TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Is DRS in the spirit of what F1 should be?
Yes 29%  29%  [ 26 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 65 ]
Total votes: 91
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You're not going to push a cyclist when he is right behind another rider, you're not giving a football team who is behind a second ball during attacking either so I have no idea how people can find systems like DRS fair. It is not, it never will be, it has no place in motor racing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alonsomania wrote:
You're not going to push a cyclist when he is right behind another rider, you're not giving a football team who is behind a second ball during attacking either so I have no idea how people can find systems like DRS fair. It is not, it never will be, it has no place in motor racing.

A cyclist does get an advantage when he is behind another rider. I have not seen an instance this year where DRS wasn't fair. The rules where the same for every team. Last race in Korea was a perfect example why DRS is fair. Hamilton could hold off Webber despite Webber having DRS available almost every lap. He just used his Kers wisely to defend. And one time he lost his place but could get it back due to the DRS.

Without DRS and Kers there would have been no fight, just both of them driving behind each other the whole race. I know what I'd rather see.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

U find DRS artificial?

Well, for me, ARTIFICIAL ARE RACES WHERE FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS ALL THE MAIN PASSES WERE MOSTLY DOING PIT-STOPS. Fuck that, DRS for the win!!!!!

The old cars didn't had so much downforce, thus never had problems overtaking others. Ciclist arent pushed when behind another, but they don't get spilled with oil either. Loosing soccer teams don't get another ball. But the one's they got don't weight 2 tons more to move around either.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't think anyone against DRS is for the old, boring style of racing. We just don't want to see the FIA settle on DRS as "competition issues solved" when in reality it's a flawed stopgap solution. There needs to be a more fundamental change to encourage overtaking somewhere down the line.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
U find DRS artificial?

Well, for me, ARTIFICIAL ARE RACES WHERE FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS ALL THE MAIN PASSES WERE MOSTLY DOING PIT-STOPS. Fuck that, DRS for the win!!!!!

The old cars didn't had so much downforce, thus never had problems overtaking others. Ciclist arent pushed when behind another, but they don't get spilled with oil either. Loosing soccer teams don't get another ball. But the one's they got don't weight 2 tons more to move around either.

Two wrongs don't make one right ;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I don't think anyone against DRS is for the old, boring style of racing. We just don't want to see the FIA settle on DRS as "competition issues solved" when in reality it's a flawed stopgap solution. There needs to be a more fundamental change to encourage overtaking somewhere down the line.

Pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I've seen a big improvement since the last couple of races. The DRS-zones don't start near the exit of a corner anymore. Like in Korea, I believe it started somewhere in the middle of the straight. That means a boost from when the drivers reach like 200/250 km/h untill their topseed. That's a lot less advantage compared to when you can drop your wing at the start of a straight. This, sometimes, was the case during the first half of the season.