TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1690 691 692 693 6941059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
One of my best buds works at AT&T over in the Litchfield Crossings plaza. I'll talk to him about the area service and if they will be expanding anytime soon.

Awesome! Thank you! I will drop Charter like a bad habit and get AT&T the second it becomes available.

Back to the topic of NASCAR qualifying... When did it change to the KEYSTONE LIGHT Pole award?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Sorry but I stopped reading when I read "Nascar" and not NASCAR.

same. I refuse to read anything which has incorrect capitalization

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Since no one is entitled to their opinion about disagreeing with Nascar's lame new rules or shitty racing without being labeled a drama queen or told to stop watching races, can we just stop calling this thread 'Random NASCAR Discussion' and re-title it 'Random NASCAR Agreement'?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NASCAR*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

We should start a discussion where we list ten things we like about NASCAR and ten things we don't. I'll start.

Things I like:
1) The cars are really loud
2) 43 of the world greatest drivers every weekend have a chance to win
3) The pit stops
4) Side by side racing, every lap.
5) Have to go to church on Sunday? You might get to see your favorite driver on Saturday battling for the win against the sports up and coming superstars.
6) Did I mention pit stops?
7) 4 tires, 2 tires, no tires! There's more strategy here than a football game.
8 ) Drivers thanking Jesus for their good fortune.
9) Fans from all over the world gathering together to cheer on their favorite driver.
10) You never know who is going to show up to wave the green flag or drive the pace car. Brett Farve? Kevin James? Sugar land?

Ok now for what I don't like... Actually hang on I got a few more things I like.

11) The cars look just like they rolled off the dealer floor
12) Delicious popcorn and hot dogs from the concession stand
13) Walking proudly through the parking lot with my brand new Kevin Harvick windbreaker on.

One more

14) PIT STOPS HEHE

Now for the things I don't like about NASCAR
1) During the middle of the week, theres no racing.
2) Sometimes the commercials during the race aren't for the products my favorite driver supports. Pepsi, yuck!
3) I have a hard time understanding what the drivers say on the radios.
4) Turn of wedge? Track bar adjustment? Grill tape? We're not building a car, just freaking tell me who the fastest car is!
5) The offseason, NASCAR can have more races in warmer climates like at Texas and California.
6) Theres not enough focus on the drivers lives outside of racing. Does Kevin like olives on his salad? What if his favorite flavor Starburst? What shows does he watch on Netflix.
7) Crashes, I don't like seeing people get hurt, especially those ones with husbands or wives.
8 ) Racing in Canada, GM, Ford, Pontiac's aren't built in Canada. Get your own league.
9) There are too many cars on the screen in one shot. when there is a lot of action, there should be a side by side shot.
10) When the race ends and I have to wait another week for the next race. =(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:44 am 

Andre wrote:
So many drama queens on the interwebs.

OMG THIS SCENARIO COULD HAPPEN IF SO RIP NASCAR.

Kyle Larson's car could have also flown into the grandstands at Daytona last year, killing dozens, and THAT could have been the end of NASCAR. But hey, it's still here. Some of us are also still entertained as hell by some of these races. I know they're not *all* barn-burners, but they were NEVER all barn-burners. We all remember those days fondly, but our perception is skewed by recent turns for the sport - we were just as bored during some races in those days.

Watch or don't. Stop being so dramatic. Don't over-think it to the point of giving yourself an aneurysm. The end.

the races are all hot garbage and if you don't agree then you're either ridiculously easily entertained with an unbelievably boring life or completely blind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:46 am 

Tristar 7AT wrote:
We should start a discussion where we list ten things we like about NASCAR and ten things we don't. I'll start.

Things I like:
1) The cars are really loud
2) 43 of the world greatest drivers every weekend have a chance to win
3) The pit stops
4) Side by side racing, every lap.
5) Have to go to church on Sunday? You might get to see your favorite driver on Saturday battling for the win against the sports up and coming superstars.
6) Did I mention pit stops?
7) 4 tires, 2 tires, no tires! There's more strategy here than a football game.
8 ) Drivers thanking Jesus for their good fortune.
9) Fans from all over the world gathering together to cheer on their favorite driver.
10) You never know who is going to show up to wave the green flag or drive the pace car. Brett Farve? Kevin James? Sugar land?

Ok now for what I don't like... Actually hang on I got a few more things I like.

11) The cars look just like they rolled off the dealer floor
12) Delicious popcorn and hot dogs from the concession stand
13) Walking proudly through the parking lot with my brand new Kevin Harvick windbreaker on.

One more

14) PIT STOPS HEHE

Now for the things I don't like about NASCAR
1) During the middle of the week, theres no racing.
2) Sometimes the commercials during the race aren't for the products my favorite driver supports. Pepsi, yuck!
3) I have a hard time understanding what the drivers say on the radios.
4) Turn of wedge? Track bar adjustment? Grill tape? We're not building a car, just freaking tell me who the fastest car is!
5) The offseason, NASCAR can have more races in warmer climates like at Texas and California.
6) Theres not enough focus on the drivers lives outside of racing. Does Kevin like olives on his salad? What if his favorite flavor Starburst? What shows does he watch on Netflix.
7) Crashes, I don't like seeing people get hurt, especially those ones with husbands or wives.
8 ) Racing in Canada, GM, Ford, Pontiac's aren't built in Canada. Get your own league.
9) There are too many cars on the screen in one shot. when there is a lot of action, there should be a side by side shot.
10) When the race ends and I have to wait another week for the next race. =(

Things I Like
1. THE 3 IS BACK DALE DALE 3 3 3 3 Austin is such a great ambassador for the number 3
2. Danica lol shes so hot
3. so many night races
4. the announcers aren't afraid to love crashes now, they're so pumped when ppl crash and they're always saying how we should keep watching bc there's gonna be big wrecks, i love those guys, especially Andy Petree and his xenophobia, if you aren't AMERICAN, then GET OUT of my nascar
5. pit stops these guys are so fast such athletes they aren't guys who are somehow too dumb to even play football at all
6. all the cars are so close the lap times are almost identical what's better racing than that?
7. nothing has changed, it's just like the good ol' days
8. cars all look like their showroom counterparts, its like a real Camry racing a real Chevy SS!
9. same start times all season long
10. nascar is so exciting under the lights you can see the sparks and TEMPERS flare

What I Dont Like
1. not enough Danica, they usually don't show her enough of TV, sometimes they only show her after she crashes! i need to see my girl running a strong 28th place!
2. not enough driver tweets shown on TV, i can't just read them once on actual twitter, i need to see them on TV too, cmon NASCAR
3. Austin Dillons cowboy hat is not nearly big enough
4. not enough night racing, IMO all the races should be at night except spring Bristol
5. not enough weekday races like you said, i want MONDAY NIGHT NASCAR just like the NFL
6. needs to be more like NFL Football
7. needs to be more like Golf
8. the new chase is TOO CONFUSING, the points system should just be based on wins, who CARES about the rest of the results!
9. too much cursing, i cant have my children hearing these swear words while i try to encourage good Christian American family values
10. i can't think of any more, other than these NASCAR is literally perfect IMHO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Things I don't like about NASCAR
1) Too many fucking commercials at the most unnecessary of times.
2) The racing in general just being tiresome most of the time.
3) NASCAR allowing the sport to get non-ESPN mainstream attention ONLY when someone gets maimed and killed.
4) Cup ringers in Nationwide. If you want to spice things up, pair them with lower-tier teams and equipment and vice-versa. Like, put Kyle Busch in one of the Tri-Star cars and make the most of that, all while Mike Bliss kicks all kinds of ass in Kyle's #54.
5) Inconsistent penalties.
6) Giving new tracks Nationwide and/or Truck dates, brainwash the promoters/fans into thinking if they sell enough tickets to said races, they'll get a Cup race in the future, then leave everyone high and dry when the ticket numbers start dropping once said fans realize NASCAR never had any intention of giving their track a Cup date, even if the quality of racing has more than proved they deserve it (Mexico City, Nashville, Montreal; Iowa Speedway is being put under this wringer as we speak).
7) Lack of a consistent point structure. They changed the points standings in 1975, and kept it for 38 fucking years. Now it's a miracle if they don't adjust something stupid after 3 years.
8 ) Constant repaves. You let a track set in and age and it gains character, gives the drivers a challenge, makes the races more unpredictable. Nowadays, you get one little bump in the surface, and it's all "OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK, THEY'RE ALL GONNA CRASH AND DIE, QUICK REPAVE IT NOW".
9) Bowman-Gray. Just Bowman-Gray.
10) Getting a late caution, and the commentators are yelling "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING", even if the leader has led every lap and nobody has even come close to touching him. If Kyle Busch has led every lap in a Truck race, lapped all but 5 trucks, and beaten everyone on all previous restarts by a country mile, a restart with 2 to go is usually not going to make any fucking difference. I doubt the leader's gonna go full retard and instantly plow into the wall.

Things I like? Eh, I'll get to it sometime.... maybe.... probably not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I blame Brett Favre. He did Wrangler commercials with Junior which obviously means the Brett Favre virus infiltrated NASCAR. Fuck you Brett.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:27 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Things I don't like about NASCAR now:

The need to have a full race to determine the winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Laske wrote:
Andre wrote:

Kyle Larson's car could have also flown into the grandstands at Daytona last year, killing dozens, and THAT could have been the end of NASCAR. But hey, it's still here. Some of us are also still entertained as hell by some of these races. I know they're not *all* barn-burners, but they were NEVER all barn-burners. We all remember those days fondly, but our perception is skewed by recent turns for the sport - we were just as bored during some races in those days.

Watch or don't. Stop being so dramatic. Don't over-think it to the point of giving yourself an aneurysm. The end.

the races are all hot garbage and if you don't agree then you're either ridiculously easily entertained with an unbelievably boring life or completely blind

We disagree. I hope you can still sleep tonight. :(

*Edited 4 times because I typed a bunch of negative shit out, then deleted it. :D *

Last edited by Andre on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

(Because it's COOL!)

Things I like...
The first half of this season.
Nationwide drivers *actually* starting to beat the Cup guys.
*Some* races having tire wear come into play.
NASCAR *seemingly* being aware of its problems and listening to fans about it; let's hope testing at Michigan wasn't in vain.
Good finishes...

Things I don't like...
The second half of this season.
Cars easier to drive (as per drivers, anyway) than they ever have been, until they're in DIRTY AIR.
*Most* races having tires mean absolutely nothing.
Cup drivers still being allowed to run Nationwide cars owned by Cup owners.
The fact that having sponsors means more than having talent.
...boring buildup to good finishes.

Things I don't really care about either way...
The Chase

I'm not exactly thrilled with the majority of races either, but I choose to look at the good instead of focusing on the bad. I think I'm at the wrong forum to have that attitude, however.

Also, what Chris said. I request a ban on the next person who writes "Nascar" instead of NASCAR. :whistling:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andre wrote:
I request a ban on the next person who writes "Nascar" instead of NASCAR. :whistling:

Lifetime ban if they spell it as "NA$CAR".

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
Laske wrote:
Andre wrote:

We disagree. I hope you can still sleep tonight. :(

*Edited 4 times because I typed a bunch of negative shit out, then deleted it. :D *

SOMEBODY'S GONNA PUNCH SOMEBODY :rusty wllace ice:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What if they call it.. ASSCAR?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:05 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

NAPCAR imo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gael wrote:

I think there was a series called ASCAR pronounced ASSCAR. :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

zippy wrote:
Gael wrote:

I think there was a series called ASCAR pronounced ASSCAR. :p

There was, NASCAR threatened to sue them and they had to change their name.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Now that I know it actually annoys people, I'll never stop doing it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Look at his username. You'd be foolish to expect conventional use of capitalization.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1690 691 692 693 6941059 Next