TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21140 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:05 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The race last night at Langley Speedway was absolutely incredible. Pretty much every division had some close racing for the lead, the Late Model racing was intense with drivers running side by side for multiple laps, pulling crossover moves, and some good old beating and banging. Here's the highlights from last night:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:07 am 

Mobil1fan wrote:
Is Bob Barney really that screwed in the head, or is it an act?

RaceRap blows haha. Race22.com :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dad and I just made a quick decision to go watch open wheel modifieds at Auburndale tonight instead of watching the Cup race.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:32 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Is it Punta Grove or Auburndale that's owned by psychos?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i just saw the greatest street stock race that i have ever witnessed

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
Is it Punta Grove or Auburndale that's owned by psychos?
I've heard alot of shit talked about Auburndale's owner, Rex Guy, on facebook. Stuff like him turning cars away for open test days because they didn't have Hoosier tires and claims of favoritism towards certain drivers. The most recent being a late model driver who I assume wrecked his way to a top 3 finish without being penalized, that ended with the track being pelted with cans and bottles. I can't really support those claims one way or the other, simply because I just don't go down there that often.

There was a car tonight that had the name of that page on the side of his car with the words "No Favoritism Here" on the side of it. Picture of that here I didn't catch the whole incident but there was contact between him and another car which sent the other car around. They sent them both to the back (as they do with anybody involved in a caution) and I guess he gave the flagman the "one fingered salute". They immediately disqualified him and he proceeded to do donuts in the grass.

As for the racing tonight, the best race by far was the Legends. 20 car field was the biggest car count of all classes. The open wheel modified class was scheduled to be a 40 lap feature. There were only 6 cars at the track so I assume for that reason they cut the feature race in half. I caught a few spins and thats about it. Didn't take near as much video as I did last time.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:19 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I drove 4+ hours to Motor Mile Speedway this weekend since pretty much every track in Virginia was closed due to NASCAR being at Richmond. Car counts are down a bit there but there was still some pretty good racing and a few wrecks so overall I think it was far better than sitting home and watching the Cup race on TV.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think you will find that video might be popular over at iRacing.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Street stocks look so much cooler up there :p
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also, this is what the sportsman class looks like.

This
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And this are in the same class lol
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

markmartinfan wrote:
I drove 4+ hours to Motor Mile Speedway this weekend since pretty much every track in Virginia was closed due to NASCAR being at Richmond. Car counts are down a bit there but there was still some pretty good racing and a few wrecks so overall I think it was far better than sitting home and watching the Cup race on TV.

Two things I hate about U-Cars, they have to be FWD, and they have to be American.

Also, do they performance balance the Monte Carlos and Camaros in the street stock division? I know we're not allowed to use Camaros up here due to the rear suspension being far superior. Which is fine by me because I think those Camaros look horrible haha.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The sale of the Oswego Speedway finally went through last week. Out are Steve Gioia Sr. and Pat Furlong, In are brothers John and Eric Torresse. Only good things can come from this. It is my understanding that renevations are all ready underway. Opening day is May 28th.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Highlights from Wacky Wednesday on May 4, 2011:

About Street Stocks...ones like what they run at Motor Mile are obviously the product of a runaway rulebook. To me a Street Stock is completely stock other than some safety modifications. The Street Stocks they run at Motor Mile could probably run in the Grand Stock division at Langley Speedway and I think they're probably closer to the Late Models that run at Southside than the Grand Stocks that run there. As for UCARs, they can be pretty entertaining as an entry level division even though I don't like FWD cars.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:44 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

These are all in the same Street Stock class for 2011:
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

These are in the equivalent class at a different track for 2011:
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Suffice to say, Ontario rules between tracks are fucked up 5 ways from Friday.
PS: This was from an actual Pro LM invitational in 2007, where someone found a loophole in the rules:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

markmartinfan wrote:
Highlights from Wacky Wednesday on May 4, 2011:

About Street Stocks...ones like what they run at Motor Mile are obviously the product of a runaway rulebook. To me a Street Stock is completely stock other than some safety modifications. The Street Stocks they run at Motor Mile could probably run in the Grand Stock division at Langley Speedway and I think they're probably closer to the Late Models that run at Southside than the Grand Stocks that run there. As for UCARs, they can be pretty entertaining as an entry level division even though I don't like FWD cars.

Your definition of a street stock is what we call a SuperX up here, or what most call a Pure Stock.

Our Street Stocks are a mix between a SuperX and a Late Model.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:17 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I just got back from Langley and it was one of the wilder nights I've seen there. There was a fight in the UCAR race following some blatant intentional crashing, a bump 'n run for the win in the Late Models, and the two leaders on the last lap of the Grand Stock race beat the hell out of each other so much that the 3rd place car swooped in for the win, followed by some extracurricular activity on the cool down lap. Unfortunately the rain came before the Modified race forcing it's cancellation and the second twin 50 for the Late Models.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

May 7th Highlights:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I heard at the local dirt track there was a massive crash that sent two late models flipping end for end this past weekend. Hopefully the race track posts the video on youtube eventually.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Second race of the Florida United Promoters at Auburndale is this Saturday, 4th race of the schedule. Tim Russel coming off his 2nd win in this series (Auburndale, Columbia Motorsports Park) is leading the points. In between those two races, he also won at New Smyrna twice. A 4 race win streak across the state.

Probably going to this race, but I might not bring my camera this time. If I do, I won't be taking many videos. I find it much more enjoyable to just watch the racing, and as much video as I took last time I didn't really get the feeling of having actually watched the race.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Highlights from Wild & Wacky Wednesday on May 11:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may remember a couple months ago Southside Speedway announced they weren't going to open this season...well they changed their minds and decided to run a short schedule this summer and fall. I'm glad the track is not closing but I question if it's a good idea to open now since many Southside teams have gone to other tracks. I have a feeling the car counts will be rather low, at least for the first few races. However they did add two new divisions, Legends and Pro Six. I'm sure the Legends will get a pretty good count since Southside is the only Friday night track in Virginia and there's plenty of Legends drivers in the area. Also, they have three Sunday races on their schedule, which I kind of like for fall races when it starts getting cold again, but one of these races is July 3rd which I'm sure will be unbearably hot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TheShermanator wrote:
Probably going to this race, but I might not bring my camera this time. If I do, I won't be taking many videos. I find it much more enjoyable to just watch the racing, and as much video as I took last time I didn't really get the feeling of having actually watched the race.

Understandable, you could always take a few pre-race pics though if you feel like it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

markmartinfan wrote:
TheShermanator wrote:

Understandable, you could always take a few pre-race pics though if you feel like it.
Yea, for sure. If they do time trial qualifying again like they did last time I should be able to take plenty of pictures with the cars lined up, and maybe a few videos of that.

And speaking of South Boston, they are showing the K&N race from there on Speed right now.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21140 Next