TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous 149 50 51 52 53 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:03 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Did feel like I was watching a race in about 1974 during that whole escapade.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 am 

Very good, one of the best Hungarian GPs in last years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:02 am 

Echti wrote:
An 8, but I was thinking about giving it a 7.
Why?? Well the racing is exceptional this year, no doubt about it. But I'm missing a bit more action in case of crashes or drama. It's not that I'm it watching F1 just because I want to see accidents. But years ago with conditions like this today in Hungary it was sure that some of the smaller teams could gain some points because there were more collisions, failures and so on. Today we only had 4 retirements. Actually that is nothing for a race like that.
The racing is good but also remarkably clean. We only had two races that saw a Safety Car. That is a an amazingly low amount.
The entertainment value this year is high but I would like to have a little bit more drama.

I kind of like the clean racing. With the various pit/tire strategies being used this year, I think it adds enough excitement. This was even more true this week as a drying racetrack also added to the drama. I give it a 9 for good racing throughout the day, some mistakes and drama, and a welcome winner, if not predictable given the circumstances.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:37 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fergie wrote:
Pierrot wrote:
pedronul wrote:
this race probably fucked championship chances for lewis

Yeah well, he can only blame himself. He needs to grow up a bit.

He needs to grow up because he spun in tricky conditions then apologises in the interview? Ok then.

I wrote the comment before the interview.
I still think that Hamilton needs to grow up in his head, you can't assume, after one interview where he apologised, that he suddenly got mature.
Also, he did screw up his own race by spinning and then acting like an idiot in front of Di Resta.

That amateur video of Heidfeld's car burning is quite amazing.
What's more amazing is the total lack of competence coming from Charlie Whiting who decides to bring a safety car out when it's not always justified and who, on this very dangerous situation, didn't seem to worry about the marshalls' safety (who had to extinghuish the fire, clean the track and get rid of the car)
Just like Bernie, Whiting is getting old, it's really time to let someone else younger take over.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Scotty wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Helmut Marko telling australian media that Webber will retire at the end of 2012.

Yeah pretty much, saw it on the coverage when he was interviewed by Tom Clarkson (?) he expected Webber would at the least leave the team at the end of 2012, and a Red Bull young driver, probably Ricciardo will take his seat. Succession plan is already drawn out it seems.

Good to see Ricciardo beat Liuzzi, quite comfortably last night, just hope Liuzzi didn't have any problems and he beat him on pace, at the end of the first lap he was 13 seconds behind him, must have spun or hit a wall I'm guessing.

Apparently he was hit up the arse which upset the balance for the rest of the race. That being said Ricciardo is improving all the time and seems to be within a tenth or so on raw pace now, pretty good effort! He passed Luizzi on track during the race as well, must have felt good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I understand the remark about so little retirements. It seems the smaller teams will never be able to get any points. Drivers can make mistakes with the run off areas, the cars (engines) are way too reliable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe Charlie has something against the Safety Car this year, because IIRC we've only had it deployed in 2 races (Monaco & Canada).

I don't know how long it'll be before someone gets hurt because we had a car exploding and a car spinning in the pits.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:42 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

A 9,because i didnt see much of the race on my job,but the parts i saw it it was exceptional. But a bit more drama in case of collisions and crashes,like in Canada,would be ideal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ospi wrote:
Scotty wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Helmut Marko telling australian media that Webber will retire at the end of 2012.

Yeah pretty much, saw it on the coverage when he was interviewed by Tom Clarkson (?) he expected Webber would at the least leave the team at the end of 2012, and a Red Bull young driver, probably Ricciardo will take his seat. Succession plan is already drawn out it seems.

Good to see Ricciardo beat Liuzzi, quite comfortably last night, just hope Liuzzi didn't have any problems and he beat him on pace, at the end of the first lap he was 13 seconds behind him, must have spun or hit a wall I'm guessing.

Apparently he was hit up the arse which upset the balance for the rest of the race. That being said Ricciardo is improving all the time and seems to be within a tenth or so on raw pace now, pretty good effort! He passed Luizzi on track during the race as well, must have felt good.

Considering its a HRT, a collision should have probably improved the balance :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Liuzzi lost 13 seconds after lap 1 but Ricciardo did end up beating him by like 40-50 seconds, but add an extra pit stop to Liuzzi. FP3 he was almost 0.8 faster, in qualifying Liuzzi nailed in the lap on the very last of his efforts and managed to beat Ricciardo by 0.1. Ricciardo has been quite solid no doubt. Hes progressed everytime hes been in the car and I think now he can properly challenge Liuzzi, and will probably start beating him more often than not if it's only taken him 2-3 races. Hes just got to get used to everything in F1 like the tyres, DRS, KERS and being in HRT dealing with traffic where racing at the back you can lose lots of time which hes never done before until F1 since hes always been in the winning end in junior categories. I think im correct saying hes never spun an F1 car too? STR and HRT he hasn't from what i've seen but could be wrong. That's quite a good stat if true haha.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

No zero votings this time...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why HAM didnt get penalty in GP2 back in 2006 when he spun on 2nd lap of turkey race (u know the race where he made a great comeback to finish 2nd) and there were more than just 1 car coming to him and he was spinning around. But times have changed..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://twitter.com/#!/RacecarEngineer
Quote:
In case you have not heard - the R31 explosion was a nitrogen bottle bursting, the engine problem was a double exhaust failure..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 pm 

7. Not bad at all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
It's Hamilton. Lewis Hamilton. Not HAM. Might be irrational but I find it reprehensibly stupid abbreviating it.

And when he span that time, he put himself into a stupid amount of risk, but didn't force anyone off the track, which is what he was quite clearly was penalised for last night, so I do not understand how you can even compare the two.

Will say though that Di Resta may have exaggerated it slightly, didn't really have to run completely off the track, looked like there was space, but I guess I'd rather over do it than under do it and hit him.

Actually, now that I watched it again, Lewis blocked the racing line after his spin and made room by his move. When he made the U-turn he cleared the racing line and di Resta played it safe and threw himself off the track.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Plus di Resta had no idea Hamilton would be able to spin the car around in such a tight space. For all Paul knew, Hamilton could've skidded right into his path by applying a tad too much throttle. And that would've made for a scary accident at that angle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently there was no SC for Heidfeld's incident as deploying the SC would have resulted in more cars exiting the pitlane, closer to the incident.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

phil1993 wrote:
Apparently there was no SC for Heidfeld's incident as deploying the SC would have resulted in more cars exiting the pitlane, closer to the incident.

Closing the pitlane for a couple of laps, while under Safety Car, to let the marshalls do their job in safe conditions would have been possible, especially since there was no chance for any of the cars to run out of fuel. So, whoever made this declaration isn't really credible, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tobias wrote:

could you share this picture with us dear girl? :)

sure! but unfortunately i am not at home now (holiday) so you need to wait for it a bit :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Also, don't want to be stupid in anyway, but it's good seeing front runners spinning regularly. Front running drivers have been far too perfect for far too long.

I was disappointed there was no SC more because Alonso and Webber at the time were fastest in 4th and 5th, and could've made the race at the front amazing exciting. But I remember at one stage a girl was running on the track at the pit exit as cars were accelerating out of the pits, that's just not on, particularly the towing car pulling the Heidfeld's car against the flow of racing traffic, I almost freaked when I saw Vettel slide out of the lane as it came backwards towards him.

Yeah, that requires a SC by today's standards. Though I loved how the whole event had that refreshing old-school look to it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1045 posts ]  Go to page Previous 149 50 51 52 53 Next