TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1186 187 188 189 190261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
but Kimi has been constantly better than Grosjean, you can't even compare the two.

Well I wouldn't exactly say that, I haven't seen the qualifying split recently, but it's close to 50-50 isn't it? Grosjean was taken out in 2 of the first 3 races, then Monaco as well.

Even if you say Kimi is constantly beating Romain, I could guarantee that Kimi would've asked for a small fortune from Lotus to drive for them, and Romain is probably on minimum F1 wage, when you take that into account, it should be a Massa vs. Alonso scenario. That's my opinion anyway.

Apart from teammate comparison - what largely favors Alonso - we're talking about a driver who's just came back to F1 and is steady enough to lie in 3rd position at WDC. This with a car that has never been the fastest one of the field, with some good bids for the win, though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think both drivers are very good. Raikkonen is an astonishing talent in terms of raw speed and I've always rated Grosjean. Raikkonen's rustiness took a few races to wear off but he's taken six podiums and is 3rd in the championship. That represents a very good season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 am 
Permabanned

Kingfisher in trouble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Flexi-Wing debate is back:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103022

Quote:
McLaren has downplayed suggestions that its bid to win the world championship could be hit by a potential new FIA clampdown on flexi wings.

A report in respected German magazine Auto Motor Und Sport said that the FIA was set to investigate the designs of both the McLaren and Red Bull cars amid suggestions they were cleverly getting the front wings to rotate at high speed.

This would deliver a straight-line speed boost - and could potentially explain why the outfits were so dominant on the streets of Singapore a fortnight ago.

However, McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has denied talk that his outfit has had any dialogue with the FIA over the matter, and says there have been no indications any modifications need to be made to its cars.

"There have been no specific conversations to my knowledge," he said, when asked by AUTOSPORT in the pre-race Vodafone phone in media conderence if there had been talks with the FIA.

"That doesn't mean they haven't happened, but I think I would probably know," said Whitmarsh.

"I think the regulations require the wings to be rigid, but of course no wing or aerodynamic surface is infinitely rigid.

"From time to time questions and disputes arise between teams, who feel that other teams are too flexible or whatever. I don't envisage any particular problems for McLaren in that regard, and consequently I don't think that it is anything that will harm us."

Whitmarsh said it was essential that the FIA kept close tabs on front wing developments to ensure there was no repeat of the flexi wing controversies that have dogged the sport in recent years.

"I think the FIA technical department have to remain vigilant and be testing front wings, rear wings, and attachment systems all the time - to make sure that not only do they comply with the testing requirements of the regulations, but that the teams don't find other ingenious or creative ways to circumvent the intentions of the regulations," he said.

"From time to time many teams get spoken to by the FIA and are expected to correct a situation. But we're not in such a situation ourselves and I'm not aware, and I don't believe, that it is going to be an issue that will affect the championship."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm 
The most anticipated member

HSHman wrote:
Kingfisher in trouble
Ker_0Oe6Z3w

Good bye Force India. :wave:

Jordan, comeback!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:36 pm 
Permabanned

J.Morelli wrote:

Good bye Force India. :wave:

Jordan, comeback!

I Love Jordan F1!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38&start=2225#p592330

But how about Eddie? He would say "yes"?

I remember a Russian Jordan and it was not good
http://www.f1db.ru/q5998

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think Eddie's had enough of team management.

Anyway, it doesn't matter that Mallya's bankrupt; he knew this was coming, so he sold half the team to Sahara.

--------------------------------------

A journalist named Jordan Irvine has Tweeted that Schumacher will remain at Mercedes in a management role.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 am 
Permabanned

It was clear that Schumacher will leave, but why did he not say so on the press conference in Valencia. I expected this from him.
It was a good time and place for it.
He believed in another one podium? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

HSHman wrote:

I remember a Russian Jordan and it was not good
http://www.f1db.ru/q5998

that one became crapland......and then Spyker....and now Force India......and next year???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Official : Schumacher retires at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

deep down I wanted him to go to Ferrari, but I just hope he gets another good result before the years up, just a shame he's had so many technical failures, this year could have been so much different

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How epic would it be if he won the last race......

I'd even settle for a cycling-style finish if the season is already decided where the rest let him win......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 am 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

micha wrote:

I'd even settle for a cycling-style finish if the season is already decided where the rest let him win......

Even though I would love to see him win a race, I would never want him to see it win like that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks for the birthday present, Michael.

Seriously, though, this is another situation where everyone wins. Michael wins because he can now move onto something where he can do much better, whether that is in motorsport or outside. All of the under pressure drivers for next season win because there's now one less candidate for their seat, Felipe and Kamui in particular.

And finally, Rubens wins, because he gets to keep (for now) the one record that Michael didn't take the first time around.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Happy and sad Michael has retired but, now is the time for the young drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Will Buxton tweeted this earlier:
Quote:
Well that was interesting. Pastor Maldonado, on the record, just told me he might not be with Williams next year. Keeping options open.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm 

Lotus just announced that Nicolas Prost will do Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi

http://www.lotusf1team.com/French-Connection-Nicolas-Prost-to.html?lang=en

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LeonArtez wrote:
Lotus just announced that Nicolas Prost will do Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi

http://www.lotusf1team.com/French-Connection-Nicolas-Prost-to.html?lang=en

Really, he's little over 1 year younger than me !!! he's 31

It's called the young drivers test for fucks sakes!!

Next you know, rising star Micheal Schumacher will test for Mercedes!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 pm 

micha wrote:
Next you know, rising star Micheal Schumacher will test for Mercedes!!

Or Taki Inoue for Ferrari!

Taki Inoue @ Twitter wrote:
I'm ready for the replacement of Massa! I just need to paint my crash helmet!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm 

Normally I don't like this kind of official statements but this one was really worthy reading for me:

Quote:
Michael to leave Formula 1
Retirement at the end of the season - ”I am at ease with myself”

"I have decided to retire from Formula 1 at the end of the season, although I am still able to compete with the best drivers of the world. This is something that makes me proud, and this is part of why I never regretted my Comback. I can be happy with my performance and the fact that I was continuously raising my game during the last three years. But then, at some point it is time to say Good-Bye.

Already during the past weeks and months I was not sure if I would still have the motivation and energy which is necessary to go on; and it is not my style to do anything which I am not 100% convinced about. With today’s decision I feel released from those doubts. In the end, it is not my ambition to just drive around but to fight for victories; and the pleasure of driving is nourished by competitiveness.

I have said at the end of 2009 that I want to be measured by my success, and this is why I had a lot of critizism in the past 3 years which partly was justified. It is without doubt that we did not achieve our goal to develop a world championship fighting car within those 3 years. It is also without doubt that I cannot provide a long term perspective to anyone. But then it is also clear that I can still be very happy about my overall achievements in Formula 1.

In the past 6 years I have learned a lot, also about me, and I am thankful for it: for example, that you can open yourself up without losing focus. That losing can be both more difficult and more instructive than winning; something I had lost out of sight sometimes in earlier years. That you have to appreciate to be able to do what you love. That you have to live your convictions. I have opened my horizon, and I am at ease with myself.

I would like to thank Daimler, Mercedes-Benz and the Team for their trust. But I also would like to thank all my friends, partners and companions, who over many good years in motorsport supported me. But most of all I would like to thank my family for standing always by my side, giving me the freedom to live my convictions and sharing my joy."

http://www.michael-schumacher.de/sites/en/news/news.html

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1186 187 188 189 190261 Next