TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32140 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I had my GoPro in a Late Model for the first time at South Boston yesterday and that microphone made a huge difference. I should have a highlight video online in a couple days. One thing I forgot to mention is that having a mic plugged in will drain the battery more quickly. I decided to buy the Battery BacPac (seen here), which turned out to be a good call because I'm sure it wouldn't have recorded the whole race otherwise. With two batteries and the external mic I got 2 hours and 51 minutes of recording time. I think that's about 65% of what it could do without the mic but having good sound is worth the shorter recording time in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:51 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Brendan24 wrote:
I never really noticed this thread until just now, but seeing as how a few of you appear to be familiar with New Smyrna Speedway you may find this interesting.

I (Brendan Langlois) will be making my first Pro Late Model start on the 24th of this month in the 100 lap season opener at New Smyrna. I'll be running the number 36 car for Tim Russell Incorporated.

Really looking forward to it, haven't been able to race anything the last couple of years because we haven't had to money, and sponsorship is pretty hard to come by these days. This is an amazing opportunity, TRI is one of the best late model teams around and it's an honor to drive for him. I'm also going to be buying a GoPro cam before the race so hopefully I can post all my onboard footage on here.

Are you in the same car Riley Emmell was in during the World Series, then?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Highlights from South Boston Speedway on March 10, 2012:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Brendan24 wrote:
I never really noticed this thread until just now, but seeing as how a few of you appear to be familiar with New Smyrna Speedway you may find this interesting.

I (Brendan Langlois) will be making my first Pro Late Model start on the 24th of this month in the 100 lap season opener at New Smyrna. I'll be running the number 36 car for Tim Russell Incorporated.

Really looking forward to it, haven't been able to race anything the last couple of years because we haven't had to money, and sponsorship is pretty hard to come by these days. This is an amazing opportunity, TRI is one of the best late model teams around and it's an honor to drive for him. I'm also going to be buying a GoPro cam before the race so hopefully I can post all my onboard footage on here.

Are you in the same car Riley Emmell was in during the World Series, then?

Yes I am, same exact car. It'll look totally different for me though. Tim designed a new graphics package that I believe all of his drivers will run this year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

jackpot!

Going to use them to go to the first FUP late model race this weekend with my dad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:41 am 
The most anticipated member

There's a big controverse going on at the moment about the financial boost Pietro Fittipaldi is having to make a NASCAR career.

Yesterday, there was a report on internet accusing Emerson Fittipaldi of using a legislative loophole to secure enough funds for Pietro. All because in Brazil there's a law that allows tax waiver in case you want to invest on sports, it's the law to encourage the sport and culture. This way, Emerson managed to have his own companies free of taxes If he's investing the money (that could have gone to the nation) to Pietro Fittipaldi and his NASCAR career.

Today, Emerson answered all accusations, read his text a while ago, defending himself. And there's absolutely NOTHING illegal on it at all. People are just outraged because Emerson used a legal government solution to keep financing his grandson. He wrote that in 2011 Pietro had 100% family support but this year, the financial demands on his career are much bigger, bigger than the Fittipaldi family can afford, so they used the brazilian law of sport and culture to keep supporting Pietro...It's in the brazilian legislation!

Ok, I agree the money could have been used for other things, but in the other hand, to encourage a brazilian in any Motorsports abroad is a positive thing....If that allows Pietro to have a solid NASCAR career, why not? We have to invest on our talents. It's not that money that will make us poorer or richer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:16 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

lol brazil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
lol brazil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A few videos from Auburndale the other night.

Lap 1 legends crash. (My video)

Another steadier angle, but further away

Onboard with #15 Michael Torres 2:10 in this video

And onboard with Teddy Lively At 2:30 here

The finish to the Southeast Champ Karts race. Wesley Gonzales wins from 3rd on a one lap shootout.

There was mention of a pretty serious crash earlier in that day, where a driver had his throttle hang off of turn 4 and he slammed the outside wall and burst into flames. Allegedly there is video of it but the person doesn't want to post it because of how violent the crash was. The driver, Keith Lilley walked away though.

There were only 14 late models for the FUP race. Top 8 qualifiers drew randomly for their starting spots. Jonathan Guy (track owners son) drew the #1 spot. Daniel Webster started 2nd. Guy led the majority of the 100 lap race. On a restart with around 30 laps to go, Webster got underneath Guy and blew by him going into turn 3, but the caution came out for a spin in turn 1 before they got back to the line so positions reverted back to the previous run lap, so Guy went back to the lead. It got down to about 20 to go before Webster took another shot at the lead. He got a fender on him in 3 and a door on him off 4. At that point I didn't see who moved into who but they got together going down the front stretch sending Webber spinning into the infield and nearly ramping off one of the dirt mounds housing the light poles. Patrick Staropoli, running in 3rd at the time drove around both of them when the caution came out. The next 3 laps under caution was spent by Webster and Guy pacing side by side occasionally both speeding ahead of Staropoli who sped back in front of them. Eventually track officials sent both Daniel Webster and Jonathan Guy to the back of the field. With ten to go Webster stopped on track to bring out the caution, he was already at the back so they couldn't really penalize him. Jake Perkins, now in second with a torn up race car from an earlier accident made a hard charge but couldn't get past him and Patrick Staropoli was the eventual winner.

Two other drivers, Josh Todd and Eddie King were disqualified for getting out of their cars on track after King was dumped on a restart. Mind you, Eddie King caused about three cautions driving way in over his head into the turns spinning 3 people out over the course of the night. They both got out and exchanged words. Both cars left the track. A few minutes later, a track official got the attention of the flag man and pointed towards the pit area. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY in the stands stood up and started looking in that direction. I can only assume that they were fighting out there, but I couldn't see anything.

Pictures of all 14 starters on track for the autograph session.
[spoiler]Eddie King
Daniel Webster
David King
Josh Todd
Patrick Staropoli
Kevin Macy
Anthony Campi
Mike Smith
Brian Finney
Jesse Dutilly
Ryan Lisak
Steve Dorer
Jake Perkins
Jonathan Guy
Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Picture of Keith Lilley's car after the practice crash Saturday afternoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:06 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

K_Sherman wrote:
Picture of Keith Lilley's car after the practice crash Saturday afternoon

What the hell did he hit? 8O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would have to think he hit the edge of the opening in the middle of turn 4 or come pretty damn close. Throttle hung going into 4.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've seen a lot of stuck throttles in my time, but never one where it caused a crash on the exit of a corner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't hear the whole story but when the track announcer was describing it after qualifying he said 'something' broke in the carburetor that caused it. Could only find one other article about it and it only says it was caused by "mechanical problems"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I am now the official videographer at three different racetracks. The headache is that two of them race on Saturday nights so now I gotta find someone to fill in for me at one of them when they race on the same night.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

According to Kenny Wallace's twitter page Rusty Wallace is coming out of retirement to race in the Howie Lettow Memorial ASA race at the Milwaukee Mile this summer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:19 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

If anyone was wondering, the Pro Late Model 100 lapper at New Smyrna Speedway I was supposed to compete in last weekend was rained out. I still got to do a ton of testing, and qualified 5th out of 15 cars before the rain came down. It definitely sucks though because my car had a long run setup, and was fast enough to compete for the win. Gonna figure out another race to do in a month or so to make up for this one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:53 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

That is awesome. I was at the track saturday while my friend tested a late model. Said it was by far the most fun thing he's ever done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I made my first TV commercial for Langley Speedway, it begins airing this week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

My highlight video from Southside Speedway on April 1, 2012.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 128 29 30 31 32140 Next