TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 61261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
Yes, it's terribly sad that Kubica escaped from a horrible accident with his life.

Yes, cause that's exactly what he meant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But you've clearly missed the point. People keep moaning that its so sad that Kubica's career maybe over and that he's unable to do some normal stuff, like holding a glass. But let's consider the bigger picture here. He was lucky to escape with his life. And he has a life. And he has amazing care available to him that will help him recover to the best of his ability. I'm just happy that his accident in February didn't make the 2011 Black Thread. Quit whining about his career, there are plenty of other talented racing drivers out there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like a deal to share the Spanish GP is done

Montmeló: 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019
Valencia : 2014, 2016, 2018

Good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:21 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
But you've clearly missed the point. People keep moaning that its so sad that Kubica's career maybe over and that he's unable to do some normal stuff, like holding a glass. But let's consider the bigger picture here. He was lucky to escape with his life. And he has a life. And he has amazing care available to him that will help him recover to the best of his ability. I'm just happy that his accident in February didn't make the 2011 Black Thread. Quit whining about his career, there are plenty of other talented racing drivers out there.

I get your point and we should all be happy that he is still among us, but the fact that he can barely hold a glass is way less positive than earlier reports. And obviously that's very sad to read, even beside the question if he can ever race or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Mika Kimi wrote:
kals wrote:

I get your point and we should all be happy that he is still among us, but the fact that he can barely hold a glass is way less positive than earlier reports. And obviously that's very sad to read, even beside the question if he can ever race or not.

AND we all rather see him behind a wheel of F1 car today than trying to grab a hold on something. He is talented racer, now probably a lost talent, and used to amaze us so often with his driving. Even though Kubica didn't lose his life, he didn't really gain anything in his rallying accident. And what we racing fans lost was a great driver from the pack. That's the reason why it's sad.

Sure we can be happy that he's alive. I'm happy that I'm alive today, but it doesn't feel like I've won the lottery, so to speak.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would kick Valencia for good. Even with the new rules as we saw last year there is no hope for racing/overtaking on that track.
Track is total failure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:29 pm 

nea wrote:
Algesuari made mention that Kubica still can even hold a drinks can in his right hand. Kubica's career looks to be over which is awful. Still, at least he escaped with his life.

I missed that. When did he claim such thing? Maybe it was a long ago because I think I read somethings on the opposite of that in the end of last year. :o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.google.com/search?q=alguesu ... =firefox-a

All very recent articles on the subject.

NVirkkula wrote:
AND we all rather see him behind a wheel of F1 car today than trying to grab a hold on something. He is talented racer, now probably a lost talent, and used to amaze us so often with his driving. Even though Kubica didn't lose his life, he didn't really gain anything in his rallying accident. And what we racing fans lost was a great driver from the pack. That's the reason why it's sad.

Sure we can be happy that he's alive. I'm happy that I'm alive today, but it doesn't feel like I've won the lottery, so to speak.

I get that it's a loss for racing fans, it is. But too many people are labouring on the negative. Every year we lose GREAT talents due to injury, loss of life or lack of budget to continue their career. Its a sad fact of the sport. But Robert is still alive AND we've seen a good exciting career up to his accident. Let's appreciate that rather than moaning about the loss. I don't see people saying "oh if only Marco Simoncelli was riding still", yet there are continuous "if onlys" about Kubica over a year later.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:35 pm 

I thought this was some old minor rumour which would be quite hard to find on google. Just found it on atlas recent comments tbh, but thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
I agree that Massa will likely not see out the season but Kubica WILL NOT BE BACK. It's laughable that people still believe he's going to make a full recovery. And enough of a recovery to be fit again for F1.

Well from the start I have doubted he would return but there have been rumors about Kubica testing for Ferrari later this season.
Besides Sutil, Kubica, if fit, would have been the only viable option to replace Massa with at this particular moment. Maybe Jaime Alguersuari as well.....
The rest just isn't that much of an improvement. Even Fisichella had problems being up to speed. And I rate hem descent.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Even Fisichella had problems being up to speed. And I rate hem descent.

About that, I think it was more due to the car with KERS than anything else. Fisico went from almost winning the '09 Belgian GP to backmarker in the Ferrari. Same with Badoer, who for years was up to pace on testing, having thousand of miles on the cars. With the testing limit, he never got a hang of the car and it was clearly seen in the races.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:29 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mika Kimi wrote:
kals wrote:

to me the very good thing is that his arm and his hand werent amputated and that is a massive achievement. If he is no more a F1 driver, its certanly a sad news cause he was awesome driver but in the end it doesnt really matter. Just to remember what he escaped:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:13 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Really was such a freak accident. Pity we will not see him in an F1 car again (likely) but I hope he still continues racing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
I don't see people saying "oh if only Marco Simoncelli was riding still"

Maybe cos you're in the F1 forum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hilarious. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

PR from Williams this morning, I guess it's good.

Quote:
9 March, 2012. Grove, UK. Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC (WGPH, Ticker: WGF1) today announced the Group’s results for the year ended 31 December 2011. WGPH is the holding company of the Williams group of companies, which includes Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited and Williams Hybrid Power Limited.

On a like for like basis the core business, which combines the traditional Formula One business and diversification using our Formula One derived IP, has seen turnover increase from £90.8m to £102.3m, and EBIT increase from £8.2m to £9.8m. This has driven an overall Group turnover of £104.5m (2010: £91m) and an EBIT increase of 20.6% to £7.6m.

The results of the investment businesses, Williams Hybrid Power and Williams Technology Centre Qatar, are growing as expected and are in line with the board’s long-term business plan.

Our key figures are:

Overall Group results
• Turnover increased by 14.8% to £104.5m (2010: £91m)
• EBIT up 20.6% from £6.3m (2010) to £7.6m
• Net profit up 30% from £6.0m to £7.8m
• Earnings per share up by 34.6% from 60.26 pence to 81.10 pence

Core business results:
• Turnover increased by 12.7% to £102.3m (2010: £90.8m)
• EBIT up by 19.5% from £8.2m (2010) to £9.8m
• Net profit up 24.7% from £7.7m to £9.6m

Investment business results:
• The Williams Technology Centre Qatar (WTCQ) EBIT improved in line with expectation: -£0.3m from -£0.8m in 2010
• Williams Hybrid Power (WHP) turnover up from £0.2m (2010) to £2.1m, with WHP EBIT as expected: -£1.9m (2010: -£1.1m), due to significant ongoing R&D investments

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
Let's appreciate that rather than moaning about the loss. I don't see people saying "oh if only Marco Simoncelli was riding still", yet there are continuous "if onlys" about Kubica over a year later.

I fully agree with your first sentence but the fact that people 'moan' about the loss has to do with the talent of Kubica. I can't judge Simoncelli's talent since I don't follow MotoGP that much, but perhaps I can compare it with Senna and Ratzenberger; both died that weekend but does anyone wonder what could have been if Ratzenberger would still be alive? No, I guess nobody does. Whilst many do ask this question with Senna. I think it's natural for us to feel sad if a talent can't race anymore because of incidents like this, even if they have survived it like Kubica.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2755 ... paign=news

Barcelona and Valencia to alternate from next year starting with Barcelona

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One shit circuit instead of 2, good result.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:50 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

phil1993 wrote:
Here's why De Villota's move isn't good for F1
http://www.f1zone.net/news/formula-one- ... man/12833/

Also, something struck me when I was writing a season preview: HRT's title is actually HRT F1 team, which means they are 'Hispania Racing Team Formula One Team' :lol:

Nicely written.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 157 58 59 60 61261 Next