TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1587 588 589 590 591605 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:30 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It should be noted though that 2008 was Grosjean's first year in GP2, whilst it was Senna's second.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:00 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

phil1993 wrote:

You mean, the French media was right last week :p

Now just waiting for the Petrov announcement. Considering they don't mention Senna getting the third driver seat, that might D'Ambrosio heading for that spot then, considering his negotations with HRT have stalled from what I've heard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm 
The most anticipated member

Well, I think it's the end of the line for Senna in F1, unfortunately.

I think he leaves it with the feeling he could have done much more If he had enough opportunities. Remember an interview with his mother Viviane some months ago where she said that when Senna was requested to drive the Belgium GP this year, he almost didn't have enough experience with the car, after so many GPs watching the races outside, when he sat on the car it felt like he was driving a brand new car he's never driven before....considering that, he's done much.

It's also disappointing that brazilian drivers are not getting any support by brazilian businessmen anymore, it's a shame. Everybody was asking for Eike Batista, the country's richest person, for a little support (technically a support for Bruno Senna in F1 wouldn't cost almost nothing for Eike). There were even media campaigns asking for Eike's support and nothing was done. Meanwhile Perez has the full support of Mexico's richest, Carlos Slim.

It's sad because slowly Brazil leaves F1...Felipe Massa will be the only brazilian driver next year and I honestly don't think his contract will be renewed in Ferrari, it means in two years or so we won't have any drivers on the series anymore. What a shame...and it's not drivers fault only, it's F1 environment that's getting too much dependent on money all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
He's certainly better than Petrov, but Senna has been treated harshly. There was a day when young drivers would get over a years worth of solid testing before a race drive. Senna got nothing in the HRT at all, dumped in and did respectable enough (nothing major, really), then got limited running in a Renault, sat around for 6 months, then dropped into a race. Asking drivers to perform at that level without any sort of real preparation is too much IMO. The turn around for drivers now days is ridiculous, with the bottom teams cycling through drivers at record pace, and drivers who don't preform being sacked after half a year, unless they bring serious amounts of cash. The standard of driving now days is significantly higher than it ever has been at any point in F1s history, and we have less cars for them to get seats in. Before, there used to be 30+ cars. Some of them had to pre-qualify, sure, but it was still a seat to prove your worth, and it was still somewhere to test.

The standards are so unattainably high, that driving talent often gets wasted. It is a shame, and it's why we need proper testing back.

You won't find me disagreeing with that. He's had the rough end of the stick trying to break into Formula One and every rookie seemingly has to be a Hamilton or a Vettel or their drive is under threat. It's stupidity.

I personally have found it crazy how Alguersuari who was hurried into the sport at 19 by Red Bull has improved season on season and yet had his seat under threat at the end of 2010 and again at the end of 2011 has no idea if he is driving for the team next season despite a really impressive season. Or Buemi who is only 22?/23 is probably going to have his F1 career done and dusted after this year when it was STR equipment failing time and again that stopped him from getting some good top ten finishes.

I mean Ricciardo or Vergne could be hurried into those STR seats but what if they don't meet whatever the standard is? Are they dumped also in a year or two? So much wasted potential.

Sutil isn't "young" either but at 28 he's stuck with Force India since they were a laughing stock at the back of the grid, just had a career year but might not retain his seat and could miss out on a Williams drive because they're up shits creek without a paddle financially and Petrov and his millions could/would make more sense. *facepalm*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

F1_Fan_1993 wrote:
Duno if it's been posted yet. But the F1 2011 official season reivew being released on the 26th. lol.

Also available on Blu-Ray this year for the first time:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wouldn't say it's the end for Senna though. I'm sure he can find at least a 3rd driver role, something like Liuzzi or Hulkenberg has done in order to make a race comeback.

On that subject, could he be in the frame for the Williams drive?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:51 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lol, since when is being a GP2 champion a guarantee for success in F1? The last and I think only GP2 champion who has also become F1 champion is Hamilton.

Romain did not impress me back in 09 (His best result was 13th place) and he doesn't impress me now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:30 pm 

J.Morelli wrote:
Well, I think it's the end of the line for Senna in F1, unfortunately.

I think he leaves it with the feeling he could have done much more If he had enough opportunities. Remember an interview with his mother Viviane some months ago where she said that when Senna was requested to drive the Belgium GP this year, he almost didn't have enough experience with the car, after so many GPs watching the races outside, when he sat on the car it felt like he was driving a brand new car he's never driven before....considering that, he's done much.

It's also disappointing that brazilian drivers are not getting any support by brazilian businessmen anymore, it's a shame. Everybody was asking for Eike Batista, the country's richest person, for a little support (technically a support for Bruno Senna in F1 wouldn't cost almost nothing for Eike). There were even media campaigns asking for Eike's support and nothing was done. Meanwhile Perez has the full support of Mexico's richest, Carlos Slim.

It's sad because slowly Brazil leaves F1...Felipe Massa will be the only brazilian driver next year and I honestly don't think his contract will be renewed in Ferrari, it means in two years or so we won't have any drivers on the series anymore. What a shame...and it's not drivers fault only, it's F1 environment that's getting too much dependent on money all the time.

It will be the end of the line (for a time) for the brazillian drivers?
Looking the CBA (Confederaçao Brasileira de Automobilismo) situation and all around this "federation" maybe...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can only agree with Dave's post at the top of the page. Every rookie is expected to impress within half a season or get the chop, its insane.

Grosjean did not impress in 2009, but he didn't do worse than Piquet in what was a deteriorating car and a team in shambles. The Grosjean of 2011 is a completely different driver.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Grosjean was not in a position to be able to impress in 2009, same with Luca Badoer. Like has already been said, you cannot expect someone to perform well without any proper preparation beforehand. Grosjean didn't deserve the treatment he got from the team (and F1 followers alike) after 2009.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Here's why RoGro deserves his seat
http://www.f1zone.net/news/grosjean-des ... nce/10941/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Extra crasher, I like.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nice article

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Russian media tried to get something out of Marussia's chief Nikolai Formenco today. He declined to give details but said there will be announcement next week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Marussia signed up Petrov as the third driver who would run on Friday mornings plus replace either Pic or Glock during the year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tiemen wrote:
Lol, since when is being a GP2 champion a guarantee for success in F1? The last and I think only GP2 champion who has also become F1 champion is Hamilton.

Because in F1, talent is the only thing that makes a driver champion.

If Hamilton wasn't a McLaren protegé, he would probably have the same luck as any other GP2 champion that's stuck with shit equipment.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm 
Permabanned

phil1993 wrote:
Russian media tried to get something out of Marussia's chief Nikolai Formenco today. He declined to give details but said there will be announcement next week.

nothing in russian media ;) Russians is waiting.
try translate by google: http://www.f1news.ru/interview/kossatchenko/71914.shtml
:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:05 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Echti wrote:
F1_Fan_1993 wrote:
Duno if it's been posted yet. But the F1 2011 official season reivew being released on the 26th. lol.

Also available on Blu-Ray this year for the first time:

Excellent news!! :thumbsup: :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

phil1993 wrote:

Ah, thanks for reminding me that Fomenko is the CEO of Marussia! Driver and owner of the legendary Cirtek & Russian Age Racing in GT's with their DBR9's and Ferrari 550's, also part of the Freisinger Yukos deal back in 2004 or something.

Weird people, but seems like he's ended up well though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

In this age of F1:

Too many good,new,young talents comeing on.
Too little time to accomodate with the car and team.
Too much money has to be given to drive.
And the final thing,too much difference between cars on the grid,its a miracle if you get a HRT seat,pay for it,or something,and get a miraculous 19th on grid,but nobody notices that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1587 588 589 590 591605 Next