TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SimRacin14 wrote:
Earl needs his fucking NASCAR license pulled.

Amen. The two-faced fuckwit also needs to go into a fucking mental institution

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ok, I think alot of you are still over reacting. He doesnt need a lifetime ban or license pulled. I can see how they chalked it up to hard racing but I think NASCAR is letting this go too far. Someone is gunna get hurt and maybe even worse. I think they could at least give him a nice fine and a suspension from the Nationwide series.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol just saw this. Carl is such a cocksucker. And the commentators saying "I think he was trying a crossover move and misjudged it". Gah. Just tell it how it is. Bunch of cars torn up and some hard hits all because of that knob face. What a joke.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:43 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Ok, I think alot of you are still over reacting. He doesnt need a lifetime ban or license pulled. I can see how they chalked it up to hard racing but I think NASCAR is letting this go too far. Someone is gunna get hurt and maybe even worse. I think they could at least give him a nice fine and a suspension from the Nationwide series.

How? It's obvious that nobody is safe when he's on the track. This is the second time he's put someone in a very dangerous position this year, and it won't be the last. NASCAR is letting this go too far, and if they don't absolutely throw the book at Carl, someone will get badly hurt. He's not capable of running safely on superspeedways, and they need to sit him down for a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:58 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

It's easy to say that "You wouldn't be as angry if the accident was small", but what do you expect? He deliberatly spun someone in front of the entire pack, racing to the line? The chances of it not being a massive accident were tiny! But yet he still thought it was a good idea - and THAT is what people are angry about. Not the accident itself, but the fact we all know that it'd be a massive accident, including Carl, and he found it acceptable anyway, and then NASCAR gave it a thumbs up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:26 pm 

Nascar has released a statement regarding Carl Edwards' fan demographic:

1). Women
2). Homosexuals
3). The mentally challenged

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Corvus wrote:
Nascar has released a statement regarding Carl Edwards' fan demographic:

1). Dumb Women
2). Homosexuals
3). The mentally challenged

FTFY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:33 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Joey wrote:
Coyotekart1 wrote:

How? It's obvious that nobody is safe when he's on the track. This is the second time he's put someone in a very dangerous position this year, and it won't be the last. NASCAR is letting this go too far, and if they don't absolutely throw the book at Carl, someone will get badly hurt. He's not capable of running safely on superspeedways, and they need to sit him down for a long time.

I think saying dude, your done for the year in the Nationwide series and your giving us $100K would be heavy enough. I think alot of it has to do with who he keeps having incidents with. If it was Mark Martin or Harvick or someone who he was racing with and they got into him, I dont think Carl would have flipped shit and wrecked them, but since its Brad and he has had past run ins with him, thats what makes the fuse so short on Carl. I do agree that enough is enough and a hefty penalty should have been handed down cuz you just dont do that with the whole field bearing down on you. I could see getting in the RR and then getting off of him, but to just lay into him like he did knowing that he was putting people in danger is plain wrong. Carl knew it, he even asked on the radio if Brad was ok after he crossed the line so he knew he was taking a risk at seriosuly hurting Brad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 am 

Shit, if NASCAR had any stones, they'd tell Carl he was done for the year in all NASCAR-sanctioned series, not just the Nationwide series. But, of course, that'd violate that stupid "BOYS HAVE AT IT" doctrine that's totally backfired on them this year, and certainly a few sponsors would have some problems with their driver sitting out the rest of the season, and being replaced by some relative unknown. But maybe that's what they need to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:22 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:

I was talking to DeHarde last night about it all, and I told him that if I stick my nose in this thread I will get in trouble, but Coyote is right, there is a whole lot of overreacting going on. Carl vs Brad is a very interesting deal right now. NASCAR announces that the drivers are policing themselves and we start to get some cool racing going on...racing where you have to EARN your way to race wins. I would rather see Carl put the bumper (severity? I will get to that) to someone to win a race than stand on pit road sucking from the 'good image' tit! "It was a good run for the Aflac POS, but I would rather be in victory lane, congrats to Brad, man that kid could drive..." One year ago thats what would have been said. These forums would have been erupting with BORING RACE IMO, waaa waaa waaa. That race put me to sleep. I kid you not. I wasn't tired, I simply fell asleep watching it. I don't do that often anymore. When I woke, and logged on for the videos....I was in shock...that I missed it. If Brad was serious about taking the race win from Carl, he should have done it in a manner that Carl would not be able to get back to him in the laps time. I know if I want a win, and I lay on his QP in turn one, I best hope I am going to clear him with some room to spare once the checkers are flying. You took my race...lets see if I can get it back...

The severity though IS something that should be punished, or at least by NASCAR. It was put to me last night...Carl used a sledgehammer for something that needed a thumbtack. I agree, but I throw in the "He bumped him for the lead, clear him further next time" argument. That was all Carl could do at that time, he didn't really have a spot where a friendly bump could get him, or something that would just "RATTLE HIS CAGE" in the last lap, so with safety in mind, maybe it was one of those where he could have taken the runner up spot, made a show on pit road by bitch slapping Brad or something and next week in ORP, stick a dent in his car at the ideal moment. Drivers policing themselves is NOT THE PROBLEM. If things get seriously out of hand, to a point where people are legitimately getting hurt, I am pretty sure the drivers will make known behind the scenes that the driver is become unwelcome among their ranks. The checkers were in the air, and the drivers behind were not going to win, so getting off the throttle was just a good of option than piling in.

Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 am 

I actually liked Carl Edwards when he first started in the trucks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just thought of this: What if Bob Keselowski is entered in the race? We all know he will be out there for one thing and one thing only, to take Carl out. Do you think Jack Roush will pull Carl out of the car to keep him safe? Do you think NASCAR will tell the Keselowski clan that if anything goes down, they will drop the hammer based on NASCAR's hypocritical double standards? Garuantee you that if Bob makes the race, it will be one of the higher rated Nationwide races of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coyotekart1 wrote:
Just thought of this: What if Bob Keselowski is entered in the race? We all know he will be out there for one thing and one thing only, to take Carl out. Do you think Jack Roush will pull Carl out of the car to keep him safe? Do you think NASCAR will tell the Keselowski clan that if anything goes down, they will drop the hammer based on NASCAR's hypocritical double standards? Garuantee you that if Bob makes the race, it will be one of the higher rated Nationwide races of the year.

Well,if Bob only runs one race,who gives a shit what the penalty is? If he does something,the only way NASCAR could really hurt them is by fining the team,perhaps.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bump

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 pm 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Nah.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I still hate him though.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TM93 wrote:
Nah.

Nah I don't care

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:31 pm 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

I hate Earl just as much as anyone else here. But he and Logano were racing hard and both got loose. Carl moving up just a little bit took the air off of Logano's car, and Logano went into the wall because of it. I don't feel like crucifying someone for an accident that is a product of the car they're racing in.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:31 am 
It is wrong to blame Edwards in this crashing

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next