TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 62140 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Fryslân, The Netherlands, TBK-member since May 7th, 2003

:whistling:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

markmartinfan wrote:
K_Sherman wrote:
So I've just moved to South Carolina, near Spartanburg. Greenville-Pickens is about 45 minutes away. Anderson Speedway a little under an hour. There's also a dozen or so dirt tracks within a couple hours drive in any direction. Anybody have reccomendations for the area? I definitely plan to go check a K&N race at Greenville in September.

Greenville is the dumpiest racetrack I've ever been to... maybe I'm just spoiled by all the nice facilities in VA.

Two words. Urinal trough.

Went and watched the K&N East race last night with my dad while he was in town. (spoilers below). Without a doubt, that place was pretty rough.

Spoiler:
Racing wasn't bad, would've been better if anybody could've done anything with William Byron. He led every lap. It was close for second though all night. Gray Gaulding got shuffled almost out of the top ten at one point and had to fight his way back to 2nd, keeping his nose clean the whole time I might add.

Christian Celaya was a weapon, caused a small pile up being completely off pace and running in the middle of the track as the leaders got to him.

Also, I took a selfie with Kenzie Ruston, so there was that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

K_Sherman wrote:
markmartinfan wrote:
K_Sherman wrote:
So I've just moved to South Carolina, near Spartanburg. Greenville-Pickens is about 45 minutes away. Anderson Speedway a little under an hour. There's also a dozen or so dirt tracks within a couple hours drive in any direction. Anybody have reccomendations for the area? I definitely plan to go check a K&N race at Greenville in September.

Greenville is the dumpiest racetrack I've ever been to... maybe I'm just spoiled by all the nice facilities in VA.

Two words. Urinal trough.

Went and watched the K&N East race last night with my dad while he was in town. (spoilers below). Without a doubt, that place was pretty rough.

Spoiler:
Racing wasn't bad, would've been better if anybody could've done anything with William Byron. He led every lap. It was close for second though all night. Gray Gaulding got shuffled almost out of the top ten at one point and had to fight his way back to 2nd, keeping his nose clean the whole time I might add.

Christian Celaya was a weapon, caused a small pile up being completely off pace and running in the middle of the track as the leaders got to him.

Also, I took a selfie with Kenzie Ruston, so there was that.

When K&N comes to Bristol, there's no getting on the track to get autographs or anything... it sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was going to go to one of the local tracks last weekend (either PASS @ Hickory or NWSMT @ SoBo) but wasn't able to after plans changed last second. Considering going somewhere this weekend but I might wait and go to something else later in the month (Bowman Gray season opener at the end of the month, Orange County has a CARS Tour race, a few other tracks running as well)

37 cars on the entry list for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour season opener at Thompson
http://hometracks.nascar.com/files/nwmt ... y_list.pdf

South Tour is at Langley this weekend as well. I believe every race at Langley but for the NWSMT will be streamed, as the NWSMT race is blacked out I believe due to the boring Cup race @ Texas being on television (same reasons as last year, for several races)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

racer612008 wrote:
South Tour is at Langley this weekend as well. I believe every race at Langley but for the NWSMT will be streamed, as the NWSMT race is blacked out I believe due to the boring Cup race @ Texas being on television (same reasons as last year, for several races)

I recorded the NSWMT race at Langley last night, the local divisions (I believe) were shown live on fanschoice.tv, the NSWMT race was blacked out due to the conflict the Cup series race but was shown delayed after midnight and is available on-demand on fanschoice.tv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bowman Gray season opener is tonight (weather permitting, and so far it's looking pretty good as it's clearing out/staying to the north). Most of the other tracks in the region has canceled due to weather however (only one other then BGS that has canceled is Friendship that I know of, tracks canceled: Concord 1/4 Mile, Dillon, Hickory, Millbridge, Myrtle Beach, Orange County etc.)

Got rained out, running next weekend.

Top 10 (locked in) Qualifying results from last night for tonight's 200 lap modified race. Rest of the field re qualify tonight
Spoiler:
1 - 13.309 - 4 - Jason Myers - Walnut Cove, NC

2 - 13.310 - 83 - Tim Brown - Tobaccoville, NC

3 - 13.345 - 04 - Brandon Ward - Winston-Salem, NC

4 - 13.411 -1 - Burt Myers - Walnut Cove, NC

5 - 13.532 - 13 - Chris Fleming - Mount Airy, NC

6 - 13.635 - 50 - Michael Clifton - Walkertown, NC

7 - 13.639 - 71 - Dean Ward - Winston-Salem, NC

8 - 13.653 - 48 - Brad Robbins - Winston-Salem, NC

9 - 13.664 - 77 - Lee Jeffreys - Winston-Salem, NC

10 - 13.683 - 5 - Randy Butner - Pfafftown, NC

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:17 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I've been having an interesting start to the racing season, started it out at Thompson for the Icebreaker, since then I've been to Albany-Saratoga, Utica-Rome and Lee USA already.

More importantly I took the race director position at Can-Am Speedway after originally being offered an announcer position, my main job is to run the one-way radio to the drivers. Last night was our first race and we ran off all 5 divisions in 2 hours and 30 minutes, everything went smoothly, track was glass smooth and I had a lot of fun. A couple weeks ago we had some practice sessions which I watched from the flag stand, which is an experience, especially when a 360 or 410 sprint car goes by underneath you.

Only downside is I'm living in Vermont so it's a 4+ hour haul for me to get down there on a Friday night after work, but since I'm a teacher I'll have the summer off and be able to spend the summer down there without having to go back and forth.

Tomorrow I think I might skip Talladega and go to Thunder Road instead for the ACT Late Models, I saw an awesome ACT race at Lee and Thunder Road is such a cool track.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

^ Awesome. My good buddy is the race director at Glen Ridge.

How was Malta (Albany-Saratoga)? I got to Fonda over the weekend for the first race of the year for us. Despite the bitching, it was a decent show with decent racing. Started at 6:45, Big Block main was done by about 10:15. We left before the Sportsman feature.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

We had a ministock do one of the most gentle flips I've ever seen during our opening night last night.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Was going to go to the season opener last Saturday at Bowman Gray but my plans changed last second. Apparently traffic was a compete mess due to the construction work ongoing for a updated highway exit on Hwy 52 that will add a new road right next to the track. Heard the races were mostly clean too.

Kyle Busch could be racing this weekend in the CARS Tour race at Hickory
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... a-race-car

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:31 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Malta was bad, I was at their season opener and the track was in rough shape, had to be graded several times during the night, but it was new clay so that's always a challenge to work in, Fonda had the same issue. Track damaged a lot of equipment, 2 flips in the sportsman and Billy Decker hit a sinkhole in turn one and went for a big flip, plus a flip in the 4 cylinder race. They ended at midnight, which I know because I stayed to the bitter end, stopped a couple times for naps on the way to Watertown and finally arrived at home at 6 am.

I did end up going to Thunder Road yesterday, and I have to say that I am becoming a big ACT fan, the racing has been outstanding at the two events I've been too this year. In the 150 lap feature there were two early cautions in the first 40 laps, but the remainder of the race was run under green with multiple lead changes and lots of intense racing in traffic, several unbelievable saves in that green stretch that should have been multi-car pileups. Brad Babb won, but the most impressive drive to me was Emily Packard who started 23rd and charged up to 6th in the green flag run making several daring three wide passes through the middle. While I've always been a dirt track fan, I am warming to asphalt racing, especially at Thunder Road as well as ACT, actually a little disappointed that I won't be able to get to many of their races since I'll be back in NY for the bulk of the summer.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Remember Oswego opens up this Saturday night with 50 laps of Big Block Supers, 35 laps for the Small Blocks and a 75 lap ROC Modified race.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:07 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yeah, next Saturday is pretty much a decision between Oswego or Brockville, ROC had a good car count at Chemung so Oswego might win out, would be good to see the supers in action again, I think 2011 was the last time I was there. Brockville can wait, that will probably be where I spend most of my Saturday nights since it's only an hour away even with the border, plus they had a great field of Street Stocks last year which is my all time favorite division.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I really need to try and go up to Oswego the next time I am up north. Only been to Shangri La 1/Tioga (went to one of the final races there before it became a gravel pit in 2005), Five Mile Point & Thunder Mountain though whenever I was up there visiting family. Also went (not for a race) to Shangri La 2 when they were building the track & passed by Chemung while traveling to Elmira (I think we were going that way to find my uncle or something, not sure), I think they already had the concrete down on the track at the time but I am not sure. From what I can tell it's a bad fast track. Shocked they race Legends on it considering how big it is.

hearing the CARS Tour race this weekend at Hickory is going to have alot of entries. They have had on average of around 32 cars in both Supers and LMSC so far this year.

joha107 wrote:
Malta was bad, I was at their season opener and the track was in rough shape, had to be graded several times during the night, but it was new clay so that's always a challenge to work in, Fonda had the same issue. Track damaged a lot of equipment, 2 flips in the sportsman and Billy Decker hit a sinkhole in turn one and went for a big flip, plus a flip in the 4 cylinder race. They ended at midnight, which I know because I stayed to the bitter end, stopped a couple times for naps on the way to Watertown and finally arrived at home at 6 am.

Heard about that from a friend who also went, I think I saw the Decker flip on Facebook too.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

^ Five Mile Point is a dump beyond compare, but it does produce some damn good racing. Went to the SuperNationals there 3 years ago I think. Big Block, Small Block, Sail Panels, running on gasoline or alcohol. Brett Deyo runs his series with a set of rules that allows just about anyone to race.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the UNOH Battle at the Beach is back for 2015, UNOH will be sponsoring the entire Myrtle Beach Speedweeks in November including the Myrtle Beach 400 for Late Model Stock Cars & the KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series season finale
http://race22.com/unoh-adds-prestige-to-myrtle-beach-speedweeks/

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So I went to Millbridge last night for their SPEED SPORT Challenge race, track was slammed packed and was hard to find a place to sit in the stands. 80 karts showed up including some NASCAR & World of Outlaws regulars, racing overall was pretty good but it had some nasty wrecks and a delay before the start of the A-main because of a power outage that knocked out timing/scoring & the live PPV stream.
Spoiler:
Logan Seavey won the feature, Kyle Larson was flat flying, almost got the lead in the final laps but he hit the berm on the inside a time or 2 and that slowed him down a bit.

Charlotte Motor Speedway to do a live PPV streaming package with PRN and SPEED51 for this year's Bojangles Summer Shootout. Glad they are doing some sort of coverage along with the highlights package on MavTV. I should be racing in this series in the Legends Semi Pro division but I am not sure if I will be running the full season/going for points at this point.
http://legendsnation.com/2015/05/21/201 ... ly-recaps/

Glenn Donnelly and Central New York Raceway Park has taken over management of Rolling Wheels Raceway. This isn't the first time Donnelly has ran Rolling Wheels as he was part owner of the track from 1976 to 2004. Donnelly plans to facelift the track including of adding petroleum based synthetic wax ("SYNDI") to the racing surface. Donnelly also plans to bring back the Rush Hour on DIRT television package with live coverage.
http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/NewPress/?p=4879

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the North South Shootout will return to Concord Speedway this November! :thumbsup: :flag:
http://speed51.com/north-south-shootout ... -november/

edit:
and it's on the same weekend as World of Outlaws World Finals like in past :slaphead:
I want to go to both, I guess Charlotte on Friday/Concord on Saturday then :p

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bowman Gray highlights from last Saturday, going there next Saturday to watch the K&N East race.

Meanwhile also from last Saturday at Bowman Gray :whistling:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scary supermodified crash at Star Speedway last night:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 62140 Next