TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1421 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4872 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Underdogfan wrote:
This gonna be like the Le Mans series with different classes of vehicles? I cant imagine anyone riding around in a older car will be able to keep up with anyone in a Gen6

It's only at the short tracks where the race together, and I don't think the Gen6 has superior downforce compared to the old car that would make it run better. The chassis is the same under the body.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:54 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

here's the car Zippy will be testing I think.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Right now Zippy is 21st out of the 29 cars that have run and is the fastest of the 3 drivers who have tested for the team.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Haven't been able to catch a draft yet. Got behind the 66 Venturini car and couldn't keep up. :lol:

Last session we're going to get a group together though, they're only letting 6 cars draft at a time. All the top laps were in a draft.

Side not; this is a damn good time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Zippy was 32nd out of 39 cars that took part in the PM session. His best lap was a 50.505 at 178.200 MPH. He was faster than 2 former ARCA champions, Mason Mitchell and Andy Hillenburg, who was testing one of Bill Kimmel's cars.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Never really got a good draft today; really it was so unorganized getting any drafting going other than some small 2 car drafts or a little tow here and there. Sean Corr's two cars, the 2 Venturini cars and Brian Keselowski's car were the only ones who really got something organized.

And might I say sucking up and getting a draft in these cars is really difficult. I did catch 3 cars coming off 4, and closed really fast going into the tri-oval and it just stalled out bad enough to where I eventually lost the draft.

The car is extremely good, it's just we didn't have the new spec motor like 85% of the other teams, which gave us a pretty big disadvantage. I'm sure it'll be sorted out come February.

But hell, learned so much and got to drive Daytona. Dreamed of today since I was 5. :D :flag:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cool beans, zippy. All we want to see is you hanging onto the pack come Feb and be in position to capitalize on the arca brakes and flipperz. No pressure!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It seems like a couple of teams that brought more than one car to Daytona are running the spec engine in one car and a pre-existing engine in the other. Empire racing is running an Ilmor in Sean Corr's car and a Roush-Yates engine in Patrick Staropoli's car. Cunningham Motorsports is running an Ilmor in Tom Hessert III's car and a different engine in Austin Cindric's car. Both cars have been close to one another near the top of the speed charts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is why you don't put cheap vinyl on a primer surface. Who else but Carter?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How very ARCA.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:15 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

zippy wrote:
Never really got a good draft today; really it was so unorganized getting any drafting going other than some small 2 car drafts or a little tow here and there. Sean Corr's two cars, the 2 Venturini cars and Brian Keselowski's car were the only ones who really got something organized.

And might I say sucking up and getting a draft in these cars is really difficult. I did catch 3 cars coming off 4, and closed really fast going into the tri-oval and it just stalled out bad enough to where I eventually lost the draft.

The car is extremely good, it's just we didn't have the new spec motor like 85% of the other teams, which gave us a pretty big disadvantage. I'm sure it'll be sorted out come February.

But hell, learned so much and got to drive Daytona. Dreamed of today since I was 5. :D :flag:

Awesome story mate. :thumbsup:

Hope to see you in the race in February.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Zippy,
i hope to see ya in the race in February. Good Luck!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:17 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Cartman wrote:

This is why you don't put cheap vinyl on a primer surface. Who else but Carter?

Actually I think they were using electrical tape after it peeled the first time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If I remember right 2 of the cars had that problem. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
It seems like a couple of teams that brought more than one car to Daytona are running the spec engine in one car and a pre-existing engine in the other. Empire racing is running an Ilmor in Sean Corr's car and a Roush-Yates engine in Patrick Staropoli's car. Cunningham Motorsports is running an Ilmor in Tom Hessert III's car and a different engine in Austin Cindric's car. Both cars have been close to one another near the top of the speed charts.

Never good to see more spec but if it helps the struggling teams and puts more cars on the track, it's good. Might help offset some of the cost of transitioning to gen-6 too. Of course, it won't please Bobby Gerhardt with his fleet of tricked out super speedway motors if they're able to run with or outrun him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SB83 wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:

Never good to see more spec but if it helps the struggling teams and puts more cars on the track, it's good. Might help offset some of the cost of transitioning to gen-6 too. Of course, it won't please Bobby Gerhardt with his fleet of tricked out super speedway motors if they're able to run with or outrun him.

From what I read, Gerhart was running one of the new Ilmor motors at the test.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
SB83 wrote:
FHgrad99 wrote:

From what I read, Gerhart was running one of the new Ilmor motors at the test.

Really? I'd have thought he'd run his own plate motor since that's all his whole effort specializes in. Maybe he ran both to compare?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I also read that the engines he normally runs on the plate tracks are from Hendrick. He had two cars at the test, the car he was driving and another car that Scotty Hubler was driving. I don't know what engine was in the other car.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:42 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Frank Kimmell is rumored to be heading to Bill Venturinni's team. Yeah good luck rest of the field!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1421 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4872 Next