TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boris' comments aside, this appeared to be a great race. Too bad I forgot to tape it. However, I've seen enough to comment on the one thing pissing me off to no end right now... SAFER barrier. If I have to hear one more of these asshat media guys or pussy assed drivers say this track is too dangerous and needs SAFER barrier where Hamlin and Reutiman hit I'm going to shoot someone. This is ridiculous. In both crashes the SAFER barrier would have done no good. The tire barrier/armco bent and gave more than the SAFER barrier would have.

If anything, they should redesign the outside wall on the run up to the esses. The one Ragan hit is atrocious as it funnels the cars into one spot. That should be changed. However, SAFER barrier is not the end all be all of safety at the race tracks. All it is really is an armco barrier with foam in front of the supports.

As for the race, great stuff all around. So glad Marco's won. Even gladder that everyone walked away from those crashes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Biffles a fuckin tool. I saw that NASCAR Now interview, it was comical. Came up with every excuse in the book. I'm sorry but I didn't see Boris do one thing wrong. He was racing. Just because he and that team doesn't run full time he should back out of a better finishing position?? Fuck that! This is racing FFS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
Boris' comments aside, this appeared to be a great race. Too bad I forgot to tape it. However, I've seen enough to comment on the one thing pissing me off to no end right now... SAFER barrier. If I have to hear one more of these asshat media guys or pussy assed drivers say this track is too dangerous and needs SAFER barrier where Hamlin and Reutiman hit I'm going to shoot someone. This is ridiculous. In both crashes the SAFER barrier would have done no good. The tire barrier/armco bent and gave more than the SAFER barrier would have.

If anything, they should redesign the outside wall on the run up to the esses. The one Ragan hit is atrocious as it funnels the cars into one spot. That should be changed. However, SAFER barrier is not the end all be all of safety at the race tracks. All it is really is an armco barrier with foam in front of the supports.

As for the race, great stuff all around. So glad Marco's won. Even gladder that everyone walked away from those crashes.

I've said this exact thing on multiple other boards, haha.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watching the last laps back, I wonder why they threw the caution? They kept it green for the massive shunt but went yellow when Stewart spun. Brad had somehow worked his way back onto the bumper of Ambrose. Could have been interesting down to the final corner. (Taking nothing away from the race and the finish, which was awesome)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
Panachski wrote:
Opposite of last year Said vs Stewart, this time Said turned someone

That was one of my first thoughts. Said was so upset last year when someone did that to him, yet he forgets this time around and causes a much worse accident. I know racers are always pushing hard to the last gasp, but someone of Said's experience really needs to know his place in a situation like that. He's not racing for points and he's nowhere near the lead; he needs to breathe the throttle just a little and let the full-timers have a little space.

I agree he could've backed off... but I took all sorts of shit for taking Said's side in the Stewart incident the other year. I thought Tony could've backed off. EVERYBODY had Tony's back... media, other drivers, this forum. Now Said does the same thing as Stewart and everyone is flipping out. Classic example of the outcome influencing opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's a tough one to call really. Yes, you shouldn't have to cut anyone a break on the last lap, and I'd understand if Boris was fighting for a top-10 or something like that, but let's be real here.. as a part-timer running in 25th position or whatever it was, is it really necessary to hold your ground and wreck a regular, and a Chase contender with one win at that? Roush cars are good at Michigan and a second win is certainly a possibility for Ragan, but if he fails to stay in the Top-20 due to this, it'll be all on Boris.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:28 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

simonracer wrote:
You have to wonder though, was Reutimann launched by the armco?

It seems like that was the case.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:52 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Greg Biffle, via Twitter wrote:
1st of all I want to make sure everyone sees the wreck between David & David, now that's coming from a guy that says I am unprofessional.

Let me tell u something Boris,"the roadcourse ringer" caused that wreck. He did the same thing to me earlier in the race off the carousel

The same place Sam H got off & caused the horrific wreck with the 24,31etc. Thank God, they paved that run off.

Then Mr. Class pulls in behind my truck after the race today?! Shouldn't you go check on David & David? How unprofessional & disrespectful!

lmao

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

I cannot take anyone that writes "u" instead of "you" seriously, especially when it's matter of "professionalism".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:45 pm 

Remember kids, 140 characters or less. :flag:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They kissed and made up: http://www.nascar.com/news/110816/gbiff ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just managed to watch this race.

Holy fucking shit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LOL

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

"Fuck em up, Boris, fuck em up" *clap clap* :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

American Dragon wrote:

LOL

Lame.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28