TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1421 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5472 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

At the Kimmels Shop open house today. Got to see Will's car from Mobile up close, it's amazing he wasn't hurt. Took a few photos with my phone. You can see where the frame of the car is broken in both sides.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:47 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

ARCA as fuck. Really glad to see he walked away.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not sure how far across the drivers sit in the ARCA cars, but if they sit right up against the door (which I doubt) it could have killed him had he gone in on the other side, and caused the same damage to the car. He is indeed pretty lucky.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That car has to be a museum piece.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Team owner Brad Hill has passed away.

Quote:
Team owner Brad Hill passes away: Sad news has arrived from Illinois where ARCA car owner Brad Hill passed away Friday morning at Carbondale Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Illinois. He was 63. Brad owned cars that were most recently driven by Shane Cockrum annually at the Illinois State Fairgrounds and the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds. "Brad was one of the most loyal friends I ever had," Cockrum said. "He didn't have a lot of family so his friends were his family. He was a loyal friend to so many. He was a wonderful man and I am deeply saddened by his passing. We're all in a state of shock." Brad Hill Racing was planning to compete at both events at Springfield and DuQuoin in 2015, with additional plans to add Chicagoland Speedway to their schedule. More news regarding the passing of Brad Hill will be forthcoming. Funeral arrangements are pending. (In part from ARCARacing.com ) (04-24-15)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ken Schrader just snapped Grant Enfinger's ARCA winning streak. He just won at Salem. Enfinger hit the wall late and fell to 13th. Kyle Weatherman finished 2nd. Both Schrader and Weatherman were involved in a wreck 5 laps into the race. James Swanson finished 10th and on the lead lap for Wayne Peterson's team.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm still processing photos from today's race, but here's a couple for now:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Race album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bluegrass ... 212796965/ I should add more in the next day or so.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Awesome shots Jeff. I thought that wreck on lap 5 was going to ruin the race, five of the fastest cars took damage. The charge Schrader made through the field was amazing, I haven't seen nothing like it since I've been going to Salem. All in all, it was a pretty awesome race, the top five or six stayed bunched up for a good majority of the race and almost all the cars involved in the early wreck made their way back to the front. Ten cars finishing on the leap lap must be some sort of record for Salem, would have been eleven had it not been for Enfinger clocking the wall on the last restart. Great run for Swanson in the #06. I kept telling Dan he was on the lead lap but he didn't believe me, mostly because we had no idea who was in the car and I made the assumption it was Brad Smith, or some Frankenstein's monster re-animation of Brad Smith.

And LMAO at Praytor. Got his shit pushed in on like lap 10 and ran the entire race having to look over an additional twelve inches inches of hood. ARCA racin'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Swanson would've had a top 10 at Nashville as well if he didn't have to put old tires on during his last pit stop. With lower car counts teams like Peterson and C2M can get top 10s. It wasn't a bad race really, I was thinking they might run caution free with as few cars that they had. The #27 and #81 from Nashville were supposed to run Salem but didn't for whatever reason.

Seems like Michael Lira is annoyed with Darrell Basham running into him in yesterday's race. I never saw any initial contact, just him spinning as I posted in my album. Darrell's wife is defending him on Facebook. I like both drivers but I think I have to side with Darrell on this one. He doesn't go out there and intentionally try to take anyone out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here are my shots of Bo Lemastus crashing off turn 4 into the inside wall. He hit right where the jersey barriers end and the solid concrete pit wall begins, and actually knocked a chunk out of the pit wall!

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/3QnZ9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Going through my pictures that I just uploaded to Facebook (album here), I spotted this facial expression Kenny Schrader made in Victory Lane. Schrader is the best. He looks like a cartoon character :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Location: Miles from civilizaton or any decent racetrack Minnesota USA
Dan Belcher wrote:
Going through my pictures that I just uploaded to Facebook (album here), I spotted this facial expression Kenny Schrader made in Victory Lane. Schrader is the best. He looks like a cartoon character :lol:

nicest driver ive ever met

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is a picture of the engine that was in the #3 car that Josh White drove at Salem. This was from the rubbins-racin forum.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Me and my buddy were walking on the track before the race, and we happened across Schrader, who was totally having a Sad Keanu moment. I would have taken a picture if it hadn't been so awkward and we weren't clearly the only people around him :C

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll finally be back behind the wheel at Lucas Oil Raceway "IRP" in July!

Besides the Daytona test I guess you could call it my debut. Really looking forward to it. I'll be driving the #30 for Rette Jones Racing. Running the super late model race that weekend as well.

:D

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Awesome! :flag:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Go get some :metal: :flag:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zippy wrote:

Besides the Daytona test I guess you could call it my debut. Really looking forward to it. I'll be driving the #30 for Rette Jones Racing. Running the super late model race that weekend as well.

That'll be one of the races I'll be at. See you there!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zippy wrote:

nice! good luck dude, we'll be watching

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1421 posts ]  Go to page Previous 150 51 52 53 5472 Next