TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2968 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90149 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tamburello94 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
Although..... wouldn't it be ironic if tape delayed highlights on the BBC got higher viewing figures than live coverage on Sky... ;)

I think that's extremely likely, particularly since the BBC highlights programmes will be going out in prime-time slots. If it's shown at 7pm during Top Gear seasons in particular, the viewership on those Sundays could be great for the sport.

Hmmm 75mins of race in a 90min programme sounds about right to me!
I think I'm the only one here who isn't particulary arsed about the whole deal! (I'm usually too busy or I just fall asleep on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon!) but I do like the idea that I can sit and relax on a Sunday evening for a couple of hours an watch some F1...
Hell they should have 7.00 til 10.00 every week on BBC2,3 or 4 dedicated to Motorsport of one type or another, even if it's ex sky TVs feed of some other race series broadcast within the previous week.
There's so much more to Motorsport than just F1 and I do think that because it has been put on a pedastle over the last couple of decades a lot of the public have lost sight of that (guys on here, we are different as we know where to go to get our 'fix' and we have a much broader knowledge than the majority of the general public) but to the lay man, they have no idea that there's life for a driver after F1.. A guy I work with was adamant that DC had retired, I had to explain what DTM was to him!
If the weeks when F1 isn't on they have a programme that shows highlights of the Le Mans or FIA GT or any other series (even rallying) it would bring increased exposure to them therefore increasing their potential for extra revenue via sponsorship!
Actually, thinking about it, Bernie has potentially shot himself in the foot here!
If the above were to happen, then there's a likelihood that sponsors would realise there's better value for money in other series and therefor jump ship with who they back and in doing so denying money to F1!
LOL.. Tough shit!

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Would it actuallly be 75mins of racing? Or would they have abit of pre-race and the aftermath of the race, within that 75 minutes?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think one of the ideas is 90 min program, with 15 minute buildup + race.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:29 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Eddington mains wrote:
Tamburello94 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
Although..... wouldn't it be ironic if tape delayed highlights on the BBC got higher viewing figures than live coverage on Sky... ;)

I think that's extremely likely, particularly since the BBC highlights programmes will be going out in prime-time slots. If it's shown at 7pm during Top Gear seasons in particular, the viewership on those Sundays could be great for the sport.

Hmmm 75mins of race in a 90min programme sounds about right to me!
I think I'm the only one here who isn't particulary arsed about the whole deal! (I'm usually too busy or I just fall asleep on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon!) but I do like the idea that I can sit and relax on a Sunday evening for a couple of hours an watch some F1...
Hell they should have 7.00 til 10.00 every week on BBC2,3 or 4 dedicated to Motorsport of one type or another, even if it's ex sky TVs feed of some other race series broadcast within the previous week.
There's so much more to Motorsport than just F1 and I do think that because it has been put on a pedastle over the last couple of decades a lot of the public have lost sight of that (guys on here, we are different as we know where to go to get our 'fix' and we have a much broader knowledge than the majority of the general public) but to the lay man, they have no idea that there's life for a driver after F1.. A guy I work with was adamant that DC had retired, I had to explain what DTM was to him!
If the weeks when F1 isn't on they have a programme that shows highlights of the Le Mans or FIA GT or any other series (even rallying) it would bring increased exposure to them therefore increasing their potential for extra revenue via sponsorship!
Actually, thinking about it, Bernie has potentially shot himself in the foot here!
If the above were to happen, then there's a likelihood that sponsors would realise there's better value for money in other series and therefor jump ship with who they back and in doing so denying money to F1!
LOL.. Tough shit!

I was going to put a post about how unlikely the BBC will give over prime time Sunday real estate for motorsport, then I got all dreamy eyed when remembered Top Gear Motorsport.

Imagine that coming back now Top Gear is firing on all cylinders and not during the joke it became after Clarkson left....a revamped Top Gear Motorsport showing whatever they can get their hands on *sigh*

Still, won't happen...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Top Gear Motorsport had an awesome theme tune. Other than that, I never really watched it that often as I was a bit young, but it was quite an impressive array of series that it covered. I've got the 1995 season review on tape (broadcast from the Autosport Awards) - covers F1, rallying (BRC and WRC), bikes (500cc and WSBK), DTM/ITC, BTCC, national series

I also have fond memories of ITV's International Motorsport on non-F1 Sundays after they got the F1 rights, covering F3000 and FIA GT which was really good. It was shown at the same time as GPs would be, so there was always motor racing on every Sunday dinner time which was really easy to remember (instead of being at 1 am like the BTCC highlights). To think, the BBC never really made any effort like that this time around - their motorsport coverage has been F1 and F1 only

------------------

On the subject of this deal being a halfway house, I don't agree. It's only the same as what the terrestrial channels have done for every single other sport, so why should this be such a problem? Why should F1 be any different? In fact, I'm surprised it's taken this long for them to work that one out, given it's nearly 20 years since the Premier League did the same thing. Ask how many actually watch live football on TV compared to how many watch Match of the Day. Then look at how much money is in football. Lower viewing figures of live sport has no link to how rich the sport is

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

@
EAS
onF1: Opinion growing that Dave Croft will be new Sky telly commentator. Sensible choice

Interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
@easonF1: Opinion growing that Dave Croft will be new Sky telly commentator. Sensible choice

Interesting.

Sensible's not the word I'd use, but whatever works for them.

Case of watching a Sky stream on mute and listening to BBC 5live through the telly.

Or TBK Radio.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

We should send a job application to Sky.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe the undead commentator could learn English?

I quite like this, especially near the end
http://www.thef1slate.com/thread/110906

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:33 pm 

I thought Sky and BBC were sharing the commentary team?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
@easonF1: Opinion growing that Dave Croft will be new Sky telly commentator. Sensible choice

Interesting.

Sensible's not the word I'd use, but whatever works for them.

Case of watching a Sky stream on mute and listening to BBC 5live through the telly.

Or TBK Radio.

I'd happily brand my radio show TBK Radio (or F1 on Scratch in association with TBKLight or whatever they'd actually let me call it :p )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For those who watch the BBC Red Button feeds they have now moved to a new transponder so anyone with a Non-Sky Satellite reciever will need to re-tune to 11953H 27/5 & there now named 'Service 6711 - Service 6715'.

Also for those with a Sky box there no longer classed as data feeds so can be added under the additional channels section of the Sky box.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:22 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Korea will be the last race on sky with multi channel coverage. After that they'll only offer the main feed with shortened pre race coverage (15 minutes!!!!!!!)
And their F1 contract runs out....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shame I wont be able to watch F1 after this year. Not about paying for it though. Paying a TV license, and a digital subscription and then have to pay again for subsiquent channels is ghey!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:42 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Mattzel89 wrote:
Korea will be the last race on sky with multi channel coverage. After that they'll only offer the main feed with shortened pre race coverage (15 minutes!!!!!!!)

No more Toto posted on-board videos :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:

I guess that's the end then for f1 pay tv in germany? or are there other channels I'm not aware of that could do multi feed broadcasts in germany?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

double post

Last edited by cookie on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

codename_47 wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:

No more Toto posted on-board videos :(

BBC !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:25 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

cookie wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:

I guess that's the end then for f1 pay tv in germany? or are there other channels I'm not aware of that could do multi feed broadcasts in germany?

Nope, sky's the only channel doing that. I dont see anyone else getting the PayTV rights, Sport1+ just doesnt have the money to afford F1.

However, without F1 sky's sport package contains nothing but a bit of Golf and Champions League...

We had the same situation last year, sky decided to extend the contract for another year, now they need to sign one for 4-5 years, and that's gonna be a bit more expensive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Martin Brundle tweeted this earlier:

Quote:
Answer to tweets. Yes I've had an offer from BBC and Sky. Yes I'ill be commentating F1 next year.

8)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2968 posts ]  Go to page Previous 186 87 88 89 90149 Next