TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Only a week away now, the fever is setting in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 pm 

Mattzel89 wrote:
yup, one of the best places is near La Source. You need to turn left at the long right hander towards the track, should be 10€ for the day I think

Last question... do you know the name of the street?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:14 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

errr....there :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:24 pm 

Graveyard in Spa. Parking and even camping there for years... This year we decided not to go. Fed up with Belgium. Save the cash and go somewhere else next season :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Ellu wrote:
Graveyard in Spa. Parking and even camping there for years... This year we decided not to go. Fed up with Belgium. Save the cash and go somewhere else next season :)

I wonder if you mean the same graveyard I stayed at in 2005? Was a bit weird to put up my tent next to some tombs, but at least it was peaceful and quiet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:28 pm 

Tobias wrote:
Ellu wrote:

I wonder if you mean the same graveyard I stayed at in 2005? Was a bit weird to put up my tent next to some tombs, but at least it was peaceful and quiet.

Think so. Slept there in 2010 in a Dodge RAM Van on Saturday night. But the continuous stream of drunk visitors kept me awake :P http://goo.gl/maps/RUrgC

Camped once on a Camping in Coo but the owner is a nut. Lucky one of my mates helped us getting a place there cause he is a nut too.
Hotel La Forge was a hilarious experience. Lucky we got in there. Trashed the place cause they asked for it... http://www.zoover.nl/belgie/luik/malmedy/la-forge/hotel S
Stayed in Port De La Lienne in 2011. Very nice experience... Porte De La Lienne
I won't go the whole weekend this year but might make it to drive to my mates saturday night and at least see the race.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Only 1 week to go! I really love to stay on the campings with music, beer, fireworks and campfires during the night, unlike most of the people here ;) But don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who visit just to get druk and be annoying, I'll be at the track side from the very beginning of the first practice session on Friday. I'm so looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:25 am 

with Bahrain being the provisional 2014 opener (28 February - 2 March), would it be a completely stupid idea to want to attend?

It would be some welcome time away from the European winter and it would allow to witness the start from a new 'era'. Also, I understand there are little fans anyway, so you should be able to get close to the drivers. Furthermore, apparently it would be a sort of 'special' event for the 10th edition.

The only slight worry is... well... for my life :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:32 pm 

Tobias wrote:
with Bahrain being the provisional 2014 opener (28 February - 2 March), would it be a completely stupid idea to want to attend?

It would be some welcome time away from the European winter and it would allow to witness the start from a new 'era'. Also, I understand there are little fans anyway, so you should be able to get close to the drivers. Furthermore, apparently it would be a sort of 'special' event for the 10th edition.

The only slight worry is... well... for my life :oops:

Its really not as dangerous as the media will have you believe. I spent two weeks there with family earlier this summer and sure there's trouble but mostly is just the daily burning of tyres by kids (which has happened since long before the Arab Spring started) and the occasional Molotov thrown at the police. Stay out of the Shia villages and just in the main hotel areas and you won't notice a thing.

With the actual race, when I went in 2007 they had a pit walk on the Thursday which I believe they still do which was nowhere near as packed as was in Spa for example so you could go up and down at your own leisure. There's no real general admission viewing areas though so I'd personally recommend sitting either at Turn 1 or the one which lets you see most of the middle sector (the name escapes me now.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:31 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
StanV wrote:
Stay in the paddock and you will hate yourself a lot when you get back home. I've had to do work there as well, just plan it well :p (yes, I will continue to give reasons)

Yeah, I'm sure I can stay away for an hour or so. :p

I'm staying in Duren, anyone know the place?

My aunt lives there, always seems like a quite place.

I was thinking of skipping the Friday, I assume it's going to be raining hailstones like the last couple of years. Spa plus F1 means storms.

Def there on the other two days to see my favourite series out there: GP2!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cool. Depending on when I arrive on Wednesday I might have a visit into the town in the evening.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:17 am 

is it possible to, say, go to the circuit on Saturday and buy bronze tickets on the spot for that day?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am not entirely sure, but I believe you can't buy tickets for Saturday only.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:07 pm 

For those looking for a free parking space. Spa Graveyard is closed my friend told me this afternoon but it might open up tomorrow because of services held today.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Damn, it's over already, what a nice week it was again! Arrived at the camping on wednesday, which was only 50 meters away from the entrance at Les Combes. Watched FP1 from the corner between Rivage and Pouhon (wondering if that corner has a name), watched FP2 at the Raidillon and the last few sessions on Friday from Les Combes. Than, the Saturday at Pouhon, saw the best Qualify session of the season with a very good result for a fellow Dutchman. Last race of the day, GP3, I stayed at the Kemmel straight and was able so see the entry of Les Combes. Saw the big crash at the end of the straight which left a big gap in the guardrail. Watched the whole Sunday at the same place. I've been to F1 many times now, but this was the first time I saw them live at full speed, it was a fantastic experience. A German man aged somewhere between 50 and 60 joined us for the race since he was alone. He has been wacthing Formula 1 for ages but never went to the circuit before. When the cars exited the pits to drive to the grid he was so overwhelmed by the speed and sound, it brought tears to his eyes, that really completed a perfect week! The race wasn't the best ever but we still saw quite a bit overtaking. Looking forward to next year already!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:01 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

The corner between Rivage and Pouhon is unofficially called "Speaker's Corner" :p It's the only corner the track speakers are able to see (apart from the section at the finish of course)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In less than 2 weeks its finally my turn to see the action live :)
And from next year onwards ill go only to Austrian GP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's so awesome about the guy who visited F1 for the first time!

I loved it when I left the circuit on Friday I think it was. I drove up through Francorchamps and in front of me was a Chevrolet Camaro that revved up for all of the fans behind the barriers. Then I came through in my little Citroen and everyone cheered :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:34 am 

Went to Spa on friday. Was the first time to the circuit and as it was still on my wish list, my girlfriend bought us bronze tickets as birthday present. I've seen a lot of tracks, but nothing beats the scenery at Spa and Eau rouge is so awesome! When we were standing at the F1 village when FP2 started, we watched the cars go uphill through Eau rouge, it gave me goosebumps! Overall, on tv, Spa looks a lot less impressive than in real life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

LeonArtez wrote:
Went to Spa on friday. Was the first time to the circuit and as it was still on my wish list, my girlfriend bought us bronze tickets as birthday present. I've seen a lot of tracks, but nothing beats the scenery at Spa and Eau rouge is so awesome! When we were standing at the F1 village when FP2 started, we watched the cars go uphill through Eau rouge, it gave me goosebumps! Overall, on tv, Spa looks a lot less impressive than in real life.

Ah! I loved that spot!! On tv the cars seem very stable through there, but having seen Eau Rouge from the F1 village it seemed a lot more of a handful than I thought it was going to be!!

I hope I'll be able to make it again in the future. Maybe for the Spa 24 HR too :) Shame I live on a frikken island. :(

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 38 Next