TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21

The 2011 Sprint Cup Series Champion will be...
Carl Edwards 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
Tony Stewart 80%  80%  [ 49 ]
Total votes: 61
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Cartman wrote:
Fg7FXmE1Rds

Has anybody heard about the bird?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
I just knew when Carl had to waste the good off his tires passing Brad, it was over. Him and Tony were getting 10/10 out of their cars and that hold-up made all the difference. That really blows but that's racing.

Funny you mention that, I was thinking about that this morning. Also, when the 99 pitted to top it off with fuel; I know they could only put so much fuel in, but them putting on four tires instead of just two could have made a difference, as well. They were out on those left sides for a good 10 laps or so, and Tony's were nice and fresh from having pitted later.

If they would have sprung for the lefts as well, he would have lost two positions MAX, if that.

Of course, as Dave Mustaine once said; "Hindsight is always 20\20, but lookin' back, it's still a bit fuzzy!"

Ha it sure is. What I'll remember most is the risks Tony took both on track and in the pits with the fuel gamble. Carl played it a bit more conservative all race just like all year and it didn't work out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alright, now that we're quoting Dave fucking Mustaine, I think the thread has plunged itself into the side of a mountain. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally watched the race, and what a superb race it was, even knowing pretty much everything. Tony's driving was legendary, I just can't believe at the things he has done. That reminded me why he was my favourite driver other than Gordon when I was little.
Edwards drove well, but to win against that Stewart you must have shown something more then well.

I assume NASCAR is very happy: ratings are up again, a fan favourite won the championship and yes, sadly, the chase worked.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:35 am 

Location: Columbus, OH [Member since Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:51 am ]
Kurt Busch is the biggest piece of s**** in racing . I swear hes a worse c**t than his brother IMO. He always tries to portray himself as the intellectual nice guy, but the reality is quite different. What a d***

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:18 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Funny thing is that one tries to outdo the other through different means.

In my opinion, both Busch brothers are shit. I tried liking Kurt...really, I do. Fat chance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:35 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Quote:
NASCAR has fined Kurt Busch $50,000 for his actions during the Nov. 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. NASCAR determined that Kurt Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing  inappropriate hand gesture; abusive language) of the 2011 NASCAR Rule Book. In issuing the penalty, NASCAR cited Kurt Busch's "poor judgment in making an inappropriate hand gesture" when he drove his car into the garage early in the race after it experienced transmission problems. In addition, NASCAR said Kurt Busch showed "disrespect towards a media member," an incident that followed similar inappropriate media confrontations earlier in the season.(NASCAR)(11-25-2011)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 407 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21