TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2708 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1125 126 127 128 129136 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:
Anyone notice DC's "Please no, I've got my white jeans on!" excuse :lol:

Yes, lots of fun :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Regiotap wrote:
Even if they give Hamilton a grid penalty for Canada, he will rock that race. He can save soft tyres, and with his car and his fight-attitude, I believe he can still win the race then.

why would he be able to save tyres?
qualifying performance is even more important when you have a gridpenalty

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think he would do qualifyingruns. Just do the same strategy as Webber in China or Kobayashi in Turkey. He can fight till the end of the race.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Regiotap wrote:
I don't think he would do qualifyingruns. Just do the same strategy as Webber in China or Kobayashi in Turkey. He can fight till the end of the race.

starting 24th is a big risk

let's assume he would get a 10 place penalty, than he would need to do both Q1 and Q2 to be in front of the back-markers, even if he doesn't do a run in Q3 his highest gridposition would still be 20th
I don't see why he would do such a strategy
especially because Montreal is hard on the tyres, it's likely that the teams will only want to do a short stint on the options, so there is no point in saving more than 1 set of option tyres

anyway, I don't think he will get a gridpenalty

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:05 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

A strong 9. The red flag made it all very anti-climactic, but in the run up to that it was epic.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kobayashi - Reprimand
Hamilton - 20s penalty

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So basically a let off for both.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Strange to give Kobayashi only a reprimand, because I think he made a bigger mistake there, than Hamilton did with Massa eg.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe because Hamilton was already on one?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

At least Kamui keeps 5th, awesome :D

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Massa calls for more Lewis penalties
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91860

No Felipe, damage did not cause your accident. Trying to go flat out through the tunnel on the dirty side, however, did.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that was quite an entertaining race! Loved it! It's a pity they were allowed to change tyres, but at least it's better to have a red flag and restart the race, than finishing under the SC.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:
Massa calls for more Lewis penalties
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91860

No Felipe, damage did not cause your accident. Trying to go flat out through the tunnel on the dirty side, however, did.

Shut up Felipe. You knew he was there and turned across early.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just read some of the last pages with everyone discussing todays incidents, but what I asked myself:

Why is the attacking driver always being penalised? Monaco is a place where you almost can't overtake and if someone tries to, it always brings some risks with it. So when an overtaking manouvre @ Loews doesn't succeed it's the attacker who is at fault?

But if Rosberg turned in on Schumi the way Massa did on Lewis they would have crashed also. Schumacher did the same as what Lewis did, so what is it that Lewis did wrong there? Maybe they should penalise Schumacher as well for attacking. Rosberg was the one who prevented the crash, so Massa caused the collision.

What I want to say is that if Massa didn't try to block that bad after realising that he left some room for Lewis it wouldn't had to come to a collision. Maybe the blocking drivers can be at fault as well. If we do not realise that, they will block even more in the future and overtaking will be even harder when attacking drivers need to be affraid of getting a penalty for overtaking....

And the same with all of you complaining of a driver who is angry saying what is on his mind while all of you complain of drivers who only say what they are allowed to say. I like the reaction of Lewis, no fanboy whatsoever, but all drivers just need to do this more often...

Just my point of view :wave:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You are spot on Gallie

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gallie wrote:
Just read some of the last pages with everyone discussing todays incidents, but what I asked myself:

Why is the attacking driver always being penalised? Monaco is a place where you almost can't overtake and if someone tries to, it always brings some risks with it. So when an overtaking manouvre @ Loews doesn't succeed it's the attacker who is at fault?

But if Rosberg turned in on Schumi the way Massa did on Lewis they would have crashed also. Schumacher did the same as what Lewis did, so what is it that Lewis did wrong there? Maybe they should penalise Schumacher as well for attacking. Rosberg was the one who prevented the crash, so Massa caused the collision.

What I want to say is that if Massa didn't try to block that bad after realising that he left some room for Lewis it wouldn't had to come to a collision. Maybe the blocking drivers can be at fault as well. If we do not realise that, they will block even more in the future and overtaking will be even harder when attacking drivers need to be affraid of getting a penalty for overtaking....

And the same with all of you complaining of a driver who is angry saying what is on his mind while all of you complain of drivers who only say what they are allowed to say. I like the reaction of Lewis, no fanboy whatsoever, but all drivers just need to do this more often...

:thumbsup:

Also, great day for Seb. Just two boxes needing to be ticked now - home win & Spa. Also, he's doing a Button in 2009. Only RB can sustain the development

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Without trying to come across as Captain Obvious here, there is a big difference between a driver turning in early and closing the door when he has clearly lost the corner and the attacking driver has his nose ahead compared to a defending driver turning in while he still has the corner, trying to defense his position against an overly ambitious driver.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gallie wrote:

a good post

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:48 pm 

Don't know if this was posted at the time but this was Hamilton's unbroadcasted radio reaction to his first penalty. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From now on, can we just not have penalties. Pre-2008, I don't remember us having penalties. Since then for every bit of contact someone gets a DT. It got a bit better in 2010, but the inconsistency is still there.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2708 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1125 126 127 128 129136 Next