TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40140 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just read some of the twitter updates. What I've read is absolutely laughable. Here are some of the highlights:

-There are NO jet dryers at the track.

-They restarted the race on a wet race track and Kyle Busch crashed out. Kyle Busch has since called this race "a shit show."

-Nobody seems to know wheather to start counting caution laps or not.

-There is a curfew at the track at 11:30 local time.

-PASS seems to be hopeful that there is one more window of opportunity to restart the race.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There are trucks circiling the track trying to dry it. Ross Kenseth leads, Bubba Pollard is 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The race has been called due to rain. Ross Kenseth is the winner.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POtPO8TBe-I

Meant to share this earlier in the year. I was calling this race at Wall Stadium Speedway; and we had a terrible crash in our Street Stock division.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Couldn't really hear that well, but you sort of sound like Allen Bestwick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:54 am 

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Couldn't really hear that well, but you sort of sound like Allen Bestwick.

I love Bestwick, and had a chance to talk to him a little bit about trying to get better week to week. It's ironic you say that, because he is the guy who's style I would love to mold. That is if I am fortunate to make a career of it.

Forgot to mention, there is a longer version which I will post tomorrow where they interviewed Bill (car 19). He didn't realize at the time the tip of his middle finger had been cut clearly off his left hand, and his ring and pinky fingers were almost mangled beyond repair. After some surgery, he came back for the season finale last week, and finished 3rd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oxford Plains Speedway/PASS wrote:
Veteran motorsports promoter Tom Mayberry has entered into an agreement to purchase Oxford Plains Speedway. The transaction is expected to become final this week. The track is being purchased from previous owner Bill Ryan who has operated the speedway since 1998. Mayberry, a former racer himself, has found a great deal of success as Owner and President of the Pro All Stars Series (PASS). PASS was founded in 2001 and has since grown to be the nation’s premier sanctioning body for asphalt short track racing. PASS currently sanctions a variety of stock car divisions throughout North America. Mayberry knows the challenges of owning and promoting a racing facility and is looking forward to his latest endeavor.
“Obviously, I grew up attending races at Oxford Plains and eventually was able to race there myself,” said Mayberry. “We hope we can continue the great tradition at Oxfor
d and are looking forward to a bright future. I’m looking forward to working with the competitors and the fans and I hope to have their support.”
The TD Bank 250 is the biggest single day short track event in the United States and that great tradition will continue under Mayberry’s leadership. The 40th Annual TD Bank 250 weekend has already been scheduled and will be contested July 19-21, 2013. The TD Bank 250 will be a PASS sanctioned, “open” Super Late Model event with qualifying and racing for the PASS Super Late Models on July 21 to continue the single day tradition. It will be the first time the TD Bank 250 has featured Super Late Models since 2006 when the division formerly known as Pro Stocks last competed in the event. Rules are being adjusted at this time so various competitors can make their cars legal if they wish to compete.
The Oxford Plains Speedway regular season opener is tentatively scheduled for April 20, 2013. The full season schedule and event schedule for the TD Bank 250 will be complete by December 1. This will be a major transition period for everyone involved in Oxford Plains Speedway, but the new management will let competitors know divisions and rules for 2013 by approximately November 5.
Plans are in the works for Oxford Plains Speedway to be a multi-use facility with more major events currently being scheduled at this time. A swap meet/flea market has already been announced for October 25-27, 2013 with more details to be announced in the near future.
For media or marketing questions please contact Alan Dietz at alandietzpass@live.com or 704-231-2039. More details will be announced soon and can be found at oxfordplains.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Keith Lair/Whittier Daily News wrote:
Racing will return to Irwindale Speedway in March, promoter Jim Cohan said on Friday.

"We have the green light from (track owner) Nu-Way (Industries)," said Cohan, owner and CEO of 211 Entertainment LLC, which owns and operates the L.A. Racing Experience at the speedway.

No date has been formalized, but Cohan said his company and Nu-Way "have a deal in spirit to have an event in March."

The race could lead to more racing next year.

"When fans come through the turnstile, they'll see that a new group is in town," Cohan said. "It will not be all about racing. It will be family fun."

Cohan said go-karts and other activities will create a festival-like atmosphere.

Cohan said he is trying to negotiate a long-term lease to operate oval racing at the track for Irwindale Events Center, a subsidiary of 211 Entertainment.

"We're waiting for the dots to be dotted and the Ts to be crossed," he said. "It takes time."

In partnership with Nu-Way, Irwindale Events Center already holds weekly NHRA drag racing and rents the facility.

Irwindale Speedway LLC operated the track for 13 years before filing bankruptcy papers in February. The last oval race at the facility was last year's USAC Turkey Night Grand Prix.

This weekend's Formula Drift season finale will be the only time this year that a publicly-paying racing event will be held at Irwindale. It is expected to sell out.

Cohan said that he
had wanted to have races this year.

"We could have done it this year, but there were underlining things that made it so we couldn't," he said.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

14 year old Kyle Benjamin just won the 41st Annual Winchester 400, after passing Ross Kenseth in the final corner of the last lap. Benjamin came back from being 2 laps behind after tire problems. Chase Elliott finished 3rd. Kyle Busch was knocked out of the race after getting involved in a wreck on lap 8.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer612008 wrote:
Racing will return to Irwindale Speedway in March, promoter Jim Cohan said on Friday.

"We have the green light from (track owner) Nu-Way (Industries)," said Cohan, owner and CEO of 211 Entertainment LLC, which owns and operates the L.A. Racing Experience at the speedway.

No date has been formalized, but Cohan said his company and Nu-Way "have a deal in spirit to have an event in March."

"When fans come through the turnstile, they'll see that a new group is in town," Cohan said. "It will not be all about racing. It will be family fun."

Cohan said go-karts and other activities will create a festival-like atmosphere.

Cohan said he is trying to negotiate a long-term lease to operate oval racing at the track for Irwindale Events Center, a subsidiary of 211 Entertainment.

"We're waiting for the dots to be dotted and the Ts to be crossed," he said. "It takes time."

In partnership with Nu-Way, Irwindale Events Center already holds weekly NHRA drag racing and rents the facility.

Irwindale Speedway LLC operated the track for 13 years before filing bankruptcy papers in February. The last oval race at the facility was last year's USAC Turkey Night Grand Prix.

This weekend's Formula Drift season finale will be the only time this year that a publicly-paying racing event will be held at Irwindale. It is expected to sell out.

Cohan said that he

"We could have done it this year, but there were underlining things that made it so we couldn't," he said.

Awesome news. Irwindale is a great short track.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

racer612008 wrote:

Cohan said that he

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

World Series of Speedway Racing at Thompson this weekend was awesome as ever.

One of the soopah's went in big time during their heats, 160+mph going into T1 and the throttle hung.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There was a change in the results after the Winchester 400. The winning car driven by Kyle Benjamin was disqualified after being found with a rev limiter chip, which is illegal. Ross Kenseth was declared the winner after his car passed inspection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woodski wrote:
World Series of Speedway Racing at Thompson this weekend was awesome as ever.

One of the soopah's went in big time during their heats, 160+mph going into T1 and the throttle hung.

I'm guessing that is Dave Sanborn. I know Timmy Jedreznek (sp?) crashed hard too but I think he went in backwards. Car really doesn't look too bad for having a stuck throttle.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How did I not know about this guy before?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just found this on youtube, looks big. Apparently it started when Corey LaJoie wrecked Brett Moffit for the win on the last lap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Massive wreck for a short track. Looks like 5 or 6 cars in it at least. It was just a massive cloud of smoke. The people behind wouldn't have seen anything.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And I doubt they were lifting if that was coming to the checkers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

More on LaJoie... Apparently he failed post race tech with a carb infraction. He was fined 25 points and loses the lead heading into the Rockingham finale this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ok, now I'm excited.

Jake Perkins Motorsports Fan Page wrote:
Big news! Jake will have a teammate for the FUPS Series finale at Auburndale Speedway on December 8th! Current NASCAR driver and local fan favorite David Reutimann will pilot a Jake Perkins Motorsports machine for this race! We are looking forward to working with David for this event and we can't wait! More details to follow!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 40140 Next