TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9049 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1209 210 211 212 213453 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:46 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

What the hell people?

I have never seen such irrational hate against a car. The ONLY thing I can follow is that MAYBE they didn't fully deserve the 56th spot at LM, but we're long past that now.

Why still hating? There are so many regular working people involved here that are able to earn money by working with and on this car, and it would be horrible to see yet another project canned in these times when new racing projects are not exactly lining up to be unveiled. We should be glad that they actually put a car on the track and race.

I really can't believe this, being a racing fan and wanting cars not to race. Such a paradox.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm glad it didn't make the cut for the new Indycar. But I like it as a sportscar, espcially in it's new livery.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:01 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

I would rather see an effort put in a car that actually conforms to the regulations.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ptclaus98 wrote:
The better DeltaWing does, the happier I'll be.

Same here, I love this thing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dicksplaash wrote:
I would rather see an effort put in a car that actually conforms to the regulations.

I thought sportscar fans were supposed to be the champions of the open ruleset mentality?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StanV wrote:
What the hell people?

I have never seen such irrational hate against a car. The ONLY thing I can follow is that MAYBE they didn't fully deserve the 56th spot at LM, but we're long past that now.

Why still hating? There are so many regular working people involved here that are able to earn money by working with and on this car, and it would be horrible to see yet another project canned in these times when new racing projects are not exactly lining up to be unveiled. We should be glad that they actually put a car on the track and race.

I really can't believe this, being a racing fan and wanting cars not to race. Such a paradox.

Yeah, it's not like it's even a spec car or that teams are forced to use it. I think the hate for it is a symptom of a bigger ailment. People see projects like these and they realize that the V10's and V8's that they grew up with are dying out, so they hate the new breed irrationally. These people will be like the front engine lovers that no longer watch IndyCars because they can't stand to see them with the engine in the back.

What gets me is that the Delta Wing seems to be everything you'd want in a sportscar, save for the aesthetics.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StanV wrote:

Unintentinally you just highlighted the problem, since it it doesn't actually race. Against other cars. In a class with other cars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
StanV wrote:

Unintentinally you just highlighted the problem, since it it doesn't actually race. Against other cars. In a class with other cars.

What the fuck does it matter?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:23 pm 

ptclaus98 wrote:
deggis wrote:
StanV wrote:

Yes!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

deggis wrote:
StanV wrote:

It races in P2/P1, so yes it will be racing other cars now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:24 pm 

I can sort of see your point, deggis, but there are quite a lot of examples of cars who actually were in a class, but were just too shit to actually compete in it. They were virtually in a class of their own as well. The Lavaggi LS1 for example didn't "race" either because it was slow as hell and never got past the first three laps. That doesn't change the fact that I still loved the idea behind it and cheered whenever one did pass by.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't remember anyone having a problem with the 911 Hybrid...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dicksplaash wrote:
ptclaus98 wrote:
deggis wrote:

Yes!

Yeah, and piss off the few P2 cars that will show up. Sounds like a great plan to kill off P2.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Woodski wrote:

I was just about to say something about this. I don't remember a soul bitching and moaning about that car running at Petit in 2010. And that car was running damn near GTE times.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ptclaus98 wrote:
Woodski wrote:

I was just about to say something about this. I don't remember a soul bitching and moaning about that car running at Petit in 2010. And that car was running damn near GTE times.

Didn't it also run at Laguna as well?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ptclaus98 wrote:
deggis wrote:

For what reason you watch motorsport? Sounds like not for the racing... :wave:

Woodski wrote:
It races in P2/P1, so yes it will be racing other cars now.

Oops, actually forgot that this is already happening this year (remembered that only starting from 2014). Of course, ALMS' car count problems might have helped a bit accepting it and not forgetting that Don Panoz's opinion might have mattered a bit.

StanV wrote:
I can sort of see your point, deggis, but there are quite a lot of examples of cars who actually were in a class, but were just too shit to actually compete in it. They were virtually in a class of their own as well. The Lavaggi LS1 for example didn't "race" either because it was slow as hell and never got past the first three laps. That doesn't change the fact that I still loved the idea behind it and cheered whenever one did pass by.

Completely different. Just being slow is one thing, begging the organizers for a promotional class where one cannot really lose is another thing.

I especially despise Nissan for backing it (and even more now that they continue this...). Getting absurd levels of PR while completely avoiding actual competition.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm 

deggis wrote:
ptclaus98 wrote:
deggis wrote:

For what reason you watch motorsport? Sounds like not for the racing... :wave:

I for one mainly watch to see an exceptional bunch of cars driving around. The competition aspect is a bonus of course, but I really don't care if one or two cars don't 'belong' there. That's why I love multi-class 'racing', a large field of varied cars driving at each their own speed.

Quote:
Completely different. Just being slow is one thing, begging the organizers for a promotional class where one cannot really lose is another thing.

I especially despise Nissan for backing it (and even more now that they continue this...). Getting absurd levels of PR while completely avoiding actual competition.

Well, then I'll leave the discussion because I couldn't care less about their 'begging' or abundant PR. Not important for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

deggis wrote:
Getting absurd levels of PR while completely avoiding actual competition.

Well, that somehow applies to Patrick Dempsey as well ;)

Honestly I can't blame ACO for wanting a technical showcase of unusual or pioneering technolgies by the manufacturers. That's one of the points of sportscar racing nowadays, whether you like it or not. It would be fun to have a full blown class of experimental cars, but balance of performance would be a nightmare.

Last edited by fede999 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StanV wrote:
I for one mainly watch to see an exceptional bunch of cars driving around. The competition aspect is a bonus of course, but I really don't care if one or two cars don't 'belong' there. That's why I love multi-class 'racing', a large field of varied cars driving at each their own speed.

Subconsciously you know there is a race going on inside the classes, right? If you remove the race, then it will be just bunch of cars driving around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Woodski wrote:

Because it was more hi-tech relatively, much more viable for its class, much more likely something that will be used in future in the class and more applicable to road cars. Also, it never got overexposure.

And, yes, also because it doesn't look like a giant phallus. :p

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9049 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1209 210 211 212 213453 Next