TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1668 669 670 671 6721059 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The series would fold overnight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seems like the only people not fed up with it are NA$CAR and Kyle Busch, that small group means more than the thousands of fans who are more than tired of watching.

OR

I like the idea of Cup drivers driving for under funded teams, put Kyle in a Tristar Toyota, Logano in a Rick Ware Ford and Harvick in a JD Motorsports car and lets have some fun watching.

Last edited by Underdogfan on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I'm not even sure why Kyle does it any more

It's pretty certain by now that the reason he's not progressing that much in Cup is he's pretty bloody knackered from running one or two race distances while everyone else is sitting on their butts chilling for the Cup race.

So he gets to smack around the up and coming kids but when time comes on Sunday to really deliver, he can't bring it home.

Maybe he'll self realise this soon and we'll have a second and third tier worth watching again.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Underdogfan wrote:
I like the idea of Cup drivers driving for under funded teams, put Kyle in a Tristar Toyota, Logano in a Rick Ware Ford and Harvick in a JD Motorsports car and lets have some fun watching.

It would be fun watching. Look at 2012 when Kyle and Kurt ran the 54 under the KBM umbrella. Kyle 0 wins, Kurt 1. Then look at all the wins Kyle has again running the 54 under the JGR umbrella. Unfortunately, as it was said, the series would probably end up folding. The sponsors won't want to sponsor the Cup driver in crap equipment and they won't want to sponsor no names in top equipment. I still think that it should be that you get 10-15 starts max in another series if you are in the top 25 or 30 in points in the series in which you declared for. You can pick and choose what races but only 10 or 15.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
I'm not even sure why Kyle does it any more

It's pretty certain by now that the reason he's not progressing that much in Cup is he's pretty bloody knackered from running one or two race distances while everyone else is sitting on their butts chilling for the Cup race.

So he gets to smack around the up and coming kids but when time comes on Sunday to really deliver, he can't bring it home.

Maybe he'll self realise this soon and we'll have a second and third tier worth watching again.

His huge ego is whats keeping him there. Can't get it done in Cup, gotta win somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's definitely ego. The NASCAR channel on XM radio runs a commercial where Kyle openly says he's the "king of the minors and he'll wear that crown proudly".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:09 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ChrisTRD wrote:
It's definitely ego. The NASCAR channel on XM radio runs a commercial where Kyle openly says he's the "king of the minors and he'll wear that crown proudly".

That sort of talk gets people arrested here in England.

#yewtree

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:

If I was his Cup sponsors like M&M's and Interstate I would be FUMING that he consistently fucks up in Cup yet whips everyone around in other cars and other sponsors. Seems like $$ is all that matters now, so I'm waiting for one of his sponsors to drop the hammer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Underdogfan wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

If I was his Cup sponsors like M&M's and Interstate I would be FUMING that he consistently fucks up in Cup yet whips everyone around in other cars and other sponsors. Seems like $$ is all that matters now, so I'm waiting for one of his sponsors to drop the hammer.

I really wish M&M's would. That would be a huge blow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Most recent rumor is Earl is going to JGR, will be sponsored by Mars, and Kyle will have Monster Energy as primary.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Saw that (about Earl and M&M's teaming up)... makes complete sense that M&M's would want out of the deal with Busch, what with all the stuff he's done over the years kinda making them question their sponsorship.

Ironically, Monster moving up to sponsor a full-time Cup ride would probably take away from the number of Nationwide races they could run with JGR. Not saying JGR wouldn't be able to find a full-time sponsor for Kyle to run a quasi-full season again, but it could be a factor in how many Nationwide races he runs next year.

I doubt it, however. That Texas-sized ego's gotta get stroked, somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gael wrote:
Most recent rumor is Earl is going to JGR, will be sponsored by Mars, and Kyle will have Monster Energy as primary.

HAHA brilliant, right after we talk about it too. Well yeah lets hope this puts Monster in a spot where they aren't gonna sponsor him in Nationwide....though its The Truck series that seems to have no competition. That series is in it's last years anyways so....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:12 am 

from jayski:
Quote:
UPDATE: hearing that the deal between Edwards and Joe Gibbs Racing is done, no word when it will be announced.(6-19-2014)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sigh, I was happy Kenseth got away from Earl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Teams gonna be a fuckin power house....hmm probably horse in some JGR Natuonwde races too unless he's said he's done with Nationwide??

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is great. I've always been a fan of Earl particularly for bringing Horseface down to earth (by sending him up from earth ironically) and I know he's a tremendously gifted driver who will shine at Gibbs while Roush continues decimating into Robert Yates Racing v2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From two of the most likeable drivers in Bobby Labonte and (early) Tony Stewart, to Denny, Kyle and Carl... Man, JGR is just a triple decker turd sandwich now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
From two of the most likeable drivers in Bobby Labonte and (early) Tony Stewart, to Denny, Kyle and Carl... Man, JGR is just a triple decker turd sandwich now.

Teams don't get drivers because they're likeable. With Kyle, Denny, Matt and Carl that team is stacked with talent. They're a little behind the 8 ball now, but once they get it sorted out, they're going to be tough.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's just really odd that Carl would be sponsored by M&M's when he lives such a healthy lifestyle. But I suppose money and a top ride talk.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I never thought it would be possible that there could be 2 guys that I like LESS than Carl on the SAME team as him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1668 669 670 671 6721059 Next