TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Or maybe all the teams bar HRT and Marussia boycott and we're left with an exciting 4 car race where we have no finishers due to mechanical issues/spins. :D

But that probably won't even happen in the first place. It'll be all teams or no teams.

Now if we had the former Andrea Moda F1 team still on the grid, then yes, I could see them putting their mechanics and drivers at risk for a win...not that their cars would've finished but...

Last edited by iks on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

phil1993 wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:

A slightly charred Citroen C4 with a damaged front?

You sure it didn't belong to an S. Ogier of France?

Anyway, I'm still not convinced this will go ahead. I think the teams will put their foot down.

I believe that the Citroen was not the bomb. Just another picture from Manama.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:37 pm 

You guys are all wrong. That Citroen spontaneously combusted (as they all do), and the poor gent in the foreground is trying to put the fire out, only finding himself not holding a bottle of water, but a bottle of liquor!

acopip wrote:
from Bahrain..

Looks like an Instagram picture :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Please, tell me the FIA is not making wrong decisons again...

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

acopip wrote:
from Bahrain..

Great opportunity for Bernie to begin a new ad campaign for lighters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alright, let's get back to the really important news.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/13/seba ... film-debu/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:51 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

This whole Bahrain thing is absolutely ridiculous. I know that money is money, but come on, common sense has to come in somewhere. I mean they throw a safety car out if it rains hard due to safety concerns for the twenty-four drivers because they's a (slight) risk of being injured/killed, yet they want to have a race in an unstable country, where the thousands upon thousands of people involved with the sport are at very high risk. Potential for a catastrophe in my mind.

I mean sure, Bahrain could go fine: no one gets hurt nor killed, the race goes well, and Bernie makes his beloved money, but why risk it? If you cancel, then yes there will be disappointment among the fans and probably some damage to the sport itself (not as much as there could be if they do go), and there will be money lost, but I'm sure most of the drivers, teams and media will be relieved. I love F1 and always will and love to watch races but there is just too much potential for disaster if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

so basically the message formula1 is sending to the world is "we dont want to lose money so we dont fucking care about human rights", i think im not going to watch the race anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 pm 
The most anticipated member

And it's absolutely shocking, disrespectful and disgusting what Martin Whitmarsh (on a fit of profound, PROFOUND ignorance) has just said today.

He compared Bahrain with São Paulo, saying that going to Bahrain is as safe as going to São Paulo, so there wouldn't be troubles at all on going to Bahrain. I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT!

I strongly suggest Whitmarsh to read more Newspapers, read more, get informed about the World around him, because that's clearly a big lack of information. What parameters did he use to make such horrible comparison? That Jenson Button episode? I'm sorry but what happened some years ago would have HAPPENED to any World Metropolis that exceeds 15 million people, besides they were driving on a place they shouldn't be once Interlagos' vicinity isn't naturally safe at all, it's a poor region in the outskirts of São Paulo southern metropolitan region, that DOES NOT reflect the city's normal standards of safety!

If only he compared Bahrain with Rio de Janeiro (we won't deny that Rio is a violent place sometimes, specially when there are confrontations gangs versus gangs or gangs versus police) it would be a reasonable comparison. Yet this way a very disrespectful one. Now compare Bahrain with SÃO PAULO???? Jesus f*cking Christ! I'm absolutely sending an e-mail to this guy, what the fuck are you thinking?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It touched a nerve, apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well at least J.Morelli isn't blaming jews this time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 am 

São Paulo is not even in the infamous list of the 50 most dangerous cities in the World. To make a comparison, in this list of 50 most dangerous cities of the World, you got some "supposed first World cities" like Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans and Baltimore.

It's ridiculously stupid to make a lame comparison of Bahrain on a bloody civil war with one of the Worlds most improving cities in terms of safety like São Paulo. I'm right to feel offended, it's not because I live in São Paulo, it's all about facts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

It's also a fact that team members have been held up at gunpoint at Sau Paulo, and equipment goes missing every year there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Plus F1 actually races in Sao Paulo, not Detroit, St. Louis, New Orleans, Baltimore or Rio. So comparing it to any of them would be kind of pointless.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 am 

ellis wrote:
It's also a fact that team members have been held up at gunpoint at Sau Paulo, and equipment goes missing every year there.

The missing equipments have never been proved to be a local criminal event (there are several doubts about it because the race course safety is one of the best in the World). About the shooting, it happened on the surrounding areas of Interlagos race course, it's a dangerous place (all Formula One workers are warned about it) traffic jam on that region is also horrible and drivers are recommended to use Helicopters....If you go out with your car late at night there, you must know that it's dangerous, by the way, it's as dangerous as Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, Mexico City and even New York on the outskirts of those cities. Try to go out on those places loaded of flashy valuable objects in the wrong place and time to see what happens. It's no exclusivity from São Paulo (by the way no exclusivity in any latin-american city).

Take Bernie Ecclestone's example, robbed and beaten in England, go ask him If he's experienced that in São Paulo.

And what happens on Interlagos neighborhood, like I said, does not reflect the normal safety standards of the Metropolis. Interlagos is an unfortunate exception that happens to host one of Worlds most sophisticated racing series.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:44 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I think the point is:

Wherever F1 turns up, its a target for some nasty people, and all places have nasty people so why should we race anywhere if we're scared of nasty people.

F1 has been a victim of quite a lot of crime in Brazil but that's very different to the Bahrain situation, because the Brazil situation is a minority of criminals spoiling it for everyone else where, in Bahrain you can allege the criminals are the ones in government subjugated their citizens and suppressing anyone who protests against them

Or everything is fine and nothing is wrong and the money will still flow into Bernie's purse...whatever.

Just wish F1 would give the whole hornets nest a wide berth tbh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There's a lot of fear concerning safety in São Paulo, even though the stories I can remember weren't actual safety issues - i.e. Guys from Jaguar thought part their equipment was stolen while they had simply forgotten it in a corner or the safety staff hired by McLaren deciding do pretend someone was going to shoot their car just to impress them. But there's a reputation already built and I cannot say I am happy to hear that.

However, this just shows people in paddock give a damn to what happens around then. If a genocide be needed for the race to be held, it doesn't seem to affect people there if they remain untouched. That's scaring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:49 am 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

Anyone notice Eric boulier looks quite like frank sidebottom?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It's just too easy to condemn the GP in Bahrain. If F1 would only race in countries which don't have a tainted history, then F1 wouldn't be racing anywhere. Look at the media attention it brings to those bastards of the government of Bahrain. It got quiet about the protests, now it's in all the news again and being discussed. So the GP in Bahrain does actually work against the government, showcasing their cruelty and what not.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Meanwhile in Bahrain...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90261 Next