TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9049 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1233 234 235 236 237453 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
Just got word there will be 73 World Challenge cars at Lime Rock...

Where the fuck are they gonna fit 73 PWC cars?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shane wrote:
Woodski wrote:

No idea. There's PWC, ALMS and Lamborghini Super Trofeo...it'll definitely be interesting to see what they do.

I know for next year pit road will be increased to fit 42 cars though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

pereiraschumy wrote:
fede999 wrote:
Sky Sport Italy reporting rumors from the F1 paddock regarding a possible interest by Ferrari to join WEC in a prototype class. Still find it pretty hard to believe.

Is this rumour or something new? http://jalopnik.com/5943980/this-gorgeo ... by-ferrari

No, it's a new rumour. I found more info on a couple of blogs saying Ferrari could enter as an engine supplier, but it's full of maybes and ifs. I wouldn't give this rumour much credit until something more substantial surfaces.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:
Shane wrote:
Woodski wrote:

No idea. There's PWC, ALMS and Lamborghini Super Trofeo...it'll definitely be interesting to see what they do.

I know for next year pit road will be increased to fit 42 cars though.

I'm thinking World Challenge could work out of a parking lot. But that would seriously hamper the parking situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:23 am 

ellis wrote:
Toyotas point is true, but this applies to every car ever, and especially to the Toyota as we seen during the race. When they went faster, they got 1 less lap of fuel. Whilst it is the benefit of a turbo, this was a choice made by Toyota. You cannot pick a less optimal package and then complain when it is less optimal. Toyota have no right to complain about performance gaps because last season the cars were extremely close, and this season the Toyota is actually slower than the old one. If they're just going to give Toyota a bigger tank every time Audi make a step forward, why are we even here. Last years the cars were balanced. Audi moved forward, Toyota didn't. That is due to the budgets and approaches by the teams, and should not be balanced.

Whilst this sounds harsh, BoP should not apply between works and private teams. I love Rebellion (and Strakka), but look at the differences in how the teams operate. Rebellion buy pre-built off the shelf customer chassis and engines. Audi design everything from scratch, and take upwards of 5 different aerokits testing, and 2 different aerokits to built up races, and then run 2 different configurations in the race itself. The difference between the 2 teams is staggering, and the point where Rebellion and Strakka can compete with Audi (and Toyota) is the point where all works teams leave because their budget and effort would just be swallowed by the BoP. It'd be like balancing the GT cars so that Larbre could keep up with Pratt and Miller.

I completely agree with everything

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 pm 
Head Muppet

The tree at VIR fell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did anyone pick it up?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

:( :( :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:57 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

That looks so wrong :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ehm what do we see here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Toyotas point is true, but this applies to every car ever, and especially to the Toyota as we seen during the race. When they went faster, they got 1 less lap of fuel. Whilst it is the benefit of a turbo, this was a choice made by Toyota. You cannot pick a less optimal package and then complain when it is less optimal. Toyota have no right to complain about performance gaps because last season the cars were extremely close, and this season the Toyota is actually slower than the old one. If they're just going to give Toyota a bigger tank every time Audi make a step forward, why are we even here. Last years the cars were balanced. Audi moved forward, Toyota didn't. That is due to the budgets and approaches by the teams, and should not be balanced.

Could be questioned if any petrol configuration can be as optimal as diesel with the (still) current inherently messed up regs :roll:, but my point was that the rule is what it is, it makes no difference what was the situation last year and takes only into account "the fastest car in each technology" (in this case: technology = NA petrol HY). So by the rules, Toyota did have a right to complain and then ACO bent over.

Quote:
Whilst this sounds harsh, BoP should not apply between works and private teams.

This was totally not what I mean. I was just wondering if Hayden's interpretation was really correct, because it sounds retarted. In 2014 the "No ERS" option is already tailored for privateers and in theory is already perfectly balanced out of the box if ACO's numbers are right.

Last edited by deggis on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fish88 wrote:
Ehm what do we see here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

fede999 wrote:
pereiraschumy wrote:
fede999 wrote:
Sky Sport Italy reporting rumors from the F1 paddock regarding a possible interest by Ferrari to join WEC in a prototype class. Still find it pretty hard to believe.

Is this rumour or something new? http://jalopnik.com/5943980/this-gorgeo ... by-ferrari

No, it's a new rumour. I found more info on a couple of blogs saying Ferrari could enter as an engine supplier, but it's full of maybes and ifs. I wouldn't give this rumour much credit until something more substantial surfaces.

Earlier there was some rumor about some Russian team ("SMP" or something?) taking the 458 engine in P2.

In other news, Autohedbo reported yesterday that #8 Toyota will only do Fuji as they concentrate on 2014 development. Nice job Toyota board room. Starts to sound like their F1 program, just without the money. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not an Audi fan, but seriously consider becoming one. They stick with the class no matter what, unlike those fuckers from Peugeot or Toyota. Those idiots think they can beat a team like Audi within a phew years but pull out when it is harder than they think it would be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:51 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Fish88 wrote:
I'm not an Audi fan, but seriously consider becoming one. They stick with the class no matter what, unlike those fuckers from Peugeot or Toyota. Those idiots think they can beat a team like Audi within a phew years but pull out when it is harder than they think it would be.

Audi Joest (rather than the DTM stuff) are extremely likeable to me too. They stuck with ALMS despite having the cars slowed to crawling speed for a long time. They stuck with LMS until ILMC was created. They stuck with ILMC even after Peugeot left - despite Peugeot being the ones that campaigned to get ILMC/WEC formed in the first place. They race with 100% class, rather than Peugeot and Davidson (don't want to say Toyota, as its only Ant) running them off the road and driving like assholes. They also pump a large amount of money into RLM. Nissan may brand everything, but Audi pay for quite a lot of that stuff.

I know people are sick of them winning, but in reality that's everybody but Audis fault. It'd have been easy for them to dump Joest and leave, but they haven't. It's 15 years since Audi first came to Le Mans, and since then they've only lost twice, and one of them was to a Joest/Audi developed car anyway. They've built 3 of the greatest racing cars ever made (R8, R10 and R18), and they've given victories to some of the greatest names in the history of the race - Tom K, McNish, Capello, Pirro. No doubt names like Treluyer, Lotterer and Duval will be on that list too one day. Without Audi, Tom K would have only 1 win (Bentley was a reskinned R8). Imagine a Le Mans without Mr Le Mans having that record? No matter how bored people are of Audi winning, this era will be remembered for decades to come and Audi should only be looked at in a positive light.

Bit of a fanboy post, but whatever. Toyota are turning into a worse version of Peugeot. All the speed, a couple of dickish drivers, and then minimal effort to try and beat one of the greatest names in the history of the sport. I want to like Toyota, but they need more than 1 half arsed WEC entry to impress me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Every time Toyota say they're coming to Lemans with only two cars I know they're not serious.

I agree with all of the above Ellis. I have no idea why, but I really like the Audi's. Maybe it's because they raced here in the states for so long or because they show loyalty to their drivers, but whatever it is I have no problem watching them slap the competition around evey year. Though, for me personally, 2011 was the highlight reel of Lemans races I've seen. After the two huge crashes, the last remaining bullet in the gun (with the future Audi Lemans dream team driving) beat back an outright dirty driving Peugeot squad for the win. It was almost like a passing of the torch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't like Audi. They've got the Jimmie Johnson thing going on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fish88 wrote:

I got your point but did you just say Peugeot never won? :ohmy: For sure didn't help that they didn't do it again especially if the alternative for the board room was to axe Citroen's WRC program, but the pullout was economic... PSA is still in deep shit.

Also in Toyota's defence, last year's commitment was in reality much bigger. Yes, just one car post-LM, but you could say they saved the whole WEC. Before Peugeot quit, originally they intended to only LM and Fuji, but then turned into a full season entry (minus Sebring & Spa, as by the temporal rule two races were allowed miss). Without Toyota's entry, FIA/ACO would have needed a backup plan B, which I suspect would have been promoting HPD to the Manufacturers' Championship. But now is no longer their test year with bigger-than-planned-program, so the board room must be really scared of repeating F1 expenditure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No I didn't say they haven't won ;). But I'm sure they expected a lot more than just 1 win. And you're right, WEC without Toyota would be pretty useless (in LMP).

Hope Porsche can bring a long battle to Audi. And hope the Ferrari rumours are right and we get some traditional marks in endurance that have racing ranked higher than just some marketing tool.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9049 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1233 234 235 236 237453 Next