TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1722 723 724 725 7261059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I suppose their Xfinity program is more on-par with the competition than their Cup program is, and my statement that they were "decent" is only in reference to the fact that they used to be pretty much unstoppable in the lower series (and consistently had 5 cars in the Top 10 in Cup). I'm sure Bubba will do great!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:02 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Kid Rock to perform during the pre-race concert at the Daytona 500, giving fans an excuse to do something else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://votenomalley.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... 0-log.html

Not sure if posted before, but a good read on attending a race from a first timer perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

lol, that was entertaining

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

de31168 wrote:
http://votenomalley.blogspot.com/2009/06/dover-400-log.html

Not sure if posted before, but a good read on attending a race from a first timer perspective.

haha sounds like a friend of mine, he's always having pretty girls get in the way when he's trying to take photos of the cars, he's got more "out-takes" than he does proper photos :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

that was great

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:04 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Quote:
fairly uneventful race. No big crashes. There have been a couple of cautions to remove debris from the track and one caution to pick up a CAT Diesel hat and a Budweiser can that were tossed into Turn 3.

Hmmm. Maybe the only true Invisibris is the bris that is only Invisi to the cameras?

IE NASCAR don't have to fake the cautions, the fans in the stands will do it for them if they're being bored.

I predict NASCAR will have a Formula E style app within 5 years to this end.

"Think the race is getting dull? All vote what sponsor product we should throw onto the track!
Tweet @budweiser for a beer fan @pepsi for a soft drink can, @smokes for our lovely brand of e-cigarettes
VOTE NOW!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:34 am 

Reading that blog, he recognized that he violated the cardinal rule of attending a NASCAR race: always have a full three course of meals ready because post-race traffic will suck.

I'm blessed that I've only been to IndyCar events because I really don't want to be stuck in traffic for more than 30 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's the Comedic Racing Glossary from the John Boy and Billy Show:

"That's racing" - That's why they don't let us carry handguns in the car anymore.

"I just meant to rattle his cage." - I put him into the wall.

"I hate that it happened"- But it did. Deal with it.

"We'll be back after this brief commercial break" - You've got enough time to build a blimp in the backyard.

"They're widening seats" - They can't sell out, and they don't wanna admit to reducing capacity

"We must have run over something because a tire went down" - Another unexplained tire failure.

"There's an enthusiastic bunch of fans." - They've been drinking since dawn, and misspelled "NBC" on their banner. At a race televised by FOX.

"This is a team sport" - It may look like I screwed up, but I'd like to blame the rest of the guys as well.

"We're currently reviewing our commitment." - We've wasted a ton of money sponsoring these bozos and are looking to get out of the sport.

"One of the great innovators of our sport." - This guy cheated like a Mississippi riverboat card shark.

"Needs to refocus his attention and priorities" - We caught him wearing a toga and drinking grain alcohol out of a dog dish at three o'clock this morning.

"Nestled in a rustic picturesque setting" - Fans are going to be sitting in traffic four hours to get out of here.

"Not noted as a road racing expert."-They're fitting All Terrain tires to this clown's car.

"Mutually agreed upon parting of ways." -We needed fire hoses to separate the driver, crew chief and owner when they commenced to brawling.

"Certainly one of the most popular guys in the garage area." - He's unemployed.

"We think it's going to race a lot better than it qualified" - We are in a world of trouble here. This dog won't hunt.

"He seems to have a fender rubbing the tire." - Brad Keselowski just passed him.

"Action resumed just moments ago." - We missed another restart, there's been two crashes and the leader lost an engine.... way to go FOX

The track safety crew is putting down additional oil dry" - Man is there going to be one helluva wreck when they restart this race.

"We're heading for what looks to be an exciting finish." -Put out the fire and call in the dogs. This one is over.

"It looks to be a brief shower..." - Time for the booth crew to go on and on about the new AIR TITAN

"We're going to take you back to last year's running of this event.." - So we can be first in line for the ark.

"We're studying the issue to see if improvements can be made." - We're hoping that given a little time people will just forget about it... or for brian france to eff it up

"We're constantly looking for ways to improve the race weekend experience for fans" - Let's try yo be as tacky as possible

"The (Ford/Chevy/Toyota) is at a distinct disadvantage right now" - If we could run our shops the way we run our mouths we'd be winning races too.

"It's an innovative new approach to race team sponsorship" -It's not going to work and we'll be in court within two months... ala US Fidelis

"For those of you new to the sport..." - Get ready for another confusing explanation of tight and loose by none other than Darrel Waltrip

"Conduct detrimental to the sport of auto racing." - Genuine show of human emotion.

"This is a building year for our team." -The auction is in October (See Swan Racing).

"We're currently in serious negotiations with two or three sponsors" -I've got a kidney up for auction on eBay and if it sells we'll be at the next race.

"A one race paint scheme to honor." - To sell a bunch of diecasts.

"I'd like to thank all the fans for their support." -Man -- are we selling a lot of t-shirts!

"This track presents a unique challenge." - It's poorly designed.

"Declined comment." - did a "kurt busch"

"I had an interesting conversation last night with..." - Who picked up the check for dinner.

"We'd like to welcome to the booth" - Someone who knows nothing about racing.

"For those of you who just joined us.." - Let's recap the three laps of this dull race that were actually exciting.

"Let's take you back a few laps." - To something we completely missed because we were doing the "bald and fat" comedy routine again.

"This is a family sport.." - So we do whatever the France family tells us to.

"Here's the tail end of the incident." - We're clueless as to what happened. Our camera man missed it.

"From this angle it's hard to tell." - You can see whose fault it is but we don't want to irritate his sponsor.

"Certainly didn't mean to do that." -Can you believe what this idiot did?

"Sometimes in the heat of the moment." - This guy just made a complete ass of himself.

"This decision was never about money." - It was about money. And they gave me a Rolex too.

"Broadcast partner" - Lap dog.

"We're going to cut away for a quick commercial break so we can show the next sequence of pit stops" - You have enough time to fly your blimp to Dublin and find a four leaf clover.

"Sportscenter is coming up at the top of the hour." - We're not going to interview the winner, skimping over the race and talking about the Superbowl that took place in february and it now being july is MUCH more important!

"Our finishes don't reflect how well we've run" - Every time we get into the top ten either the bonehead crashes or an engine blows.

"We remain 100 percent committed to our driver" - Anyone got Mark Martin or Bobby Labonte's home twitter handles?

"It's important to us to grow into new markets" - Drop dead, Bruton. You killed North Wilkesboro

"I'm exploring my options" - The phones not ringing. Looks like I'm heading down to the Busch series again.

"Race recap" - Wanna see all the wrecks again?

"A review of the tape was inconclusive."- Yeah, we screwed up, but what are you going to do about it?

"Good seats are still available" - They cost WAY too much.

"Seldom do you see a run this dominant" - The race is boring as Hell.

"Caution for debris on the track" - Caution to try to add a little excitement to this snoozefest.

"The lapped cars weren't showing us a lot of courtesy" - Danica and Cole Whitt ran into me again.

"Running a unique paint scheme this week" - Damn, but is that ugly.

"Yes indeed. That one is easy to pick out." - What a circus wagon. What is that? A psychedelic tribute to motion sickness?

"Indeed. Gorgeous." - The sponsor is running commercials during the broadcast as well.

"We're going to cut away for a short commercial break so we can show the last 10 laps of the race uninterrupted." - You know, your wife might like a blimp too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That might be the best thing I've ever read.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kenny Wallace's family might have gotten Kenny the coolest present yet. A steel replica of his dirt modified.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Clint Bowyer's sister-in-law has a sense of humor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:48 pm 

Nah, a bigger troll gift would be 20 Jeff Gordon die-casts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I love ebay

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1659403763

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:59 am 

Who wants lottery tickets?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

that's some expensive dust.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:30 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

has anyone from outside the US (more specific, Europe) ever attended a NASCAR race?

I wonder what is the best way to buy tickets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:59 pm 

Tobias wrote:
has anyone from outside the US (more specific, Europe) ever attended a NASCAR race?

I wonder what is the best way to buy tickets.

I've been to Homestead and Talladega, but I got my tickets sorted for me by NASCAR them self so I'm not much help. If you can, try to get a HOT PASS, makes the experience so much more been able to walk around the garages all day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:03 pm 

thanks. I guess obtaining those HOT PASSes is no mean feat.

Probably, like F1, it is easier to follow from the sofa.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:04 am 

with NASCAR it's much easier, as there often given away to family/friends by the team or it's drivers. As far as seeing what's going on, it's much easier than a circuit based sport as the laps are shorter, depending on track you can see the entire lap. Also, they do good track side support as far as lap information etc The car's are insanely loud, so it comes recommended!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e4zUBjQUd0&list=PLl9eY7c2lIeHt4vKyn8azPrvN4cJ1xpt8[/youtube]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1722 723 724 725 7261059 Next