TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28140 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:18 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Highlights from the Virginia is for Racing Lovers 300 at Martinsville Speedway on October 9, 2011.
It had pretty much everything you could possibly want in a race, high pressure heat races, a full field of the best Late Model Stock Car drivers in the region, crashes, close racing, and a wild finish.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:13 am 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

One of the drivers from my local track here in Texas is going to be racing up at South Boston for the 300, next weekend as part of him preparing to race over there and enter some K&N East races. Should be right at home with some of the racing I saw in that Martinsville race.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks for the vid MMF. Great as always. What a cheap way to win btw.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 am 

I really hope there is going to be some highlight videos of the South Boston race. Apparently Lee Pulliam (Martinsville winner) slammed into race winner Phillip Morris head on hard on the cooldown lap.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I wish I could have been there, it sounds like it was as epic as Martinsville was. I hope SoBo's videographer was there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 am 

The guy from my local track that ran the #99 got wrecked about 6 times in that race.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Appearently Peyton Sellers got arrested for assaulting an official in the post race brawl.

•Peyton Sellers arrested for assaulting NASCAR official: Former NASCAR Whelen All-American Series National Champion and South Boston Speedway NASCAR track champion Peyton Sellers of Danville has been charged with a misdemeanor assault charge in the wake of a fight that followed Saturday's 300-lap NASCAR Late Model Stock Car race at South Boston Speedway. Halifax County Sheriff's Office Investigator J.D. Clay said Sellers was served a summons Saturday night charging him with the assault and battery of a track NASCAR official. The charge Sellers is facing is a Class I misdemeanor. Sellers, a Danville resident, was released on his own recognizance. One track NASCAR official was injured during the post-race incident and was treated Saturday night at Halifax Regional Hospital. The Halifax County Sheriff's Department is continuing its investigation into the fights that erupted in the pit area after the race. "The investigation of the incident is ongoing," Clay said. "It's possible additional arrests may be made in the future." Sheriff's deputies obtained copies of videotapes and photographs made of the incident and took statements from several individuals. Semora, N.C. driver Lee Pulliam and Morris were involved in an incident after the race in which Pulliam rammed his car head-on into Morris' car just after the race ended. The incident triggered fights in the pit area and disagreements and shouting between Pulliam and Morris fans in the stands. Four officers from the Halifax County Sheriff's Department, one Virginia State Police trooper and one officer from the South Boston Police Department came to the speedway to help maintain order.(Gazette Virginian)(10-25-2011)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:23 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

racerap.com is terrible, but there's been quite a bit of discussion about this there and one person did have an interesting post that may or may not be deleted at some point, so I figured I'd post it here as well.

Ernie wrote:
Lost in the aftermath of this South Boston incident is the fact that SoBo official Warren “Lightning” Saunders "...filed assault and battery charges against Peyton Sellers on Saturday night, but agreed to drop the charges Tuesday after he and South Boston Speedway general manager Cathy Rice set up a meeting with Sellers to discuss the issue. Saunders stated that Sellers never touched him and that his contact with Sellers was not intentional." (from GoDanRiver.com article)

Perhaps Saunders' nickname "Lightning" refers to how quickly he can change his story.

Saunders files CRIMINAL CHARGES, stating that Sellers assaulted and battered him, and then Saunders says later that Sellers never laid a finger on him? Well, what's the truth, "Lightning"?

Seems the truth is either (A) Saunders indeed took some licks for sticking his nose in Sellers' & Pulliam's business, only to drop the charges later after a private meeting, which would make Saunders a back-room dealer, or (B), Saunders was never touched but filed FALSE criminal charges against Sellers anyway, which would make Saunders a liar. Sellers denies ever touching Saunders, now Saunders says the same, so I reckon the truth is (B).

I know RaceRap prohibits slandering in posts, but I think it's fair to say that Saunders has slandered himself with his actions. What a disgrace.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Some post race video, includes a bit of the fight and interviews with the top four finishers including Morris and Pulliam.

What was really lost in the discussion of this race is that CE Falk transferred into the feature through the heat race, started in the back, went through the field, got caught up in a wreck, went to the back again, came through the field again, and nearly won the race (I believe he was in the lead at the white flag).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:20 pm 

Haha wow..The kid from my local track was right in that mess. He was driving a Sellers built car for that race and Peyton was his crew chief.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I read that the charges against Peyton Sellers were dropped by the official. Sellers, Lee Pulliam and another crew member were suspended indefinately.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Went to the Crash-A-Rama at Auburndale last night. It was a helluva lot of fun, but there were more cars for a crash and bash than I've ever seen for an actual race. More fans in the stands too. That was the first time I've ever seen a ticket line the length of the front straightaway outside the track, and that was 15 minutes before show time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've got a feeling that the Bluegrass Speedway's days are numbered.

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?236164 ... -Promoters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not sure if this was posted, but, albany saratoga was going to close. BUT THEN. Lebanon Valley bought it or something and will now handle the racing there. The first thing LV did with the track was put the dirt back down. woot!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

dr dog wrote:
Not sure if this was posted, but, albany saratoga was going to close. BUT THEN. Lebanon Valley bought it or something and will now handle the racing there. The first thing LV did with the track was put the dirt back down. woot!

Howie Commander (owner/promoter at LV) is leasing the track from what I understand, I think it's only a one or two year lease, the track wouldn't be allowed to remain a track if the ownership changes from the Richards family due to some agreement with the town iirc. The other track owned by the Richards family, Devils Bowl in VT, was sold outright to Mike Bruno and will remain an asphalt track. I think you'll see a much better program at A-S next year, I'll definitely try and make at least one trip over there if the car counts are solid.

I mentioned Fulton Speedway potentially closing due to a noise ordinance earlier in this thread, that is looking unlikely to happen. The track had a few hundred supporters show up to the town meeting versus one guy and his lawyer fighting for the noise ordinance, so I believe the track made their point and will hopefully be back in operation as normal next season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Found a video with a bunch of recent pictures of the USA International Speedway in Lakeland. It's what you'd expect out of a track that's been closed for a few years. Completely overgrown, some structures beginning to fall apart. Really depressing to see it in this state.

I'd like to get out there one day just to see it for myself. Don't know why but I've always been fascinated with abandoned race tracks. Just seeing how they degrade and fall apart after upkeep is haulted.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

so i'll be driving for my buddy next year, it's official

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:03 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Beaver Dragon wrote:

What and where are you racing?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:42 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The Myrtle Beach 400 is today, I wish I could have been there but it's just a bit too far to drive for a one day trip.
There will be live updates here starting at 11 am EST (Racing starts at 12:30): http://www.race22.com/live2011/Myrtle_B ... ceDay.html

59 cars attempted to qualify yesterday, the polesitter is Jamey Caudill with Davin Scites on his outside.
There will be a couple of heat races to fill out the starting grid, followed by a 100 lap Southeast Limited Late Model race, and the 250 lap Late Model Stock Car feature.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

joha107 wrote:
Beaver Dragon wrote:

What and where are you racing?

waterford speedbowl, x car division. 1989 nissan 240sx

my number:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28140 Next