TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2968 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1129 130 131 132 133149 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:29 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Damon Hill is the equivelent to Mark Blundell when he was on ITV. He just stands there nodding, usually talking complete shit. The final straw for me with EJ was the Massa incident when he told the whole world he was fine and just had a bump on the head. There's a difference between speculating and flat out being a c**t about it - he shouldn't have been standing there saying those things to people concerned about Massas health. Since then I've just seen him as an Autosport type character - report everything ever, get most of it wrong, but every so often you get something right and you milk that. I cannot stand EJ.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am looking forward Globo pre-race show. Couldn't watch it live, but heard the special feature of Barrichello was highly praised, specially the grid walk.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
I want BBC 2011 back. Fuck Sky, fuck BBC 2012. I want the old one back.

This. Its hard to pick one over the other now. I love personalities/features of both :(

On one hand BBC has interesting personalities like Jake, David and Eddie (Ok I agree that EJ usually talks total crap but he is a colorful character) whereas Sky's group (FakeJake, Damon, Johnny, Anthony etc.) are quite bland in comparison. The only one from Sky that I really love is Martin. I suppose Ted isn't bad either with his snippets. I guess the additional coverage provided by Sky is a plus though. For example I really like that they air the Thursday Drivers Conferences. Although Georgie Thompson is probably the most appealing aspect of Sky's broadcast for me :thumbsup:

Last edited by Karan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

I prefer La Deux with Gaëtan Vigneron and Jérôme D'Ambrosio. Hah!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've quite liked some of Gary Anderson's insight throughout the season. Its just a shame he doesnt have an interesting voice. But I agree that BBC's pundits piss all over SKY's. EJ may act like a dick sometimes but atleast he's a good character and integral to the BBC coverage. I just hope they get someone decent to replace Jake for next year

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yesterday i watched for the first time a race properly on SportTV with the commentator they got this year. (brother stupidly activated the channel, €100+ TV and internet bill to pay now)

They kept the undead (let's keep calling him that for the sake of the story :p) one as the "expert" and he still does the practice sessions on his own, but this new guy actually shows some emotion. I noticed it mostly when Alonso passed Massa and Webber. The undead one simply described the move, whilst the new guy actually splurted interjections and raised his voice. I liked him. Shame I can't afford it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

By the way, anyone know what Will Buxton is upto next year? Is he joining NBC's broadcast team? I noticed he choked up when Bob Varsha turned it over to him for his 'Final Thoughts' segment in the race broadcast :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought Will Buxton was heading over to Fox along with most of the Speed crew.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

From what he says on Twitter, it doesn't look like it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
Yesterday i watched for the first time a race properly on SportTV with the commentator they got this year. (brother stupidly activated the channel, €100+ TV and internet bill to pay now)

They kept the undead (let's keep calling him that for the sake of the story :p) one as the "expert" and he still does the practice sessions on his own, but this new guy actually shows some emotion. I noticed it mostly when Alonso passed Massa and Webber. The undead one simply described the move, whilst the new guy actually splurted interjections and raised his voice. I liked him. Shame I can't afford it.

SporTV the brazilian one? With Sergio Maurício and Lito Cavalcanti?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
EAS wrote:
SporTV the brazilian one? With Sergio Maurício and Lito Cavalcanti?

portuguese one, with an extra 't' in the name and great accent included

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
I want BBC 2011 back. Fuck Sky, fuck BBC 2012. I want the old one back.

I'd take either of the 2012 commentary teams over Brundle/Coulthard in 2011 - Brundle was never meant to be a lead commentator. He spent several years undermining Allen and Legard, then when he got the lead job, realised actually he wasn't very good at it.

I agree the two broadcasters has led to both teams lacking the best talent. Anderson does have a place in F1 coverage - he's easily the most technically knowledgable pundit I've seen, but his place is not the pitlane during a race.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

ellis wrote:
a bump on the head

"a knock on the chin" it was I believe :p

DC is starting to get really boring and repetitive (eg. 'brave move') and Lee seems to change shape every time I see her (in a negative way). EJ is a clown and the anchorman Jake is gone. Ben is good but sometimes gets overexcited obliging me to turn down the volume.

If they didn't have to make those ridiculous costly features and limited themselves to studio format like ITV did, with Gary Anderson being a great permanent feature (like Tony Jardine), I wonder if the BBC might have maintained full live coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

David "on this day in history" Coulthard does my head in. As does EJ. Ben Edwards is moderate. BBC coverage is awful, Sky's is better thanks to Ted and Martin.

Pre show stuff I don't watch anymore due to time constraints.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
I thought Will Buxton was heading over to Fox along with most of the Speed crew.

Yeah you're right. In his closing comments Bob Varsha said that "David, Steve and Will will be heading over to their new home" (NBC I guess). That's good I guess. Although I would've probably have preferred Bob instead of David. I'm not really sure what David adds to the broadcast. Whereas Bob atleast has a decent on-air voice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tobias wrote:
If they didn't have to make those ridiculous costly features and limited themselves to studio format like ITV did, with Gary Anderson being a great permanent feature (like Tony Jardine), I wonder if the BBC might have maintained full live coverage.

The original plan was that, Jake, DC & Eddie in the London studio with commentary team etc. on site.
When this was announced, their was uproar and loads of people complained to the BBC which meant they re-worked it into the present format, within the existing budget.

I think tbh, Patten would have gone after them earlier had the original plan stayed in place as the perceived value for money was less than what we had.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Karan wrote:
By the way, anyone know what Will Buxton is upto next year? Is he joining NBC's broadcast team? I noticed he choked up when Bob Varsha turned it over to him for his 'Final Thoughts' segment in the race broadcast :(

From what I understood, he probably is. Bob Varsha said "It also ends a long partnership with my fellow announcers Dave Steve and Will, who will follow Formula One to its new network [...]"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 am 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

Tobias wrote:
Lee seems to change shape every time I see her (in a negative way)

I say old bean, you're talking about a lady there!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mäth wrote:
Karan wrote:

From what I understood, he probably is. Bob Varsha said "It also ends a long partnership with my fellow announcers Dave Steve and Will, who will follow Formula One to its new network [...]"

This isn't any more official than that, but...
We have got Will, breaking news.

Also, sounds like there might finally be an actual difference between Speed and NBC when it comes to being at the track:
"Will you guys travel to the races?”
Some. Hopefully as many as 5 or 6. Monaco will be a big one for us on NBC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:15 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Oh damn, I sooo want that my cable provider get the rights on NBC Sports Network !

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2968 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1129 130 131 132 133149 Next