TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23140 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:57 pm 

ISMA ran at Waterford this weekend and it was terrible. They couldn't get the race going, took 3 tries just to get it started, had to refuel at lap 8 of 50, and 3ish red flags. During the last red, which took forever, the fog rolled in, but ISMA decided to finish the race anyways even though you couldn't even see across the track. They called the race on lap 47 when the leader wrecked.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

roushman31 wrote:
ISMA ran at Waterford this weekend and it was terrible. They couldn't get the race going, took 3 tries just to get it started, had to refuel at lap 8 of 50, and 3ish red flags. During the last red, which took forever, the fog rolled in, but ISMA decided to finish the race anyways even though you couldn't even see across the track. They called the race on lap 47 when the leader wrecked.

Ah the Waterford Shithole, er, Speedbowl. I have no idea why ISMA goes there. Supers have no business on that track... Let alone twice a year.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
roushman31 wrote:

Ah the Waterford Shithole, er, Speedbowl. I have no idea why ISMA goes there. Supers have no business on that track... Let alone twice a year.

Deal with it.

I love it when they come here.

We got second this weekend, and I'll take a second to Kenny, cause he's the man.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

BeaverDragon wrote:
westracing01 wrote:
roushman31 wrote:

Deal with it.

I love it when they come here.

I didn't say I don't go when they do race there. As a matter of fact, it's the only reason I've ever gone there. I may not like the track, but I love the Supers, and that love over-rules my dislike. Surely you've been to Stafford or Thompson to see the winged warriors race?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yup, not as impressed at them there as I am at the 'Bowl.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:32 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Wacky Wednesday at Langley Speedway on May 25th:

Highlights from Langley Speedway on May 28th, featuring a few clips from the USAR Pro Cup race:

Highlights from Sheandoah Speedway on May 30th:

Wednesday night there was a shitload of spins mostly because one car dropped a bunch of coolant all over the track and the cleanup crew dropped a mountain of stay dry over the whole track and then couldn't properly remove it from the track. So it started looking like amateur hour at a dirt track after a while.

Saturday night featured a 250 lap USAR Pro Cup race which was actually pretty good. I was manning a TV camera for the race and got some pretty good shots from turn 1 even though it was a bit different having someone telling me who to follow and whatnot. I also had a friend running one of my cameras from turn 1 to get some shots for the highlight video. Spoiler ---> The Pro Cup race was pretty good, Jeff Agnew had the dominant car at the end but on a green-white-checkered J.P. Morgan pulled a bump and run and stole the win.

Monday afternoon at Shenandoah Speedway was just awful, it was at least 95 degrees, high humidity, not a breath of wind to be found, and I was just baking in the sun. It was so hot that my camera actually glitched out a few times so I had to quit recording until I found a place to stand with some shade. The Legends had so many cars they split them up into two races, Young Lions and Pro/Semi-Pro/Masters. Unfortunately most of the other divisions had some pretty weak car counts. But it was worth the drive to see the Legends and the UCARs race.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Highlights from a wild night of racing at Langley Speedway on June 4th:

In addition to some of the craziness that's on the highlights, Doug Godsey (Late Model #05) called Matt Waltz (Late Model #2) "an idiot" and then said "he just fucking came down on me" over the PA. Matt calmly walked over to Doug who immediately shoved Matt. At that point Matt began swinging at Doug's head, landing a couple glancing blows as crew members and officials pounced on the two drivers to separate them. Needless to say, the crowd went nuts. Kinda sucked though because Doug took out some good cars with his stupidity on the first lap of the first race on a twin 50 night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The Langley officials really really dropped the ball this week when they decided to fine and suspend Matt and Kyle Waltz for their actions in this past weekend's Late Model races. It makes me so mad just thinking about it right now and when I see the race director I'm going to let him know what a stupid call this was. Matt Waltz and Doug Godsey got together on the first lap of the first Late Model race and as a result there were four torn up cars sitting in turn 3. Godsey supporters say Matt come down into Doug and Waltz supporters say Doug divebombed Matt. Looking at the onboard video I'm more inclined to agree with the Waltz supporters because Matt was clear on the backstretch but Doug just tried to force the issue when it was completely unnecessary. The reason Matt was suspended is because (they say) he entered Doug Godsey's pit area and initiated a fight. In reality Doug was standing next to his car which was in the middle of pit road. Doug looked right at Matt Waltz, who was calmly standing about 20 feet away, and called him "an idiot" and then said "he just fucking came down on me." Doug then started walking towards Matt and immediately shoved him, of course Matt wasn't going to take that and punched Godsey a couple times before they were both pulled away. Godsey started the whole damn thing and he got nothing, not even a fine. Complete bullshit. The officials fucked this up badly and I'm pretty damn sure we just lost two Late Models as a result. No question it was the wrong call as nobody in the scenario wins, the track loses two competitive cars, the fans lose out because the quality of the field is down, and if the Waltz team decides to go to South Boston instead it'll probably take them a few weeks to get up to speed again. Additionally, Kyle Waltz was suspended for "rough driving" which is code for 'Kyle initiated the crash the led to Jeff Shiflett's brand new car getting destroyed.' If Jeff hadn't been on the outside of Doug Godsey he would have never launched into the outside wall and it would have just been some good hard racing with Kyle and Doug bumping and banging a little. What I want to know is why Greg Edwards wasn't suspended for "rough driving"? He spun Paul DeBolt in the first race and Wes Falk in the second race, leading to both Wes' car and Shayne Lockhart's car sustaining heavy damage. The officials made the wrong call and if they don't know it now I'm going to make sure they do. Also, I would be very happy to see Doug Godsey's car destroyed every. single. week. He is the biggest asshole in racing, bar none. He's apparently got and infinite budget as I'm sure he could have a new car out there every week if he wanted. He's pretty much like a spoiled brat, even though he's not a kid. He goes out there, runs into everything, blames everyone else, and yells at his crew constantly. He is the problem and for some reason the officials can't see it or don't want to see it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Be careful man, they may fire you as the videographer. Or do you have an official position with the track?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

As long as I don't piss off the track owner I'm a-ok. And even then, I don't think he would fire me the first time I pissed him off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't think of a driver named Doug that doesn't wreck the shit out of guys through bone-headed decisions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Last couple weekends were fun, Memorial weekend races at Oswego and Utica-Rome were good, U-R had a nice field of 40 modifieds and the racing was pretty decent. Though the ROC field was pretty disappointing at Oswego, I still went to their next race at Airborne, that track is something else, great racing, great atmosphere and a really well run program. If I lived closer I'd probably go there every week, it was pretty wild watching 31 DIRT modifieds on an asphalt track with guys smoking the right rear through the corners. Chuck Hossfeld went back to back winning the ROC race, George Foley won the DIRT Modified race running a Ford spec motor.

Also brought my camera to Oswego and caught a minor hit into the styrofoam when Jody London was being lapped and got into the marbles and slid up into the turn four wall.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Well I went down to the track today and talked to Bill, the owner, and he made a very compelling argument for why he did what he did. While I still don't completely agree with what they did, I understand it in the context of the big picture now. Bill knows how to run a racetrack and I'm confident I don't needs to second guess his decisions.
I still think Godsey needs some kind of penalty for his actions, but whatever, he'll get what's coming to him at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Had a pretty scary looking accident at the Jeffersonville Sportsdrome last night, looks like a few people were injured.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Holy shit!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've always been concerned about the pit entrance/exit spots at Sportsdrome. They're pretty accessible for a spinning car (or in this case, an airborne car) and I've seen many cases of cars nearly going into them. And there's always people standing right there in harm's way. Unbelievable. The good news is that the injuries don't sound serious. Per a Youtube comment: "so glad they are ok so far 1 has broken hip and pelvic bone another has broken leg no news on the 3rd the driver was just shaken up he is fine"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm surprised the Louisville news doesn't have anything about the incident.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:38 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Highlights from the past couple weeks at Langley Speedway...
June 8th:

June 11th:

June 15th:

June 18th, including a few clips from the K&N Pro Series East race:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 am 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Im putting the final touches on completing a team, but I will be attempting to make my first racing start this week sometime at Thunderhill raceway in a special one off event, with some of the best drivers in Texas entered.

Its a 150 lap endurance go-kart oval race with a team consisting of 5 drivers. Each driver must run atleast 15 laps in the race. Grand prize is $5,000 to the winning team.

Heres an example of the NasKart races:

------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news theres been serious issues with the Late Models and Allison Legacy classes here. Driving standards have been abysmal. The Allison Legacies almost every race have had a crash thats involved over 75% of the cars running. Which is generally 6-8. Late Model drivers are just driving with absolutely no respect this year.

In good news we do have the 2nd place driver in the NASCAR Whelen National standings in Zak Hausler who has been incredible this year at both Thunderhill and Houston Motorsports Park.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hank Hill wrote:
Im putting the final touches on completing a team, but I will be attempting to make my first racing start this week sometime at Thunderhill raceway in a special one off event, with some of the best drivers in Texas entered.

Its a 150 lap endurance go-kart oval race with a team consisting of 5 drivers. Each driver must run atleast 15 laps in the race. Grand prize is $5,000 to the winning team.

Heres an example of the NasKart races:

------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news theres been serious issues with the Late Models and Allison Legacy classes here. Driving standards have been abysmal. The Allison Legacies almost every race have had a crash thats involved over 75% of the cars running. Which is generally 6-8. Late Model drivers are just driving with absolutely no respect this year.

In good news we do have the 2nd place driver in the NASCAR Whelen National standings in Zak Hausler who has been incredible this year at both Thunderhill and Houston Motorsports Park.

Hausler is 8th.

My track has last years National titlist and current Whelen Points leader.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23140 Next