TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 992 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:21 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

So the narrow pitlane everyone was worried about caused 1 incident in the GP2 race and 1 in the F1 race...

Scary moments, both, but not really more than you'd see at most other racetracks...

Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
Oh look it's the guy who is contrary just for the sake of it judging others....

Horner did clearly say he was using the undercut...they know one of their drivers can't overtake so they have to use the pitlane to cover his blindspot.

Nah, just tired of you coming into F1 threads and whining constantly whilst talking bullshit, frankly. You actually just moaned the teams are smart. The drivers can't overtake (I guess you missed Barcelona...and this race, right?), but the team on the pit wall need to be MORE STUPID by your suggestion. I'm sure the team leading both champions by a country mile should take your suggestion on race strategy.

Magnifico wrote:
Red Bull also say one thing but act out another. Why deny Mark the chance? They had a 2-3 finish whatever the order. I'm glad he ignored the order since I don't expect him in an RBR next year.

I expect Webber to remain in Red Bull. Surely, he mess up at least once in all weekends(today on the start) but he has almost the same speed as Vettel and bring lots of points to the team unlike Massa who damages Ferrari in the WCC. I think Mark suits perfectly to what Markko/Horner wants, someone who is not a real threat to Vettel but close enough to score big points.

Also, who would they put in Mark's seat? Ricciardo?? Apart from Alonso, if there are happy drivers after this weekend, they are the Toro Rosso ones. One can bash HRT as much as he wants, or can say how this was only the first race of Daniel or a thousand more excuses, but the fact is that he was far from Liuzzi in qualifying and race. I'm not saying the guy is rubbish or whatever, he can be a world champion some day but today many of the hype and huge expectations towards him were diminished by many, I suppose.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ricciardo doesn't sound Australian at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Artur Craft wrote:
One can bash HRT as much as he wants, or can say how this was only the first race of Daniel or a thousand more excuses, but the fact is that he was far from Liuzzi in qualifying and race. I'm not saying the guy is rubbish or whatever, he can be a world champion some day but today many of the hype and huge expectations towards him were diminished by many, I suppose.

If anyone's making that kind of judgement after one race, then they need their head examining.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:24 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Oh look it's the guy who is contrary just for the sake of it judging others....

Horner did clearly say he was using the undercut...they know one of their drivers can't overtake so they have to use the pitlane to cover his blindspot.

Nah, just tired of you coming into F1 threads and whining constantly whilst talking bullshit, frankly. You actually just moaned the teams are smart. The drivers can't overtake (I guess you missed Barcelona...and this race, right?), but the team on the pit wall need to be MORE STUPID by your suggestion. I'm sure the team leading both champions by a country mile should take your suggestion on race strategy.

I'm just a fan, I don't have a direct line to the pitlane, so don't pretend for one moment the teams can hear my ranting or give a tiny shit if they could, sorry for wanting to see action on track over "racing" in pit lane, but I'm tired of great close battling being ruined by teams that are scared of contact on track so take the safe option by bringing the cars in.

I'm tired of you acting like a giant arse to everyone in pretty much every thread with your pretentious superior attitude, but you don't see me quoting your posts trying to make myself feel superior.

I have a different view of the sport to yours, deal with it

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:25 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

The only criticism I have of Daniel was he almost took out Webber by trying to be kind when being lapped. But I guess that's inexperience. He's run at the front of every series he's raced and has no experience of being lapped properly. He did what he should have done today. Got it round the track, didn't put it in the wall and didn't do anything too stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
I'm tired of you acting like a giant arse to everyone in pretty much every thread with your pretentious superior attitude, but you don't see me quoting your posts trying to make myself feel superior.

The difference between you and me is I don't pretend I'm not an arse. You're under the impression that you somehow aren't. So go moan about a team being smart elsewhere, whilst the rest of us enjoy one of, or perhaps even the best F1 seasons that many of us have ever witnessed. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Tut-tut Eddie, don't go all American on us, it's The Open - no British.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:29 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

The difference between you and me is I don't pretend I'm not an arse. You're under the impression that you somehow aren't. So go moan about a team being smart elsewhere, whilst the rest of us enjoy one of, or perhaps even the best F1 seasons that many of us have ever witnessed. 8)

It's the internet, we're all arses until proven otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:32 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Also, one last thing, can Brundle PLEASE drop the "look, but never stare" catchphrase from the race start....

So cringeworthy it's almost James Allen level of lame.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:33 pm 

Tamburello94 wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
One can bash HRT as much as he wants, or can say how this was only the first race of Daniel or a thousand more excuses, but the fact is that he was far from Liuzzi in qualifying and race. I'm not saying the guy is rubbish or whatever, he can be a world champion some day but today many of the hype and huge expectations towards him were diminished by many, I suppose.

If anyone's making that kind of judgement after one race, then they need their head examining.

Well, I knew people who are already crazy about Daniel would misunderstand my post and already start to "defend" the guy although I didn't bash him. All I said was that today was indicated that Ricciardo still needs lot's of mileage and to prove himself worthy of a seat in the best car in F1. The guy had/has a huge hype despite never being in a official session. Many fans of him were all fireworks after each FP where he was faster than the other STR guy(who was probably working on the setup of the car for the whole weekend rather than go for banzai laps).

Daniel can be prove to be a top guy in the near future but if I were a RBR director, I would wait for him to race a whole year in some other team before gambling in exchange Mark with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Murray :)

Oh dear, i never noticed those massive dimples on Murray's head.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:41 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Probably because he doesn't sound like Webber, who has a ridiculous over-the-top accent. Ricciardo's is quite normal, typical Australian.

It's personality wise too. Ricciardo doesn't overplay the "I'm an Aussie, therefore I'm hard" rubbish either. He's just a regular guy, which is awesome. No BS.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:
Scotty wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Probably because he doesn't sound like Webber, who has a ridiculous over-the-top accent. Ricciardo's is quite normal, typical Australian.

It's personality wise too. Ricciardo doesn't overplay the "I'm an Aussie, therefore I'm hard" rubbish either. He's just a regular guy, which is awesome. No BS.

Deaf as well.

Red Bull told him to hold station up to 4 times.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Also, one last thing, can Brundle PLEASE drop the "look, but never stare" catchphrase from the race start....

So cringeworthy it's almost James Allen level of lame.
Agree.

BBC saying that they have heard that Webber is not happy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:47 pm 

Fernando for me

Last edited by Artur Craft on Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:47 pm 

he shouldnt be happy about his start surely.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hamilton!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Alonso. Lewis was awesome at times, and Jenson made an amazing pass on Massa. Points for Alg again means a mention too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 992 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next