TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2310 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67116 Next
 Post subject: Re: GP3 series
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:03 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I don't understand how some people think Daly is at fault and the russian killer has no fault in this. There we can see we have some members here that doesn't have a clue about what's racing. I hope the russian gets banned from the series.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RtN wrote:
Beaux Barfield says that he would have thrown the driver out of the championship for that sort of driving in general.

But he wouldn't care about a driver insulting him :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

Mattzel89 wrote:
oh it gets better

Will Buxton wrote:
We may not see Suranovich for a while. I have it on impeccable authority that post race he flipped off the chief steward. No shit.

I predict a big future in btcc for this kid.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:30 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Shouldn't Daly get penalised for braking Suranovich's rear wing in the first places at Loews? Discuss.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

probably

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:52 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

kals wrote:
I don't see an issue. When given the chance afterall, wouldn't you flip off Nigel Mansell?

I'd punch him in the face.

Problem is, if I did, he'd instantly collapse and claim that he had a severe concussion, a fractured skull, whiplash, a detatched retina, a broken nose...

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks Suranovich needs a serious bollocking here?

No. It all starts with the fact that he has a car that is not able to finish the race. He had a car that was unfit for racing and he kept on racing after being shown the black and orange flag. I would take his license and suspend him for a year. What Daly did wasn't top driving, but what Suranovich(?) did was put the racers around him in immediate peril by racing a car that is literally in a condition not suitable for it. If I were Daly, you'd best believe I'd be beating the shit out of him if I were in arms length. That sort of thing cannot be condoned in motor racing today because of some bullshit illusion of safety. What frightens me even more is that you have this generation of cashed up idiots, and when they don't get to F1 they go to another form of racing where they don't necessarily race with the massive runoffs, or in the most up-to-date safety-wise cars.

I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just saw the incident, wtf was Suranovich thing?, his rear wing was gone, no point fucking up other people's races let alone weaving across the track, absolutely disgusting driving, Daly is lucky he had the run off he had or else it could have been an even more revolting accident

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:47 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

See I don't see a car without a rear wing running around 5 seconds off the pace as necessary unfit for racing. I certainly see it less dangerous than Vergne and Perez trying to get back to the pits minus wheels/suspension etc at 40mph this afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:57 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Only seen the vid now, without reading the comments here and my initial reaction is that Suranovich should receive punishment for that, definitely. Driving without your rear wing and defending a position would normally never work out anyway because of your aerodynamical handicap, but in Monaco it could actually work because of the narrowness and lower speeds. Doesn't surprise me that the accident then happened coming out of the tunnel, probably the area where Suranovich had the biggest struggle to keep his car quick and straight. A horrible mistake on his part to think that he would just be able to continue as he did before.

The insulting afterwards...well...that solves the question of punishment then.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ryan86 wrote:
See I don't see a car without a rear wing running around 5 seconds off the pace as necessary unfit for racing. I certainly see it less dangerous than Vergne and Perez trying to get back to the pits minus wheels/suspension etc at 40mph this afternoon.

JEV and Perez weren't trying to block other drivers. That's a terrible parallel to make.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I find it silly how people are saying that because it's Monaco, running without a rear wing isn't all that bad for the driver. You're running without an essential part of the car. It doesn't matter whether you're 5 seconds faster or slower, it is not right. You either pull off and retire or get out of the way of the cars, which is what Suranovich didn't do.
Being immature and stupid didn't help, but the way he drove makes me think it's his fault 100%.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

carfan20 wrote:
I don't understand how some people think Daly is at fault and the russian killer has no fault in this. There we can see we have some members here that doesn't have a clue about what's racing. I hope the russian gets banned from the series.

LOL Oh if you only knew a little about the people you're aiming this at....

Did you see this Ian, apparantly we don't have any clue about racing??!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
carfan20 wrote:

LOL Oh if you only knew a little about the people you're aiming this at....

Did you see this Ian, apparantly we don't have any clue about racing??!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't care what your resume or credentials might be. Suranovich was CLEARLY in the wrong. Had he pulled off to the side we could talk all day about how Conor was an idiot for taking his wing off.(haven't even seen this and don't even know if it's true) But the kid thinks he can race without a rear wing and everything will be just fine? I was of the opinion before that if a 16 year old can keep his car on the road and do so competitively, then he should be allowed to race F3 or even up to GP2 if money allowed. This is making me change my mind on that because obviously not every teenager alive is as mature and level headed as a Sergey Sirotkin or Kevin Korjus. Hell, some drivers are in their 20's and with more than 5 years of experience in formula cars and still drive like complete idiots.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We'll agree to disagree. I've said more than enough today to make my case. Some agree, some don't. You can tell me whatever you like, doesn't make either of us right or wrong and it won't change my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Didn't read the entire argument here, but the guy shouldn't have been driving the car around the circuit like that. If he'd been black and orange flagged, his race was pretty much over anyway. Why not just pull it into the pits straight away to be safe?

I don't think his actual defending was as bad as some of the moves we see, but I do agree with Phil that someone is going to get seriously hurt one day. We're seeing far too many late chops in the lower formula (think Jordan Williams going over the barriers at Snetterton, the guy who almost smashed against the scoring tower in Barcelona...). I don't think this particular move falls into this category, but for years I've noticed blocking becoming awful, and more and more accidents like this.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:45 am 

ptclaus98 wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

JEV and Perez weren't trying to block other drivers. That's a terrible parallel to make.

I think there's two different issues here though.

i) Should a car with an issue ( brakes/wing/tyres/engine) whatever that slows it by about 5-7% be allowed to continue?

For me, part of motor racing should be driving around the problems presented to you. Now, as long as the lack of a rear wing didn't lead to a performance increase, and there's is pieces on his car ready to fall off and hit someone, then I think they should be allowed to continue. Same as if his tyres were shot or his gearbox or engine had a small fault. So I don't have problem with that aspect. Perez and Vergne tried to drag machinery shedding parts, that had problems turning and could only be driven at a snails pace back to the pits. So, yes I think that's more dangerous or penalty-worthy than a car that can still lap semi-competatively. In percentage terms he can't have been that much more uncompetitive that Jean Alesi will be tomorrow?

ii) Was his driving dangerous?

Now, this a different matter altoghter to the first part and I would go as far as to say it was unnecessary given his lack of competitveness. What he did into the Mirabeau seemed OK as he drove a straight line, though down to the Chicane, yes, maybe he needed give the circumstances not just float around in the middle of the road appearing to wander slightly one way or the other.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
We'll agree to disagree. I've said more than enough today to make my case. Some agree, some don't. You can tell me whatever you like, doesn't make either of us right or wrong and it won't change my opinion.

Whatever. I wish I knew who you were so if I'm ever at a trackday or something like that and you're in the meeting I know to pack the hell up and leave. Racing is dangerous enough without people driving terminally damaged cars like douchebags. And it's yet another reason why I hate this piece of shit track. Try and get around a real circuit without a rear wing in one of those cars. It'll end fantastic, I promise.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, correct. Because me having an opinion on something and not agreeing with you clearly shows that I'm a poor driver. Good analogy, very mature.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some collisions are avoidable and this is one of them. Every one of them had more than enough time and room to be the smart guy and let the other one be the asshole. They didn't, leading to this catastrophic situation.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2310 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 67116 Next