TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1233 234 235 236 237261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ferrari are looking to appeal. They are evaluating footage. This isn't going away. It's just been announced on Five Live

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh for goodness sake.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Let the Ferrari fanboys commence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From BBC Sport website

Quote:
Ferrari want to establish whether there is enough evidence to lodge a protest that, if successful, could overturn the result of the world championship.

Ferrari are "evaluating footage" that appears to show Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel making an illegal overtaking move in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix.

Fernando Alonso lost the title by three points to Vettel after finishing second for Ferrari and the German seventh.

Governing body the FIA refused to confirm whether it was investigating.

Red Bull could not be reached.

The footage, from Vettel's on-board camera, appears to show the German passing Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne in a yellow 'caution' zone.

If that is the case, and any protest was upheld, it could mean Vettel would have 20 seconds added to his total race time. That would demote him to eighth place and make Alonso world champion by one point.

Alonso has posted a cryptic message on the social networking site Twitter that appears to be a reference to the situation.

He wrote in Spanish: "I don't believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of the correct rules."

Alonso is believed to be pushing Ferrari to make an official protest to the FIA.

However, the governing body does not need a protest from Ferrari to investigate further. In fact, its own rules appear to oblige it to do so.

Article 179b of the international sporting code says: "If, in events forming part of an FIA championship, a new element is discovered, whether or not the stewards of the meeting have already given a ruling, these stewards of the meeting or, failing this, those designated by the FIA must meet… summoning the party or parties concerned to hear any relevant explanations and to judge in the light of the facts and elements brought before them."

It adds: "The period during which an appeal in review may be brought expires on 30 November of the year during which the decision that is liable to review has been handed down, if that decision is likely to have an effect on the result of a championship."

That appears to give the FIA until Friday to resolve the situation one way or another.

A yellow zone - indicated by yellow flags and flashing trackside yellow lights - indicates that drivers must proceed with caution and overtaking is strictly forbidden.

If a driver is caught overtaking in a yellow-flag zone, the punishment is either to drive through the pits at restricted speed if the race is still under way, or 20 seconds added to a driver's race time if the incident takes place close to the end of the race or is investigated after the race.

The footage in question was not shown on the main global 'world feed' during the race as it was showing repeats of the start at the time.

However, it has since emerged on the video sharing site YouTube after audience members recorded it from extra channels of in-car footage, which was broadcasting from Vettel's on-board camera at the time.

The video - broadcast on the BBC's in-car channel - is embedded at the top of this article.

Drivers are also alerted to caution zones by an indicator on their car's dashboard display as they pass through the relevant area.

If there is any discrepancy between a driver's dashboard and the trackside indicators, the flags and lights take precedence - the display is meant solely as a further driver aid.

The footage clearly shows Vettel passing a flashing yellow light in Turn Two and another at the exit of Turn Three, after which he overtakes Vergne down the straight, completing the move before reaching a flashing green light, indicating the end of the yellow zone, before Turn Four.

The yellow flag indicator in his cockpit is on the whole time.

The rules dictate that the 'yellow' zone ends only when the driver passes the first 'green' indicator.

However, on the footage from Vettel's car it is not possible to see clearly the marshals' post that is situated on the inside of the track at the exit of the pit lane - after the yellow light at Turn Three.

It is possible that the marshal there was waving a green flag. If he was, the pass on Vergne would be legal and the result would stand.

A green flag is waved at that post as Vettel passes the Marussia of Charles Pic on lap three, but it is not clear whether it was still being waved on lap four.

The likelihood of any protest being lodged or of any action being taken depends on whether Ferrari or the FIA can establish whether there was a green flag waving at that marshals' post at that time.

If there was, the case will be closed and no further action will be taken. If there was not a green flag, it is highly likely that the case will go before the FIA Court of Appeal.

Under a strict interpretation of the rules, it would seem to have little option in that scenario to impose a penalty. But it may well feel it has to evaluate how much of an effect on the result of the race a drive-through penalty for Vettel at the time would have had.

BBC Sport asked the FIA:

- If the stewards of the Brazilian Grand Prix had investigated the incident in question during the race.

- If there was a green flag waved on lap four at the marshals' post on the inside of the track after the exit of Turn Three.

- If the FIA was now investigating the incident.

The FIA declined to comment.

And LOL at this...

Alonso on Twitter wrote:
"I don't believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of the correct rules."

Last edited by kals on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This is going to go round and round and round. Move on Ferrari. move on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

People (not on here) sometimes ask why I don't particularly like Ferrari.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The appeal has to be made by the 30th, for it to change the results, so it would have to be a quick decision whether they are going to appeal or not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Plenty of time to decide if they have enough evidence or not. Guess they weren't looking as close at Vettel as we all thought.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

See, the thing is - and as explained by several marshals on several different forums - you must always go by flags first and I'm pretty sure there was a green flag the corner before the overtake happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That would be funny at the FIA Gala.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's been said already.... what is Vettel supposed to do when a car simply lifts off ahead of him? Stand on the anchors and cause half a dozen cars behind to pile into him? Yeah ok...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 pm 

So, I'm hacking to work at 530 this morning, fast lane of the M25. A big pair of white xenons slowly pulls up behind me and I pull over to let them past. Brand new Infiniti Sebastien Vettel edition on german plates, with a very fresh faced 25 year old triple world champion behind the wheel, in his Red Bull Racing beanie hat. Mind Blown.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

On a different note, Kamui has set up a website where his fans can donate to help keep him in F1.

Japan only, unfortunately, although if it does go international my bank account will be pretty much emptied.

So far, it has raised over £600,000 after being online for just over a week.

Makes the companies who refuse to back him look rather offbeat.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 am 
The most anticipated member

Indeed, Vettel's overtake on Vergne is illegal...what to say? I better don't say anything, you guys draw you own conclusions.

Nevermind (video already posted in another thread).

But, we'll see what's happening. Honestly, Ferrari shouldn't protest. And If Alonso is forcing them to do so, then that shows suddenly Ferrari, the entire team, has become a hostage of a spanish guy. They seem to do everything Alonso says, and they do it with fear.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:
On a different note, Kamui has set up a website where his fans can donate to help keep him in F1.

Japan only, unfortunately, although if it does go international my bank account will be pretty much emptied.

So far, it has raised over £600,000 after being online for just over a week.

Makes the companies who refuse to back him look rather offbeat.

honestly, if i have to donate my money to someone in need i would not choose a f1 driver who wants to stay another year in f1. Mansell sold his home to pay for his seat back in the days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kamui also sold his home. He now lives in a studio flat in Paris.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If he dosen't get a F1 seat, I could imagine him making a very good living in FNippon or whatever it's called these days

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
that's quite unusual for a F1 driver to live in Paris. generally their paychecks can afford homes at Monaco and Switzerland, tax havens

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kart99 wrote:
If he dosen't get a F1 seat, I could imagine him making a very good living in FNippon or whatever it's called these days

F-Nippon changed it's name to Super Formula

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DanSN117 wrote:
So, I'm hacking to work at 530 this morning, fast lane of the M25. A big pair of white xenons slowly pulls up behind me and I pull over to let them past. Brand new Infiniti Sebastien Vettel edition on german plates, with a very fresh faced 25 year old triple world champion behind the wheel, in his Red Bull Racing beanie hat. Mind Blown.

:8: :8: :8: :8: that's awesome

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1233 234 235 236 237261 Next