TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2842 Next

Who will win the 2011 Championship?
Poll ended at Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:52 am
#1 James Courtney (HRT) 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
#2 Garth Tander (HRT) 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
#3 Tony D'Alberto (TDR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#4 Alex Davison (SBR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#5 Mark Winterbottom (FPR) 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
#6 Will Davison (FPR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#7 Todd Kelly (JDR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#8 Jason Bargwanna (BJR) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
#9 Shane Van Gisbergen (FPR) 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
#11 Greg Murphy (KRT) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
#12 Dean Fiore (FFF) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#14 Jason Bright (BJR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#15 Rick Kelly (JDR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#16 David Reynolds (KRT) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#17 Steven Johnson (DJR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#18 James Moffat (DJR) 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
#19 Jonathon Webb (JWR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#21 Karl Reindler (BRI) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#61 Fabian Coulthard (WAL) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#30 Warren Luff (LDM) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#33 Lee Holdsworth (GRM) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
#34 Michael Caruso (GRM) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#39 Russell Ingall (PMM) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
#47 Tim Slade (SBR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#49 Steve Owen (PMM) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#55 Paul Dumbrell (RNR) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
#88 Jamie Whincup (888) 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
#888 Craig Lowndes (888) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 29
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:23 am 

It's what I've read on Ten-Tenths and V8 Central. Although those people are usually negative about everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

As a pitlane reporter, Rust is very good; however I don't think he's that great in a commentary box.

And if Ten/One get the rights back, I'd be happy for the same crew they had when they last had it in 2006, however give Beattie the arse and put Larkham in on pitroad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Location: Jenson Button is running in the top 10 in 11th place.
Scotty wrote:
Echti wrote:
Scotty wrote:
However 7 did just pay $1.2 billion for the AFL rights, (...)

1.2 billion?? :8:

Sorry, that's not correct.

Actually $1.25 billion. Can't neglect that last $50 million.

I personally think Rust/Crompton is a great team, Rusty is an underrated commentator (people seem to hang shit on him all the time, he is actually a hilarious character, particularly on Skaife/Crompton's radio show) or Diffey/Crompton. @
BenMac
never actually heard any negativity about Diffey. I spoke him at the AGP in 2008 and he said once his career with Speed/ESPN is over first thing he will do is come back here and put his hat into the ring.

But how much of that 1.25 billion did foxtel feed in? Either way 7 have shown their priority seems more with AFL than V8 supercars.

Crompton pretty much works for V8s insted of the channel so he ll just go where ever the V8s go, Greg Rust used to be annoying after being left with F1 and Moto GP pre shows and RPM you have to give him some credit for sticking with it, plus hes not a complete dumbshit like Bill Woods was. I could go either way on Diffey but wouldnt his SPEED commitments be a probelm anyway? If 10 got it id try and swipe Aaron Noonan hes pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
Personally I think they should pay the money to get one B. Edwards over here, how 1000/10 would that be?

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Never liked Greg Rust. He's like Australia's Bill Weber, just a bit sinisterly robotic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Dick Trickle wrote:
As a pitlane reporter, Rust is very good; however I don't think he's that great in a commentary box.

Some of Greg Rust's early work here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCkngcsxD5I

As for commentators, give me Will Hagon and John Smailes any day, guys who actually know their stuff, and tell us what we need to know, not what we can already see

I agree with the anti-Diffey comments mentioned earlier, he does scream at the viewer rather than commentate to us..... but you can't blame him for that, i think it was the Channel 10 mandate (look at the others from that time, Woods, Rust, even Crompton got into the act)... and is always insistent on telling us stuff we can already see is on the screen, the purpose of a commentator is to tell us what we can't see!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racer69 wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Wish Amaroo Park was still around, great little circuit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gisbergens victory drift lap

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwdo3vI1ZH8[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:13 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
racer69 wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Wish Amaroo Park was still around, great little circuit.

Certainly was, spent many days there as a little kid watching the AMSCAR events

Rust was quite prominent in NSW motorsport in the mid-90s when he was commentating for Speedweek, when they covered a tonne of local NSW motorsport.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Location: Jenson Button is running in the top 10 in 11th place.
Scotty wrote:
Foxtel fed in next to nothing. The deal works that 7 are the rights owner, and they can lease the games out to 9, 10, Foxtel whomever is willing to pay.

Personally I think they should pay the money to get one B. Edwards over here, how 1000/10 would that be?

David Addison would be a better choice, he did a great job of Bahrain few years back and i reckon he'd be cheaper than Edwards.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Interesting wildcard entry for Bathurst: Grant Denyer will campaign a Kelly Racing-run Commodore with the winner of a reality TV show starting up soon on 7Mate.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/06/22/denyer-to-lead-reality-tv-bathurst-1000-entry/

I can see this ending in disaster unless your name is Andrew Jordan...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:27 pm 

good races at Hidden Valley over the weekend and great too see the giz get his second V8 Supercar race win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Who were the guys who did the BRutes commentary back when they were properly BRutes.

They were awesome with a side portion of hilarious! That's what commentary should be about :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa those two guys were utterly brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:30 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Scotty wrote:
I think the guys you are thinking of commentate the various state series', drag racing and boat racing on another network (2 actually SBS and One). Wade Aunger and someone who has an awesome beard.

Wade Aunger has the beard, Grant Boyden was the other one. As you said both are still active & commentating on AVE-produced motorsport shows, they produce Speedweek, Inside Speed etc...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Aunger's seriously underrated, however I think he's better doing sprintcar stuff (I remember him doing World Series Sprintcar events on Speedweek I think back in the day, and still does on-course commentary for the WSS) and utes (pre-2007) than all the Speedweek broadcasts.

Oh and Symmons Plains is getting the arse after this year. Seems like the Tasmanian government is in a lot of trouble because not even a third-party bringing in cash to get North Melbourne to play two AFL games in Hobart a year could save Symmons Plains losing its government money.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Aunger still commentates WSS for Speed alongside Steve Raymond. Until a few years ago Wade's marketing company owned the rights to World Series Sprintcars, but lost the rights to a consortium of track owners.

Scotty wrote:
That's a shame, Symmons is such a unique circuit, love the place, like Pukekohe, Lakeside or Amaroo, short, but never dull. Tasmania are really gunning for an AFL team, should never have given one to GWS in the first place if not for Demetriou/AFL being money obsessed fucktards.

I agree. Sydney had only really just accepted the Swans, throwing GWS in was way too soon

As for Symmons, its stupid that no government money means no race, absolutly ridiculous. Government backing should be a bonus, not the be all and end all, V8s have just gotten too greedy....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Momentum is building towards a V8 Supercars race at Austin, Texas, possibly as early as next year.

Speedcafe.com has learned that V8 Supercars has been targeted by the owners of the new Texas track, which is currently under construction.

The brand-new Texas facility, known as the 'Circuit of the Americas,' will serve as the home of the Formula One United States Grand Prix from June next year through to 2021. It will also host a round of MotoGP in 2013.

Since the partial sale of V8 Supercars to Archer Capital, international expansion has been one of the big focuses for V8 chairman Tony Cochrane.

There has been increasing speculation regarding possible international venues for V8s and its plans for 18 events by 2013.

Cochrane is currently on holidays, and V8 Supercars chief operating officer Shane Howard would not make comment.

Cochrane recently admitted that he has had contact with various American race tracks.

"There has been very strong interest from a number of American circuits to host a round of our great championship," Cochrane told American website Speed.com recently.

"We don't have anything signed, but we are talking with people.

"We've spoken with a number of North American promoters and regions that are interested and we'll continue to have open dialogue with them."

The Circuit of the Americas is the work of Full Throttle Productions - a company set up by racing driver turned event promoter Tavo Hellmund.

The long-time friend of Bernie Ecclestone has banded together a select group of wealthy investors to back the project, while $25 million from the state's Major Events Trust Fund has also secured, subject to a recently commenced law suit alleging that the money was incorrectly allocated.

The circuit has been penned by infamous Formula One track designer Herman Tilke, and is currently under construction.

The full 20 turn, 5.47km Grand Prix layout is said to draw inspiration from several of the world's great corner complexes, with Silverstone's Maggotts/Becketts, Hockenheim's stadium section, and Istanbul Park's four-apex Turn 8 being replicated on the undulating landscape.

Austin is the capital city of the state of Texas, and has a population nearing 2 million people.

The State of Texas is said to be the 11th strongest economy in the world, and has more Fortune 500 company headquarters than any other state.

Austin, its capital, sits within a 200 mile radius of Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas - making the race accessible to some 22 million people.

http://motornews.co.nz/index.cfm?content_id=621

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It'll never happen, but fuck yeah! Good excuse for me to visit my relatives in Dallas.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've never minded any of his schemes so far this year :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 833 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2842 Next