TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

phil1993 wrote:
I don't have this confirmed, but apparently on the final day of Mugello testing, Ferrari will put Perez in the car in the afternoon session.

[lameconspiracytheorymode] Obviously that's his reward for not overtaking Alonso in Malaysia [/lameconspiracytheorymode]#

Still, if it turns out to be true, Ferrari aren't really the best at motivating underperforming drivers are they?

I'm sure Felipe needs some attention and ego massaging rather than threatening with replacemnt, but hey ho, seems like he's fighting against the tide at the moment.

Will be nice to see him racing with Rubens next year though I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Still, if it turns out to be true, Ferrari aren't really the best at motivating underperforming drivers are they?

They may not even bother of motivating Massa anymore. Maybe they got sick of it and are already thinking about 2013, what doesn't seem to be a bad idea at all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

McLaren fielding Paffett and Turvey in the in-season test. Seems a strange decision.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:44 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:
in-season test

What is that? 8O

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:39 pm 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

Everyone (I'm presuming all teams) are testing at Mugello 1-3 May...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It was announced today Formula Futuro - the racing series created by Massa to be the first step at the open wheels for brazilian drivers - has been ceased.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

EAS wrote:
It was announced today Formula Futuro - the racing series created by Massa to be the first step at the open wheels for brazilian drivers - has been ceased.

It really hasn't been his year has it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

"Formula Futuro, now you can become the next Felipe Massa!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is it bad that I'd never even heard of Formula Futuro?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Is it bad that I'd never even heard of Formula Futuro?

No, it isn't. This series wasn't exactly successful.

With the end of F-Renault in 2006 (Which had been brought to Brazil by Pedro Paulo Diniz) there was a gap in the brazilian open wheel series. Drivers had to leave karting and go right to South-American F-3. Then Massa decided to help putting his prestige behind a new series to help in the development of young drivers. He announced the series in 2008, right after the end of the season and the first season happened in 2010.

Unfortunately the series only lasted two seasons. The end of the series cannot be seen as a surprise. The company which organized the series claimed it had financial losses with the importing of cars from France and hiring of staffs for the teams. The field had at most 12 cars, usually 7 or 8 in most races and the series failed to attract the interest from public and sponsors.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 am 
The most anticipated member

EAS wrote:

To be very honest with you, Formula Future (it's known as Formula Abarth in some countries) was a fail since its first year.

You know what Massa's father said? "It failed because there isn't enough drivers on the market". And you know why there are few drivers around? Because there isn't any great national idol in Formula One that may become an example (with the exception of Bruno who's basically "starting right now"). You think our children see any example in Felipe Massa? They watch Massa on TV and say, "father I hate Formula 1, I'll play football, I want to be like Neymar and Messi."

That's why Formula Future didn't work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I disagree, tbh. I think Ayrton Senna must be enough to attract new drivers. F-Future had a low cost, but in fact it's hard to do something with few drivers coming from kart and in this situation I perfectly see what the organizers say.

One of the best generations of brazilian kart drivers came up right in late 90's, when Brazil had at most Barrichello in the middle of the field and it leaded F-Renault to good seasons in the first two years of series here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Scotty wrote:
J.Morelli wrote:
And you know why there are few drivers around? Because there isn't any great national idol in Formula One that may become an example.

So that bloke called Ayrton Senna, wasn't much chop was he?

Nor that Piquet bloke? Or that one with the muttonchops?

Brazil has one of the greatest F1 prestiges of any country, except maybe Scotland or Germany. Current situation has nothing to do with it. Unless Brazil is so narrow-minded that they are just bandwagon-ers.

I imagine he was talking about current day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
J.Morelli wrote:
And you know why there are few drivers around? Because there isn't any great national idol in Formula One that may become an example.

So that bloke called Ayrton Senna, wasn't much chop was he?

Nor that Piquet bloke? Or that one with the muttonchops?

Brazil has one of the greatest F1 prestiges of any country, except maybe Scotland or Germany. Current situation has nothing to do with it. Unless Brazil is so narrow-minded that they are just bandwagon-ers.

Although I think Emmo, Piquet and Senna are good reasons to make someone go racing (and we even have cases like Pizzonia, who was a boy who never cared about F1 but got into motorsport by chance), I cannot say the statement regarding bandwagoners is false for Brazil.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The days of Senna and Piquet are too long ago to still draw young Brazilians to motorsport I guess. They are just not covered by (mass) media anylonger, unlike current succesfull drivers who make it in the news once a week and get covered by magazines and what so ever. Germany on the other side had Schumacher, during his dominating period all those now in F1 active drivers started their motorsport career, like Vettel, Hülkenberg or Sutil. So I guess it really makes a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 am 
The most anticipated member

Misterfreeman87 wrote:
The days of Senna and Piquet are too long ago to still draw young Brazilians to motorsport I guess. They are just not covered by (mass) media anylonger, unlike current succesfull drivers who make it in the news once a week and get covered by magazines and what so ever. Germany on the other side had Schumacher, during his dominating period all those now in F1 active drivers started their motorsport career, like Vettel, Hülkenberg or Sutil. So I guess it really makes a difference.

That's exactly what I meant. Some of the new generation kids already don't know much about Senna like past generations. You have to explain who Senna was, like 10 years ago you didn't need to explain, nowadays you need. And even If they understand and search about Senna, it's not like living while Senna was racing...I have the privilege to say I saw Ayrton Senna, it belongs to my childhood.

Felipe Massa belongs to the new generation childhoods and he doesn't transmit any emotion in his awful races, that's simple.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 am 

Scotty wrote:
Ospi wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Current situation has nothing to do with it.

I imagine he was talking about current day.

Read before you post.
I did and he has confirmed what i thought in his post above. Current day has everything to do with it anyway, we are talking 20 years ago with the drivers who meant something to that country...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
Current day has nothing to do with it, as I said, unless the legacy of what, 8 world champions and countless more drivers capable of winning is completely forgotten. Are they just so narrow minded that they only get onboard when someone from their country is successful? Their culture reeks of Spain's, couldn't give the slightest shit about motorsport until Criville came along in the 500's in the mid-90's and Alonso in the 00's.

Bandwagon jumpers.

Welcome to the modern world mate......heritage? What the fuck is that!!! Is that the new Beiber song?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
Current day has nothing to do with it, as I said, unless the legacy of what, 8 world champions and countless more drivers capable of winning is completely forgotten. Are they just so narrow minded that they only get onboard when someone from their country is successful? Their culture reeks of Spain's, couldn't give the slightest shit about motorsport until Criville came along in the 500's in the mid-90's and Alonso in the 00's.

Bandwagon jumpers.

Current day has everything to do with it. Are you honestly suggesting that countries don't have increased interest in sports when there is someone from the nation competing, and then a bigger increase when they are successful? You can call that narrow minded if you want, but is it any more narrow minded than supporting someone simply because they were born in the same arbitrary piece of land as you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

StanV wrote:
"Formula Futuro, now you can become the next Felipe Massa!"

lololol

this post is funny

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92261 Next